Anyone else feeling like they are getting behind?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sandmama
  • 1 Post By BeachMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Super Mommy
All these posts about shopping, gender, names, baby room prep ..... Gosh I have not done anything. Am I strange? I just can't seem to bring myself to that next stage. Not sure if its because I am still scared from past losses or if I am procrastinating or just can't imagine a baby yet. Not sure but I keep putting stuff off. Guess there is still a lot of time. But we really have nothing and I probably should at least research ideas so I know what's out there. Things seem to have changed since my son.

Sorry long ramble it's been a hormonal day. I cried twice over pretty regular things. Feeling so sensitive.

Or maybe it's cause I am still so darn tired? I don't know. Lol
February 18th, 2013, 07:31 PM
sandmama's Avatar Veteran
Haven't bought even one thing yet either! Until the anatomy scan I don't like to do much. A friend brought over a practically new rocker/ottoman for me today and it's sitting in the living room. Weird to look at it and realize that it is for the new baby!

It won't be long and baby will start moving, I will have a scan and then start buying stuff. I don't think it has really sunk in yet!
Jessmom likes this.

February 18th, 2013, 07:32 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even started looking. I did start researching infant seats the other night but that's it. We won't be buying things until it gets closer.
Jessmom likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We haven't started anything yet either! We had our gender ultrasound yesterday though, that's about all! lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 19th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
You've got plenty of time! Don't worry about it yet if you're not ready to do all of that. I've mostly just started researching a few things, and that's just on days I'm at home and bored.
February 19th, 2013, 06:32 AM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't done anything either. I look online sometimes of new baby products but haven't bought anything. I have so much stuff i saved from Tyler and alyssa so i don't have to but to much. We haven't figured out where we are putting the crib yet. I wouldn't say we are behind but we should start organizing done stuff soon to see what we do need. My other two were winter babies so I'm thinking ill need some cooler clothing.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
February 19th, 2013, 06:44 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's still a lot of time! I don't think I had much of anything done when I was this far along with DS. As a military family we have just learned to do things ASAP here simply because we can and may not be able to in the future when the time comes. Luckily it doesn't look like DH is leaving any time soon but he was gone for most of the pregnancy with DS and after DS was born with like 1 week notice. So nothing got done ever, that's why I'm jumping the gun this time

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
February 19th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You have loads of time We have just bought diapers and wipes - those are always great things to stock up on. We have a rule that when we go grocery shopping, we buy a pack of wipes. It quickly adds up, so that could be one thing to focus on as its generic and universal.

As far as anything else goes, we haven't done anything. I have been so darn tired to be honest that I have had no desire to go shopping. Now I'm starting to get more interested in looking at nursery furniture etc. We will do our registry once we find out the gender, but will probably not buy anything big until then.

February 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't do much of anything until we find out gender. Even then, I don't think I will buy too much until after our baby showers.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
February 19th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All I've bought is blankets that are gender neutral

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

February 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have not bought anything except a stocking when I got us all new ones on clearance after christmas. I wont end up doing much until near the end...I am always a procrastinator! lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

February 19th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I havent even begun to really think on stuff. I will...eventually. I guess

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2