The Hospital sounds like a dream

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By mariri
  • 3 Post By alittlelost
  • 4 Post By Jenilope

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 05:19 AM
mariri's Avatar Veteran
i am meeting my midwive on the 26th February and will be having my first consultation with her, she did however tell me which hospital i will be birthing at and its not the one across my street but a 30 minute drive from where i stay. checked out the hospitals website and its a dream , private rooms and DH can sleep over, free 4d scan when you book with them, they also provide you with a birthing pac for mother and baby. The pack contains the following items: 24 maternity pads; 28 newborn nappies; 10 linen savers; 12 breast pads; 3 maternity stretch panties; a small roll of cotton wool; aqueous cream; Weleda wecesin powder; surgical spirits; wet wipes; Johnson and Johnson Top to Toe wash; Vaseline and Bepanthen; all packed in a high quality bag. you should call the hospital 20 minutes before your arrival so that they can preare your room for you and have nurses and support staff on stand-by on your arrival. when i do my booking @ 20 weeks there will be a nurse who will give me a tour around the place

do you guys know the hospital you will be brthing in and what is it like?
mamalamb, Husher, yvee80 and 3 others like this.
February 19th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like it'll be a really nice experience!!

I know the hospital I'll be having her in but I haven't been there yet because it's really new- I'll be setting up a walk through tour in a few months so I can get a good luck! I've heard wonderful things about it

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 19th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great hospital! I'll be having mine in the same hospital that I had my daughter in - Baylor in Fort Worth, Tx. They were wonderful when I was there with my daughter, providing all the essentials and the private rooms are huge

February 19th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Mommy of 3
Sounds awesome!!!

I'm delivering at a different hospital this time than with m other 2. I haven't seen it yet but it comes highly recommended by friends. Big private rooms. Apparently it's more like a hotel than a hospital
My last hospital was fine but you had to share a room with another woman. I'm a very bad sleeper, I need total quiet to fall asleep and I ended up with the noisiest roommates both times. Got barely any sleep and was exhausted by the time I got home. Looking forward to a private room this time!

February 19th, 2013, 06:57 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds great <3 <3 <3

Our birth center has private rooms (or you can birth at home) with water birthing tubs. And it's very "homey" instead of hospital-like.

Here are our room options:

Tinky, Ray88 and Irishgirl99 like this.

Last edited by alittlelost; February 19th, 2013 at 07:00 AM.
February 19th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Veteran
I know the hospital i will be delivering at very well. I work there and i work with moms and babies quite frequently. I know the nurses who will take care of me very well. I almost feel like its me home away from home. I know my girls will take good care of me and my baby, and will try to make my hubby as comfortable as possible. (He hates. Hospitals). Out of everything i am stressing out about for our little one, i am most calm knowing i will be at my hospital with my co-workers with me.
February 19th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
That sounds lovely!

I will be birthing at the same hospital where I had the other three girls. They have private labor and delivery rooms and private recovery rooms. Baby can room-in or go to the nursery and I'll have a nice private bathroom with a fancy shower and room-service style food. I always joke that it IS my vacation because it's so nice and the staff is so attentive. I get food brought to me, someone to clean up, bring meds, watch the baby while I shower or nap, wireless internet and I can watch whatever I want on cable tv. I know a lot of moms are eager to get out as fast as they can but I enjoy my 2 1/2 days to their fullest and don't even allow visitors (except DH) until I'm ready to go home, he'll bring the big kids when he picks us up so they can be the first to meet the baby. But I'm looking forward to it! So far, it's always been a restful experience and a fantastic chance to bond with my new baby without pressure to do anything else at all but stare at him/her and feed/change/love.

February 19th, 2013, 08:47 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds nice!!! I will be delivering at the same hospital I had DD2 at, which I LOVE. Big private rooms, it was just built a few years ago so everything is still pretty new, nice large waiting areas for family, and the one of the area's best NICUs is right there

It's a big improvement from the hospital I had to have DD1 at lol. They did have a good NICU which good because she ended up there, but it was like 100 years old, everything was gross, it was shared rooms, I had to share with two other people! AND THERE WAS A LIVE ROACH IN MY LABOR ROOM!!! Needless to say I'm happy I haven't had to go back there LOL!

February 19th, 2013, 09:15 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be delivering at the same hospital where I had all my kids, even though it is about 25-30 mins away now (we moved). I LOVE their maternity floor. It is completely private. I will have a private room with a pull out bed for DH, a private bathroom with shower, and all other amenities that OP mentioned.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
February 19th, 2013, 09:35 AM
sandmama's Avatar Veteran
Hospital birthing is big business!

It is amazing how many hospitals in the last 10-15 years have upgraded their maternity wards. Especially the ones done in the last 5 years or so.

When I had DS 17 years ago it was standard to move from room to room: birthing room, delivery room and recovery room. Thankfully they were at least private rooms. Nursery use was very high, when I woke up after delivery (I was pretty much knocked out) they had to go get DS for me.

When I had DD 5 years later, same hospital they had remodeled the floor and you stayed in one room the whole time. They were still hospital like but were large, with a good side tub to labor in and a pull out couch for someone to sleep over. Things had changed to having baby stay in the room, really helped with nursing, etc.

When I had YDS only 3 years ago, different hospital, but WOW! Beautiful rooms, ton of space, great help with certified lactation consultants ready at your disposal and a full menu to order from night or day.

Since ladies do have a choice where to deliver at, they are def. having to compete with each other with nicer rooms and amenities. It is easy money for them and worth that investment. Yours does sound really heavenly! Lucky girl!!

February 19th, 2013, 11:38 AM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Im delivering at a hospital I am not too familiar with. I had my son an hour away because of his heart. This hospital I will deliver at is the only one in the area that allows VBAC's. I dont care about anything else. I just want a VBAC. I have read that they have private rooms, which is great.
February 19th, 2013, 11:42 AM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
My hospital is one of the top trauma hospitals and the show on TLC shoot I forget the name. Its Baby's first days or something like that is shot at my hospital. However you will not catch me in any episodes..lol. We will set up a tour soon.

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

February 19th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Super Mommy
I am delivering at the same hospital I had all my kids. I think they have remodeled so I am excited to see the new changes. It was very nice when I was there before so if its better then I know I will love it. It is less than 5 minutes from my house.
February 19th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I will be going to the same military hospital #3 and #5 were born at. #4 was supposed to be born there but you know that story. We were transferred to the civilin hospital after the ambulance came.

They remodeled as well, I never saw the old maternity wing. The new one has super huge labor/delivery rooms. HUGE! I am never there long though. After a couple hours you get moved downstairs to a shared room. I am sure all th bells and whistles at our hospital are nice for some, but I really just don't care. I don't want to watch a dvd or anything like that. I don't have a cheering section. I just need a catcher down there and all will be gravy. There is also NOT a nursery. Let me rephrase, not for everybody. Only for those with spouses who are deployed. Baby stays with you the whole time.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
February 19th, 2013, 06:12 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds AMAZING!! I cant wait to take a tour and see what the birthing suites look like where my midwives deliver.. Their website is very private and doesnt show any pictures but does have a digital nursery for friends and family with your password to view pictures of it.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
February 20th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Innogen's Avatar Regular
Planning to do it at home but if I have to go toa hospital, my midwife delivers at the hospital closest tomy house

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search