* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 09:58 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
April 30th, 2013, 12:01 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can understand that <3 Most people I know who move are happier when they move, but if you aren't miserable I can understand not wanting to take the risk. It sounds like you feel like you are being heard now, and that is what is important.

What's on the menu for you today? I feel nausea still from that glucose test. All I want to do is eat eat eat. Me and my 9lb weight gain....
April 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
April 30th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I hope I feel better tomorrow. I don't mind sweets, but that was overkill. I hate not having food in the house, and I can relate to that (and for the same reason I can't understand how I gained 9lbs this month with a broken fridge!) I will probably have salad now and then pot roast and brussel sprouts for dinner later. I had a bowl of cereal also, not the healthiest choice, but I picked a healthy cereal (Newman's Own Sweet Enough). I need to start keeping a food log, I think. Maybe I should skip the salad and save it for lunch tomorrow. The problem of course is that with a broken fridge I don't want food to go bad!
April 30th, 2013, 02:39 PM

April 30th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I downloaded a free tracker for my meals and calories on my phone. I actually think I did pretty amazing today, and really I don't think I ate THAT much different than normal, which is why I can't understand the weight gain Oh, but for once no protein in my urine!

WOW on that kid. That is so sad about the video game. Makes you wonder if it was really about the game or if there is something else going on with that kid, emotionally or mentally or something. I don't blame you for not wanting to go back into sales/retail. What do you think you want to do after Elliot arrives?

Hope you get a nice nap in. I'm watching last night's episode of THE VOICE right now.
April 30th, 2013, 04:38 PM

April 30th, 2013, 05:14 PM
I seem to have gained a lot every visit except for between my first and second. BUT by a "lot" I mean 4-5 lbs. Not 9! So this month was alarming.

The Voice I watch every week, but I watch it online. I watch most shows already recorded because I hate clock-watching and worrying about missing shows I wanted to see. I don't really watch a lot of TV though.

I know a LOT of people who feel college is a waste. I want my kids to go, but at the same time, maybe they will find better opportunities before that. I went to college and do nothing with my education. My husband only has a GED and runs his own business, successfully. We aren't millionaires, but we are better off than anyone else in my family, college degree or not.

I am feeling better now, so, 8-10 hours to wear off? I guess I felt better by the time I finished dinner.

My little girl kicks me anytime I put my hand on my stomach LOL She also seems to kick when I'm hungry and right after I've eaten and anytime I lay down. She's been moving a LOT lately, sometimes I feel her at the top of my abdomen and bottom at the same time! But she's head down now (she was breech at my last ultrasound).
April 30th, 2013, 09:30 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
May 1st, 2013, 07:54 AM
Yeah, sounds basically what I just went through. So weird, right? I'm up 20 lbs now I am hoping to slow the gain down, too.

At least you can sleep off the glucose test. Let me know how it goes. They make you go first thing in the morning at my place, so I had to go at 9am... which is usually when I WAKE UP. So I had to get up at 7am yesterday and it sucked.

I only know baby is head down now because my midwife can tell by feeling my stomach and listening with the doppler. Otherwise, I'd have NO idea!

Writing is coming along! Not as fast as I want, but I got another chapter done last night (needs some touch ups before I'll really count it as done though). I didn't get any decorating done, though. I just don't have enough energy at the end of the day to do decorations AND writing. And another editing gig just came in, so I'll be busy with that again, but it's money, enough to buy the stroller actually
May 1st, 2013, 02:06 PM

May 1st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I'm SO not an early riser. But I also am unable to sleep in as late as some people seem to manage!

Yes, if baby isn't head down there are things they can do to fix that, including manually moving baby (works sometimes) but there's a lot of other gentler methods, too.

I will probably order my stroller this week, we'll see. I might still have to wait until next month if daughter wants to do dance this summer. I feel like I'm ALWAYS busy. I like it, but at the same time I wish I was "caught up".

I need to fix the dryer still but can't figure out how to take off the front panel.
May 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM

May 2nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
She wants to do "gymnastics dance" which they are offering at her gym this summer.

I have been trying to find the right video on youtube, believe it or not. It's hard because there are so many models of dryers out there. I need to know how to take the front panel off mine. The rest won't be a big deal.

A burger sounds yummy! I am off to not the best but not the worst start today, eating wise. I did have an oreo sundae last night and it was soooooo good. Not a healthy choice, obviously but since I'm eating healthier all around hopefully I'm still doing okay.

More pillows always helps, IMO, pregnant or not LOL
May 2nd, 2013, 12:41 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:09 PM.
May 2nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
Gymnastics dance is right up her alley, for sure, and something she could really benefit from with her gymnastics. The dance moves are always the hardest part of her routines for her. And I think it's normal to be excited of the things you will do with your kids even though you are also excited to enjoy whatever stage they are at right now

I WISH I could get someone else to fix it, but husband doesn't care about fixing it because it doesn't ruin our blanket, only our towels (no big deal to him) and our clothes get sent to wash and fold. Mostly I need it fixed for cloth diapering.

I wish pillows weren't so expensive. We have a few really nice ones, but the rest we own are junk Let me know if more pillows help you, if you try that. I think it could help.

27 weeks tomorrow... it's INSANE! Glad your funds finally came in and you can get food and take care of some issues. Our house REALLY needs to be cleaned... really, bad. It's terrible. I mean, it's picked up, no garbage, but it's time to vacuum and wash the floors, the bathroom needs done, the kitchen needs done, the front room needs done. The kids room is pretty good, just messy with toys since the last time they cleaned.

Your grandfather sounds like quite the character...
May 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
May 2nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
I've found it's better to just splurge on the best pillows. Not sure how much the last pillows we bought cost (I think over $20 each), but we have had them over a year and they are still STUFFED and haven't gone flat. I think they were worth paying for. I wish we had four of them instead of 2.

That's really a shame about your grandpa. You know, you think that most people by time they are that old they just ... mellow out or something? But some people I guess stay crappy for life. Good that he will be gone and hopefully you never/almost never have to see him after he moves out. Less than two weeks to go! I cannot imagine how gross that must have been, either, with the urine and vomit and ugh...what is he, 12? So disgusting. Here's to a good 3rd trimester without him! I can understand your need to vent, too. I feel that way about some people...

And yeah, I was gonna post about the stuff here, too, but I saw you saw it there LOL I am SO excited to have this stuff coming in. I'm gonna get that contours stroller, in red and black I think.
May 2nd, 2013, 06:44 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
May 2nd, 2013, 07:03 PM
When you think about it, it's crazy how much pillows cost. Are you excited to a do a little shopping tomorrow? Do you have a color scheme picked out? I LOVE shopping

I know, it seems to fast, yet like we still have time. I feel good about it. I will feel better once I have everything. I've never felt less in a rush to have a baby lol.

Thuds by the ribs, I would GUESS feet, but I guess there's really no way to know for sure? My baby gets "pushy" sometimes, too.

When is your glucose test again? Soon, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search