Had my Dr. Appointment today

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By KeLLiC09
  • 1 Post By PhD_Bound_Mommy
  • 1 Post By KeLLiC09
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By BeachMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 10:54 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The past week or so I've been a little worried because I haven't felt flutters in a week. I got scared and started thinking the worst. I go to my appointment and I haven't gained any weight (yay! because I really can't gain any) and I'm doing more walking and less eating when I'm bored because I'm back to work 2 days a week so that helps. I'm trying to eat healthier. Anyways, I told her my concerns and she said not to worry that it's normal to feel them and then not. She put the doppler on my belly and instantly we heard -swoosh swoosh swoosh- and my heart melted Nate loves listening to the heart beating. So everything sounded good. I go back March 20th. Here's the not so happy part - I can't find out the sex until March 27th at my 19, almost 20 week ultrasound 5 weeks away! I'm not sure I can wait that long!

Edit: And because I'm having another c-section, she will do it at 39 weeks. Because my due date is on a Saturday and they won't do c-sections on the weekends, she said it will be the Monday before so I guess I'm having this baby August 12th.
Allie_SMg and ElliotsMommy13 like this.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

Last edited by KeLLiC09; February 20th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.
February 20th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Love that you got to hear the baby and know when you will be having it, however it sucks that you have 5 more weeks too to find out the gender!
KeLLiC09 likes this.
February 20th, 2013, 11:04 AM
I know!! I guess it's a good thing and bad. On one hand I want to go out and buy stuff but on the other this will give me the time to pay off some bills, but money aside and what not. Still, I have to wait 5 more weeks!!
PhD_Bound_Mommy likes this.

February 20th, 2013, 11:20 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you heard the heartbeat! That must have been a comfort <3 Sorry you have to wait so long to find out gender, though! Neat to know when your baby will get here!
KeLLiC09 likes this.
February 20th, 2013, 04:04 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO glad you had a great appointment, nice to have that reassurance. SOrry you have to wait, we can wait together unless I talk dh into finding out sooner, we have about 7+ weeks until we get to go
KeLLiC09 likes this.

February 20th, 2013, 05:47 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im glad all went well at your appointment! 5 weeks will come before you know it.. But I know it feels like forever.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
February 20th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had the great appointment! Don't you love that swooshing sound after you have been worried? Sorry that you have to wait to find out the gender... I don't know about where you are, but the place I went to had deals for like "Tuesdays between 9-10am ONLY gender determination for $25!" and another had a "Black Friday" deal with the same idea but for Fridays, so I'd check around and see if there are any awesome deals near you that won't break the bank if you're super excited to find out earlier.

February 20th, 2013, 06:04 PM
There is a place near here that will charge $80-$115 to do it and the soonest they will do it is like March 5th but that's not guaranteeing finding out the sex. So I guess we will just wait.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search