We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Is anyone else attampting a VBAC? With my daughter, she was a breech baby and when she was born via c-section we discovered that her cord was only a few inches long, acting like a leash so she couldn't turn. I had no choice but to have a c-section. I am lucky that I have a super OB that is super supportive of me having a vbac. I just really hope that it happens.
I've had 2 c-sections, but I won't be attempting a VBAC. My first was a vag birth, then I had a c-section because one of my twins was breech. When I was having my son, I requested a repeat c-section, because the recovery (for me) was easier from a c-section than a vag birth.
Good luck to you in attempting a VBAC.
Mama to many:
Twin DDs: 14 yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
I am on the fence :/ I want to, like in a 100% perfect world I would. However I had to have a c-section because of health reasons with me not the baby (heart issues), and that came to be because I had an incedent at 36 weeks wher emy heart nearly stopped. So far my doctors are on board with a VBAC, however they are also saying its kind of up in the air because the reality is, when I have issues with my heart (I have a heart condition), it is totally random, there is no symptoms leading up to it, nothing, so jsut because I dont have any issues like I did at 36 weeks with my son doesnt mean I wont have issues while in labor with DD. My heart is still the same, so there is nothing that changes the fact that it is just as likely to not happen, as it is to happen, which is an uncomfortably large % that it will for me.
So I am leaning towards a controlled situation (RCS), just because I worry that attempting a vaginal delivery will just put my life and my baby's life in unneccesary danger. I am very torn at the moment.
Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy
I'd love a vba3c. But with a history of a rupture (reason for my 2nd section) docs won't even think of it. So only way I'm getting one is if I go in pushing, I'm praying labor hits, go in, and baby comes right out. But I doubt that'll happen.
Me!!! I searched high and low for an OB that supports VBACs and delivers at a hospital that supports them also. Apparently, most of the hospitals near me will not even let a women attempt a VBAC because it is against hospital policy.
My son has a congenital heart defect and was diagnosed in utero. I was induced on a specific day so that the team of doctors would be available for him, however it was a failed induction. So I chose to have a c-section so that he could get the care he needed and be transferred to Childrens Hospital that day. It was very scary and sad. I didnt get to hold him or anything. I had an oxygen mask on and wasnt even able to kiss him. He was taken to Childrens hospital 2 hours after being born and I was left to recover alone. So this time I am looking forward to feeling every ounce of everything, and holding my baby and nursing and everything!
Check out the Attachment Parenting Board for Effective Parenting Solutions.
PM me if have questions about autism, TTC gender swaying, natural childbirth, going "vaccine-free", or if you are looking for gentle discipline advice.
im for sure trying for vbac. with my son i was in labor for 21 hours and pushed for three and he wasnt coming down... they say my chances of success for a vbac is lower because of the circumstances of why i ended up with a c section but i am going to do my mind is set!
My first was a c-section bc my ds was face up and got stuck but my dd was born vbac and it was an amazing delivery! I felt comfortable and safe the entire time ...I plan a vaginal delivery again unless complications arise....So here is a vbac success story for you
I'm going for one!! I'm gonna do my best to have the baby vaginally, but my doc said at any moment if I feel I can't do it or I just change my mind I can just say "c-section" and we'll be off. I really doubt I'll do that, but it's nice to know the option is there. With DS2 his heart rate and my blood pressure were dropping to uncomfortable levels so I had an emergency C (it took them 2hrs to stabilize my BP). I hope everything goes smoothly this time.
Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13
Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks
I am definitely planning on trying to VBAC if possible. I am very nervous about it though. My first and only other birth was such a negative experience. It also has been a little hard to find a practice that could support this choice. I still find it so frustrating and hard to understand that I couldn't just have a baby the normal way and now have to deal with it all again.. I am really dreading it. I hope we can continue to talk about this!