I really need a hug:.( *Update*

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 12:08 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
A week before Christmas my dad had two massive heart attacks and was air lifted to a hospital. They did a five hour surgery and saved his life. But the damage was a lot more extensive then they originally thought. I just found out yesterday that we pretty much need a miracle for full recovery

Then when I get home last night my daughter is puking her guts out and has diarrhea. We were up EVERY THIRTY MINUTES to an HOUR cleaning up puke giving her baths, changing the bed we now have zero clean sheets blankets or towels. I even got vomited on in my face...........

It made for an extremely LONG exhausting night and now I am emotionally and physically drained

I feel helpless with my dad and guilty for having taken him for granted growing up. He has always been so loving and so involved and I just resented how protective and controlling he was I wish so badly I could take all that back.. and with dd, I hate seeing my angel sick and she has been so weak and lethargic today and her eyes are sunken in I want to give her more fluid but she is finally sleeping so I want to let her rest... I just feel so helpless.

I could really use a glass of wine right about now

************************************************** ***********************************
Ok so here is my update.
Rheanna I took your suggestion and posted this on fb as my status;

Growing up I often took my dad for granted. He drove me crazy with all his rules and how involved he was in every facet of my life. But I stop and look back at my selfish childishness and want to shake 17 year old me. "Kristyn do you have any idea how incredibly rare it is to have a dad who cares at all??" Yeah but what about all the rules!? 17 year old me would say. " They are in place to protect you. There are a lot of bad people in the world and he loves you enough to be "the tough cop" and keep all those creeps away from you. He is so involved because he loves you and enjoys your company! Enjoy this time with him. One day your going to grow up get married and not get to see him every day..
Daddy I love you with all my heart and regret every moment I missed to tell you how much you mean to me how grateful I am for you and How very much I love you. You are an amazing daddy and I am honored to call you mine. Thank you for being there for me my whole life. Thank you for loving me and making the hard choices. Thank you for forgiving my stupid ones. Thank you thank you thank you

It made a huge impact on him he told me it really touched him and that any mistakes I made were minute compared to the victories I had achieved and the beautiful woman I had become.. (tearing up)

As for Hailey; the poor thing lost 3 lbs *which on a 33 lbs baby is a LOT* and got so dehydrated her eyes are glassy blood shot and sunken in.
BUT the vomiting stopped around 3 pm yesterday, the diarrhea has subsided considerably and she is drinking a lot more fluids and actually ate something today for lunch. It sucks SO bad when they get sick but she seems to be on the mend thank the Lord!

Thank you all so much for your support and love. You have no idea how much it meant to me. HUGS

Last edited by cypressmama; February 22nd, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
February 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
{{hugs}}

February 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sending hugs your way.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
February 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel you hon. My mom is still on Life Support and they are doing a trachyotomy today for her breathing. It sucks when you are just helpless to everything. I'm here if you need to talk.
February 21st, 2013, 12:22 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Im so sorry you are going through all of this. Maybe you can take this time to make sure your dad knows how much you love him and appreciate everything he has done. Is there anyway he can get on a transplant list?

I know all to well what you are going through. My MIL had heart problems and went in for surgery. The whole 7 months after were hell. The night they were dont with surgery they told us she wouldnt make it, then she did and we got calls that she wouldnt make it through the weekend and so on. All I can say is God is in control. She lived 7 months longer than they thought she would. My son was only 3 months when she went in for surgery. She got to watch him grow till he was almost 10 months before she passed. And for that I will be forever grateful.

Let me shut up but just say that no one is in control except God. My son has heart defects. He has had two open heart surgeries, and is looking at his next within 6 months. After his second they told us his heart function is not good and it would take a miracle for it to go back to normal. Well he is facing his next surgery because his heart is back to normal. Sometimes doctors prepare us for the worst but they arent the ones making the final call.

If you ever need to talk please dont hesitate. I have dealt with more heart stuff in the last year than anyone should ever have to in their lifetime.
aelfwynn_78 and mirdeemrlvs like this.
February 21st, 2013, 12:29 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
(((hugs)))) Hoping your dd feels better soon, sick lil ones are no fun. Prayers for your dad.
#12 is on the way
February 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM
Mommy of 3
Oh no! What a lot to deal with altogether!
Hope your daughter starts feeling better very soon.

So sorry about your Dad. It just sucks

February 21st, 2013, 12:31 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry to hear you're having to go through all this right now. I hope your DD feels better soon and I will be praying for your Dad

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

February 21st, 2013, 12:41 PM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
Poor thing. I'll be praying for all of you!
February 21st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
((hugs)) My dad recently finished chemo/radiation therapy for throat cancer, so I get having a sick parent and how scary/sad it is. He got news that it seems to be gone so that is good....but things were really scary and I felt helpless seeing how sick he was.

Having a sick baby/kid is always so sad you just wish that you could take it all away some how. I hope things get better soon!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

February 21st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

February 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
February 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Hugs and prayers for you and your family, that is a lot to deal with at once.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

February 21st, 2013, 02:01 PM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
Hugs and prayers. I'm sorry you're going through this!

February 21st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Super Mommy
Hugs! I'm sending prayers your way. I'm sure you have, but have you called your dr again about your little one? Ds had gotten really sick throwing up and diarrhea and I tried to keep her fluids up but I just couldn't I finally took her in and they had to give him an Iv bc he was so dehydrated...

February 21st, 2013, 02:30 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you girls for the support. I know that God is so powerful and this girls be a really cool chance for His glory to be revealed. I do appreciate your prayers for him.

Dd seems to be doing a little better the vomiting has slowed and when dh gets home I will go to the laundry mat and wash all the blankets etc. there seems to be a nasty tummy bug going around..
I just needed to vent I can't begin to tell y'all how much you mean to me.

February 21st, 2013, 04:45 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGS and prayers. That is alot to deal with. I second that God is in control. My mom had a heart attack and triple by pass surgery. I cried so hard one day I thought I was just going to keel over and die from crying. I couldn't stop. IT was very hard on all of us. I prayed non stop for days. Support from others is so important when your going through something like that. This was 2001 and my mom is still ticking praise God. There's hope :-) I do think you should tell your dad how you feel though.

February 21st, 2013, 05:10 PM
Veteran
I'm sending lots of hugs and prayers your way... I'm so sorry you're going through so much. Glad to hear your little girl is feeling a little better though.
February 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs <3 I hope things get better <3

February 21st, 2013, 05:18 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
*hugs* I'm praying for your dad. I hope your little one feels better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search