For mom whom already have kids?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 08:22 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Have any of your kids or will any of then come in the labor and delivery room with you? I want my daughter whom will be 14 by then in the room, as well as my DH of course and my mom. My daughter and I have a very close relationship and because this will be such a huge change for her I want her involved as much as possible and she says she wants to be there....if she gets scared my mom will take her out to my sister.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
February 19th, 2013, 08:38 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't/wouldn't, but mine are alot younger than yours! I think a 14 yo should be allowed, especially if she wants to be. I also think it's good there will be someone that can take her out if it gets to be too much
yvee80 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
My son is only 3 and VERY active so I'm worried he would cause a lot of havoc. I feel he's too young to be there, anyway. I think your 14-year-old daughter being there is a great idea. She's old enough to understand what's going on and to appreciate the experience.
yvee80 likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter will be four when the baby is born, but heck no way. She is too young and I don't want tobe distracted by her. I think at 14 y.o thats a good sensible age and a beautiful opportunity for her.
yvee80 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
That's how I feel ladies if she was a younger one I probably wouldn't allow her to be in the room, i also think it will be the start of a great bonding experience and connection between the 2 of them.
Husher likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
February 19th, 2013, 09:17 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a bunch of teenagers, but don't want any of them in the OR (it will be a C-section).
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
February 19th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I won't be bringing any of my kids just because I don't know how long I will be in labor for and I'm sure my kids will get bored and start to lose their patients and argue. I was in labor for 22 hours with my last DS. I would never consider bringing my 4 year old. I think they're all going to stay with grandma and grandpa

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

February 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Mine are only 5 and 3 (he will be 4 when this one is born) so mine definitely won't be with us, but I think your daughter is a great age. You're doing such a good thing by wanting her to be bonded with your newest little one.
yvee80 likes this.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 19th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
My daughter is 13 and I don't think she could handle it. I told her she could pop in and out if she wanted but most likely she'll be in the waiting room. She fainted when our dog got his stitches out so I think she'd probably pass out.

Although... it would be great birth control for her!!
yvee80 and Bookreader like this.

February 19th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My oldest is `13 and I wouldn't let him in the room, even if he was a girl! I was 16 when my niece was born and I was terrified for years to even think about having my own babies! LOL!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

February 19th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I think it could be an amazing experience for your daughter, if she wants to do it. 14 is old enough to know the basics of how babies are made and born and it should provide her a magical experience, a feeling of responsibility and involvement and maybe even be a great deterrent to becoming sexually active for a while!

Just check your hospital's policy before you make a promise--some don't allow visitors under 18 and some have a cap on the number of people allowed in the room.

My oldest dd will turn 5 just before baby is born, so I won't consider having any of my littles there, they're just too young.
yvee80 likes this.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

February 19th, 2013, 11:00 AM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I think that will be a great opportunity for you daughter!!

My son will only be around 20 months so there is no way he would be in there.
yvee80 likes this.
February 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
yes, my kids will be there - ages 3, 5, and 7 (as long as they want to be). But I am having a homebirth. I would not take them if I were going to the hospital.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 19th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think every kids is different and some 14 year old would be able to handle it and others wouldnt. If she wants to be with you and you feel comftorable with it then let her. Like you said if she cant handle it she will be able to leave! My oldest is 10 he will be 11 when baby is born and he wants to be close by so he can see baby as soon as its born but not in the room. I am planning a home delivery so that wont be a problem. My niece who will be 12 wants to be there (my family is super super close) I have no problem with it and she can leave if she gets uncomfortable though. My youngest is 3 and Im hoping he is sleeping because he is sooo busy. But if not then I will have family around to keep him occupied outside, or in another room.
yvee80 likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

February 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I am having the baby at home, so my kids will be around, not sure who will be in the room actually.

When my last son was born, my oldest son was there, he was 17 at the time. It was the second birth he was at. He was also there when his sister was born 10 years ago.
yvee80 likes this.
#12 is on the way
February 19th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I wouldn't want my kids in the room regardless of age just because I don't want them to watch me give birth. Heck, the thought of DH watching me gives birth kinda weirds me out and he's going to be on Skype, lol.
yvee80 and soccermamatomany like this.
February 19th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
My daughter was there with my last son. She was 13, and took pictures and did a small recording. She would like to come again this time but since she doesnt live with me I don't know I'd have time to fetch her.
yvee80 likes this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
February 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 9 year old MAY, it just depends on the start of school. I'm due the day before school starts and who knows. I'm not even sure if the hospital even allows it. Make sure you find that out and how many you can have in. I know at the 4 hospitals I delivered at, I was only allowed 2 people in the room during delivery.

February 19th, 2013, 03:01 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
My ds is 10 and dd 8 and they wont be in the delivery .... My dd said she wanted to hold baby first and I said even if she is all bloody and she made a face and said after she is clean
February 19th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Super Mommy
My 16 dd wants to be in the room 14 dd has not said yet. I am excited to share this with them.
yvee80 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search