* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 09:27 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I still have never been to disney.. disney anywhere.. I was so close to doing it in France but I already did Paris and decided to do Spain instead and then some European Amusement Parks. I still want to go sooo bad.. but was thinking of maybe when Elliot is 3 or 5 or something I will take him on a Disney Cruise instead.. I cant wait to be able to bring him to the zoo and different places for him to explore.

Today was laundry day.. I didnt feel like folding right away so I left the last of it in the dryer.. Its now back on the de-wrinkle part so I can go fold it. Also, it was the first day someone else noticed him moving around in my stomach just by looking. lol. My sister was next to me and saw my stomach jump. lol. Normally I will go to show my mom and he will stop.. Other than that, a relatively unexciting Saturday.

I am sooooo counting down for Grandpa to go so I can get to deep cleaning that room and letting it air out a week or so and then scrubbing the bathroom and feeling like a clean house!! He leaves dirty dishes back there and locks the door when he leaves the house so Im thinking I need to buy ant poison or something just to make sure Ive got no little visitors in that room when I move my stuff in and the bassinet set up in there ready for his arrival. I hate all this waiting!!

Do you use "nursing" clothes like camis, nightgowns, or dresses? or are low cut loose fitting things just as good for you if you have used them at all? I saw it on some "what to bring to the hospital" lists..

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 28th, 2013, 10:25 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Take him at 5! Seriously, he'll get WAY more out of it at 5 or 6 o 7 than ant 2 or 3 or 4. Other places are better when the are younger, if you want to take him somewhere.

Laundry is the pits--mostly folding and putting away. We use a wash and fold service now for our clothes, but do bed sheets, towels, etc at home and I'll wash the diapers here too, obviously. Speaking of laundry, did I mention I found out why my dryer is eating my clothes and how to fix it? Cost my husband $30 in parts, but I'll fix it when those parts get here. And husband fixed the toilet, yay! Now to just get the house clean so someone can come clean the fridge, and then get him to paint lol

You know, when he's gone it will be like a whole new house! We have the dogs outside and my husband quit smoking and the house smells so much better now! I hate waiting too, though! I get to do more shopping in a few days, though, so at least that's SOMETHING to keep me busy

Nursing tank tops are a great staple if the are long enough. I hate tank tops that don't cover my long torso enough!
April 28th, 2013, 12:09 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:02 PM.
April 28th, 2013, 01:39 PM
They wold still have fun at 3, I'm sure, but they are so limited what they can do at that age. A cruise might be different than the park, though. I know people who take their 3yo on a disney cruise with them (along with their 7 year old) and they all have fun, but they go EVERY year. If you are gonna go more than once, then I think it's fine to go at 3. If you might only go once every 10 years, I'd go when they are a little older. Either way, YOU should go somewhere and take a much needed vacation

It looks like I'll have (safely) about $600 for this shopping trip. I will probably buy (as far as major purchases go):
-Pack n Play
-Pack n Play Mattress
-baby swing
-Activity Gym
-and one or both of bouncer or rock and play. I can't pick between the two, but I probably really need to save money and only get one...
this: Sugar Plum
or this: My Little Snugabunny

then next time I will get a carseat and some other things. I have SO much to get still...

I have to put off the stroller, because the one I want is WAY out of my budget, and I barely use a stroller. But I also know if I don't get the right KIND of stroller, I'll NEVER use it. So, I'm starting to wonder if getting a stroller would be a waste for me either way. I want to say it won't be if I get the right one (because it's easier to walk with baby in a stroller, due to temperatures in florida, than in my baby carrier, BUT I already own several baby carriers and that could save me money. Grrr. I hate having a budget. Who doesn't Although, the stroller would really be the last "major" purchase. The rest is things like towels and healthcare kits and a little more clothes and some baby toys, etc.

I forget which brand makes the long torso nursing tanks, but there is one out there that is pretty good.

For the pillow, it won't hurt to bring one, but I don't remember if I did or if I needed one or not. That was 6 1/2 years ago the last time I had a hospital birth. I know I didn't need one in the birth center, but that's partly because they have a queen size bed there for you and a birthing tub so you don't really need anything.
April 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:02 PM.
April 28th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Going on a cruise every other year sounds awesome! I would love to do that. I've never been on a cruise!

The carseat I want has been out of stock and I just found out is discontinued. I can't find it anywhere and I'm SO bummed. I'll have to find an alternative.

I LOVE y birth center. There is no comparison to it and the "birth center" at our hospitals here (I have how misleading they are! not real birth centers AT ALL) but I've heard some people say their birth centers are different and one woman I know said her doctor even got her hospital to allow water births (but it was AFTER her birth, she had a good/bad experience. She got her vbac, but they drugged her because she wouldn't comply to get out of the tub and onto the bed--she couldn't, though, because she was in transition and the baby was COMING but they refused to deliver the baby int he tub or on the floor next to the tub and she couldn't make it to the bed) but now her doctor has that hospital allowing waterbirths so I think that is awesome.
April 28th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Going on a cruise every other year sounds awesome! I would love to do that. I've never been on a cruise!

The carseat I want has been out of stock and I just found out is discontinued. I can't find it anywhere and I'm SO bummed. I'll have to find an alternative.

I LOVE y birth center. There is no comparison to it and the "birth center" at our hospitals here (I have how misleading they are! not real birth centers AT ALL) but I've heard some people say their birth centers are different and one woman I know said her doctor even got her hospital to allow water births (but it was AFTER her birth, she had a good/bad experience. She got her vbac, but they drugged her because she wouldn't comply to get out of the tub and onto the bed--she couldn't, though, because she was in transition and the baby was COMING but they refused to deliver the baby int he tub or on the floor next to the tub and she couldn't make it to the bed) but now her doctor has that hospital allowing waterbirths so I think that is awesome.
April 28th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Update--Had to share with someone! lol

Husband deposited my check, so I got to do some shopping! and I found some deals, so I basically got ALL my "big" items except a stroller.

So I got:
CarSeat
Pack and Play
Swing
Rock N Play
Bouncer
Activity Gym
Activity Mirror
Stacker developmental toy
2 hooded towels
3 washcloths

So next month (Well, in June) I'll buy the Stroller and the rest of the small stuff (mattress for the pack and play, some pacifiers, a boppy pillow--please let me know if you find a pillow real cheap! I already ordered a cover...--a stuffed animal I've had my eye on for a while, some bottles to have on hand just in case, a nursery/safety/health kit, a stroller toy, a baby bath, and a "crib" toy. I also still have to get a camera, but we'll see...maybe I can even get that next month, too!

I feel such a sense of relief!!!
April 28th, 2013, 08:34 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
April 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I've ALWAYS wanted to go on a cruise, so I totally understand

Here is the car seat I went with...

Safety 1st Safety 1st Chart Air 65 Convertible Seat - Yardley | CC076BKQ - Baby - Baby Gear - Car Seats

Not my first choice, but I'll be happy with it I keep seeing really nice boy car seats it seems lol.

Yes, that little stuff for baby DOES add up! It's nice to have the big stuff out of the way, though

I am thinking I might still have some shopping to do in July, but we'll see. I'm HOPING to be done by June, though

I did more work on the collage for the girls room today. I'm just gonna do a little each day until it's done...it's harder than I imagined it would be, or perhaps more time consuming, not hard.

I'm off to bed now. Husband wants to sleep on the couch and I'm sitting on it (We are getting a new bed for the front room soon. He can't handle our shiki bed anymore...)
April 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
April 29th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Yes, for July I'm thinking it will be all "extras" like some toys and clothes I want to have on hand, but not that I necessarily need.

I don't think the girls room will win any contests or be extravagant or anything, but it will be a lot nicer than it was when I started

I feel bad, my kids have terrible mattresses. But they get ruined so fast so we have to get cheap ones we can afford to replace. I am thinking in the next year they will be able to get nice mattresses without messing them up. I really want to get the boys a nice bunk bed set but they don't take care of their furniture.

Imagine how uncomfortable you would be if you hadn't kept that bed! It's hard to get comfortable when pregnant, but think: it could be worse. Sounds like that mattress will return to being a dream once you have the baby.

Did you get any refund from the movers denting and scratching your bedroom set? I'd be so upset.

FYI, I slept well last night. This morning I got a call that my appointment was moved from Wednesday to tomorrow. So I have to try to eat a diet high in protein today and low in sugar and drink lots of water.
April 29th, 2013, 09:02 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
April 29th, 2013, 09:03 AM

April 29th, 2013, 12:20 PM

April 29th, 2013, 04:34 PM
That video cried and made me SO sad and you know what, that's just the reality of CPS. I love when they can save a child, but so often they DON'T and then interfere when they SHOULDN'T! It's such a mess!

What you are doing for your nursery sounds beautiful! I don't think you need to do a lot to decorate, it's just making what you do do, count. Nice curtains, bedroom stuff, and a wall decal will be awesome!

We could get a used bunk bed, but the problem is what if they break it and someone gets hurt? The problem is they DESTROY furniture, so I don't want to buy them something they can get hurt if they destroy it. We'll just have to wait until they are a little older. The existing mattresses can't be kept, though, not in the long run. One has a hole in it (my son cut a hole in it...) I saw a BEAUTIFUL crib on craiglist for FREE today, but we don't need a crib so we didn't call about it.

Yikes, it really sounds like you got SCREWED with the whole situation with the ex, in every way possible. I'm so sorry to hear that.

They just told me no carbs or sugar after 9pm and don't eat after 7am (appointment is at 9am), but to be safe I just avoided sugar and carbs all day today. And the high protein and lots of water is because I keep having protein in my urine at my visits. I really need to eat like this EVERY day...
April 29th, 2013, 05:06 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
April 29th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I agree. I just can't even imagine someone taking my kids away. That would be so unhealthy for them. I think it's great to cut corners on things like bedding. I got bedding with my first two kids, and honestly, you get sick of it and then want to buy new bedding. Easier to just buy a variety of blankets you like and save yourself the money.

With the destruction, well, mostly it's because my oldest was at one point low functioning autistic and really destructive, and my youngest picked up on behaviors from that. My oldest is actually fine now, 99% of the time. Every now and then he still has a destructive outburst. But my youngest now does it all the time, like when he gets a time out or nap time or bed time. We really give him every opportunity to avoid that, though.

I'm glad things are looking up for you now. It sounds like they are! You really are an amazing woman.

My midwife checks my urine at every visit. So did my previous midwives (ie; mini OBs). You are right though that the real important thing is that your baby is healthy. If you don't think your care team is missing anything and you trust them to make the best decisions during your birth, that is what is important. I do think a doula is a great idea for you, though, if you can swing it! They will be as hands off or hands on as you want, too--but it will be good to have someone to advocate for you and keep you informed if something comes up that you aren't prepared for and you want to make sure the hospital doesn't take advantage of you.

It has been overcast and a little rainy down here today. Not too bad. I am exhausted though and have to get up early. I'll probably go to bed early, too. It's a bad day for me to get anything done so I didn't even try. Mondays are always the most hectic, and I did get the laundry dropped off, mail dropped off, and did some work on the art for the girls' room. I still need a shower.
April 29th, 2013, 07:37 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
April 29th, 2013, 08:47 PM
I'm sure they will out grow it. My oldest mostly has.

I hate that you don't trust your pregnancy team completely, BUT it's really up to you to decide what you feel comfortable with. I changed doctors LATE in my pregnancy with my first and even LATER in my pregnancy with my last (I switched after 30 weeks when I was pregnant with my youngest) and both times it was welllll worth it. But if you feel comfortable enough where you are and don't want to switch, then obviously don't switch. I just hope you know it's not too late to switch if you want to. Even if your body does everything right, sometimes the medical team behind you won't, and that's where having a great medical team (or doula) (pr preferably both!) comes in handy.

I just have left for the girls room art 1 wall decal and the tree I need to cut out for the canvas. That could take me a week, though, who knows. I'm so tired and only still awake because I need to eat before midnight and have food ready to eat tomorrow at 7 am, so I am basically cooking now, then eating, then going to bed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search