This sucks.

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I have discovered if I don't drink any caffeine the day before the next day I have a migraine so bad that it not only hurts to blink but to have my eyes open or closed. And to top it off, the regular strength tylenol that I bought, my kids have hidden it somewhere and I can't find it. So now I'm sitting here sucking down a Dr Pepper hoping the caffeine will kick in and the kids are running around screaming and yelling, and I just wanna crawl under a rock.
February 19th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain, girl! I had to take off work yesterday due to a migraine and while I'm at work today, I feel like total crap. I took fioricet yesterday and I'm trying to avoid meds today, but my neck and now also head are killing me again. I just want 20 weeks to get here already because that's when these headaches let up last time.

February 19th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I finally broke down and went to target to get some, which apparently they've been recalled at Target and no matter how much I kept explaining I was pregnant they kept pushing naproxen and asprin on me. I was like, No....I'm pregnant. I can't take that. If I could I have aleve at home I could have taken.

So ended up going to walmart and they had one bottle left. hoping the kids take a nap soon so I can have some quiet time.
February 19th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Super Mommy
That sounds pretty rough. I hope you feel better soon.
February 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you are feeling better by now! That sucks!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
February 19th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It took a large DP from Sonic and two tylenol to knock it out. Ugh it was bad. That mixed with MS was not making for a fun morning.
February 19th, 2013, 06:27 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Im glad its gone! I was like that with my son. I had horrible migraines and I ended up drinking a dr. pepper to make it go away followed by a bottle of water. Im glad you found some tylenol.
February 19th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been drinking a ton of water this whole pregnancy, but for some reason if I go one day without any caffeine, the migraine the next day is excruciating! If I wasn't pregnant, I would just pop excedrin or aleve and just move on, but the nausea from the migraine mixed with the dizzy spells and then morning sickness, not something I want to keep experiencing this pregnancy.
February 20th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Regular
Caffeine is used in some cases to treat migraines. The best cocktail for a migraine (at home) is an extra stong cup of coffee and tylenol!! If you go without caffeine, the headache you are getting sounds like a withdrawl headache. They are the worst!! I've stopped caffeine a few times, and the headache lasts sometimes for two days, goes right through the night, disrupts sleep and is untouched by tylenol alone. I stopped caffeine at the beginning of this pregnancy, and I swear I am not going to start it again! (which is what I said the other times, and I still restarted it, I'm a former coffee addict!!)
February 20th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love coffee and dr pepper. I'm also prone to chronic migraines. And when I first found out I was pregnancy I had gone 7 weeks without any caffeine. Then I started developing the migraines, so I started drinking caffeine to help, just 20 oz of Dr Pepper. And it took about 3 days and it finally knocked out the migraines. But if I stop for even a day, they are back with a vengence!
February 20th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Regular
Yeah, for some reason pregnancy brings migraines for some. I actually had bad occular migraines with my first pregnancy. I went to an eye doctor because I was having episodes of blind spots, it was the weirdest thing. He ended up diagnosing me with the occular migraines, no pain just huge blind spots in my vision. And they stopped after the pregnancy was done. I had a few with my second pregnancy, and this one, none so far.
If I were you I would just keep treating the migraine with the caffeine, because really what else are you going to do? I figured if it was a withdrawl you'd be able to ride it out, but if its migraines because your pregnant, they are not going anywhere anytime soon!
I don't normally get headaches but when I do, caffeine and tylenol! Works ever time!!
February 20th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was lucky last time that when they started, OMG they were bad, tunnel vision, excelerated BP, dizziness, etc, I called my neurologist who treated me with an outpatient procedure where she inserted this super long needle into the back base of my skull and injected some fluid to relieve pressure on a nerve that was being restricted. I didn't suffer another migraine for almost 3 years now. Now they are back and I don't have a neuro here to consult with.
February 20th, 2013, 05:24 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry to hear about that whole ordeal! I had no idea they recalled tylenol! Im glad you got some relief, though.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search