I'm reposting this AGAIN, I'm sure you are all sick of looking at it by now,sorry LOL

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Anchored
  • 1 Post By PhD_Bound_Mommy
  • 1 Post By mommy2skyty
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 2 Post By Beachbabies
  • 1 Post By BirdsWifey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm just going CRAZY! I have looked at so many stinking u/s pics online the last week and a half and I still can't figure out if i really think Max is a boy or if it is a bigger chance I am going to get told girl next time Every time I start to feel reassured then I find some pic somewhere online of a girl that looked like it had a penis at 14 wks. Sigh. I will not be getting another scan until March 12 I feel like I am in limbo, I'm scared to buy anything, scared to bond with him as a boy, UGH.

I know I've probably been annoying with this and constantly bringing it up LOL, but it is maddening and I can't really vent or talk it out with anyone else. All my friends, family, and DH are sold that it's a boy just because "there is something between the legs". They don't get my whole swollen girl parts fear.

I'm scared that it was only 14 weeks and was not a potty shot because he was squashed sort of by my cervix and not being all that cooperative. It's a weird angle. The only plus is that I know for SURE that what is seen between the legs is NOT cord, my dr checked and double checked.

I know a lot of you have now had early gender scans and been told 100% one way or the other so hoping to get your take on this...

Thanks for listening to me obsess over this AGAIN. Lol

February 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wanna see my 12 week and 15 week girlie shots?? Maybe that'll make you feel better1 lol
mamalamb likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 21st, 2013, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honey, my 13 week shot is posted and compared to mine, Max is all boy.
mamalamb likes this.
February 21st, 2013, 10:25 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
I know what you are feeling! I had an early gender scan at 14 weeks and didn't believe it so I did another at 16 weeks ane then it was more obvious! I really think you are having a boy!
mamalamb likes this.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
February 21st, 2013, 10:26 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It looks like a boy to me. Did you post your potty shot at inGender? See what those ladies have to say. I posted my u/s pics and got mixed response. One member (AllyCat) said she would guess 80% boy for me. I don't know. I am just waiting for 3/9! Hurry up time!
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
February 21st, 2013, 10:27 AM
Mommy of 3
I'm no expert but definitely looks like a boy to me

February 21st, 2013, 10:28 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can show you my boys' pics at 12 weeks and 14 weeks if you want, but they were potty shots. Try to just think boy or think that you DON'T know what it is until your next ultrasound. {HUGS} I'm so anxious to pay to find out at 16 weeks but I'm so scared it won't be accurate.
mamalamb likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks ladies!! I didn't get any potty shots but I posted this pic on IG and GD....most of the replies said they couldn't tell or it could go either way...someone said they guessed girl based on the skull?

February 21st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would be going nuts too lol so don't worry, you aren't bothering us.
That picture, in my opinion, is not the greatest, but even then I STILL say boy. Also, your doc was looking at Max with more detail and for a longer time. He's a professional and does this all the time. I would bet on his 98%.

And in San Diego there are 6 elective ultrasound places and ALL of them will see you for gender at 14 weeks, which definitely leads me to believe that almost all of the time, if baby cooperates, they can get an accurate gender guess. Otherwise, they'd go out if business or at least move it back to 15 weeks.

Hang in there Mama, I'm willing to bet my most expensive purse he's a boy I can't wait for your next scan to see that he is a HE 100% no question.
mamalamb and BeachMum like this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
February 21st, 2013, 10:33 AM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know I completely understand and have been obsessing too. I get that girls can still be swollen but most of us with baby girls already had babies with nada going on between the legs at 12 weeks on! My boys had a lot going on even at early ultrasounds!!! I think Max is all boy!!!!
mamalamb likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that's why I am actually happy that the dr. didn't guess the gender at my 12 w u/s. It would have driven me nuts!!! Because even if she did say boy (which I am hoping) I wouldn't beleive it until it was 17weeks+ and for sure!

February 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I think your boy is definitely a boy! But I know how you feel. My next scan is March 3rd and the first question out of my mouth is going to be 'please tell me it's still a boy!'

February 21st, 2013, 10:49 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AND post away, I was SOOOOO feeling the same way as you when I found out with both boys so early and doubted it. It's not the best pic but I agree, your tech I don't think would have said anything if there was doubt.

February 21st, 2013, 10:51 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you should go for a gender scan! you're 15 weeks and can find out for sure. I think boy for you still!
February 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
you should go for a gender scan! you're 15 weeks and can find out for sure. I think boy for you still!
OMG i would LOVE TO but DH said out of the question :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search