* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2013, 07:22 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
May 3rd, 2013, 06:31 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well then that is the PITS. I hate spending money on things I don't want to but need to But hopefully you find some cute things at great deals so you can get excited about the difference it will make in the room.

Are you going to Target? They have cute things at reasonable prices. Your bed set sounds beautiful. Air fresheners are a great idea, too. My daughter has this one in her room that is a nightlight air freshener and it smells SO good and works so well. It's the only room in our house that has a "smell" (a good smell lol)

I can't wait to see Elliot's room. I LOVE nautical themes!

You'll have to update me after your glucose test and let me know how it goes.

Heartburn is terrible. I've gotten it a few times this pregnancy.

I understand how you feel about wanting to have everything done and wanting your body back! It's really hard to grasp the limits sometimes. I feel like I should do things that when I think about it, I obviously can't do.

SMORES sounds AWESOME!!! You could light a match lol and set the marshmallow on fire. Boom

We're having biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast
May 3rd, 2013, 08:39 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:15 PM.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:39 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:15 PM.
May 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
I always find great quality products at Target for cheap. Maybe I'm lucky. I never have luck with Burlington, Marshalls, or Ross, but mostly because I can't find things I like or in my size because those store *near me* are a MESS. But, I've been to those stores up by mom and they are great, like you can get designer stuff for cheap (sometimes it's overstocks, sometimes it's seconds) and it's great. I'd probably go to those stores more if they weren't such a disaster where I live.

Smores for breakfast, yum! I love toasted marshmallow, too. But I'm lazy so usually I just catch them on fire then blow out right away, and that seems to work without burning, but not as gooey as roasting slowly, so yeah, I can understand wanting them that way

I've never had homemade waffles, but I would LOVE to. A waffle maker is just something I haven't yet been able to bring myself to buy.

It sounds like Elliot has a personality all ready

LOL about the birthday thing. I'm sure he'll come on his own day! I can't believe we are 27 weeks!!! What tattoo do you have on your foot? I have 3 tattoos, one on each shoulder and one at the bottom of my spine.
May 3rd, 2013, 07:06 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:16 PM.
May 3rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Scary about the meth addicts Here, the worst place to go is probably walmart. I like Walmart places but I'll shop there online instead of in person. I'm glad you were able to get some things you needed today!

I'm going to have to put that waffle maker on my wish list lol I REALLY want a full sized food processor. I bet I can find one at a thrift shop or something if only I could get out and look around.

YAY that he is packing! That must make you feel SO great! Only about a week left now

I prefer the warm weather but I admit I've been so hot lately and our air conditioner doesn't work great.

Emma has a competition this weekend (Sunday) O.o !!! Looking forward to that. Other than that, no plans. Right now I'm working on a chapter I wrote the other night so I can wrap it up and move on the next night I have the time and energy.
May 3rd, 2013, 09:07 PM

May 4th, 2013, 05:49 AM
It must be a location thing LOL Here, it's like, kinda scary to go into Walmart. Also, the service is horrible. I pretty much avoid there more than any other place. AND it's out of the way. So why do I go there? Because my kids pediatrician keeps giving us gift cards for Walmart lol.

I don't use a food processor often, but mostly because I don't have one. For example, I LOVE homemade pesto.
But you really need a good sized food processor to make it. There are some things I just don't make because I don't have one.

Yes, daughter has 2 more competitions. The one this Sunday, which is at her gym, and then we have the State Championships in a couple weeks, too.

You should definitely talk to your doctor about that. I don't have the heart problem, but I lose my breath really easy sometimes. Like I get up to go to the bathroom at night and when I lay down again I'm sooo out of breath. I would probably call my midwife though for anything heart-related.

My house is still a mess by the way and my dryer still isn't fixed :/
May 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM

May 4th, 2013, 01:27 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:17 PM.
May 4th, 2013, 07:19 PM
I think I have a good experience at Walmart like . . . 1/20 times? And by good I mean the worst that happens is I can't find everything I'm looking for and only have to wait in line for 20 minutes. That's on a good day

I LOVE homemade pesto. It's incomparable to the jarred stuff. I also don't have a lot of room in my kitchen, so like you, I have to be picky what appliances I go for...

Chai tea latte, hm? I've had one before, but never made one. How are they to make?

I can understand about your hesitation to call your doctor. My midwives are great about things and I STILL only call them as a last resort. I hate to feel like I am bugging them. They do give good advice when I do call, though, but that's been I think once this pregnancy?

I sleep okay. I get joint pain while sleeping though and need to roll over often.

My kids help clean every day, but what we need to do most my husband and I really need to do. I found out how to get the front of the dryer off, but I need the tool to do it. tomorrow is a bad day for that, but maybe I can get other things done before my daughter's competition. As for when my husband will do the wall, well, I'm just not counting on it anytime soon. I did get the other wall decal up! So I just have to finish the canvas and then basically I need my husband to do the paint stuff and the room will be done

I had one of those chair back massagers before, but mostly it just vibrated and that made me itchy (weird, I know) and the ones that actually massage are too expensive for me. I think you can get massage, though, but if you do you have to let the person know you are pregnant because there are certain pressure points they need to avoid so it doesn't induce labor.
May 4th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I LOVE grocery shopping. And the food you bought sounds AMAZING! I saw this thing on facebook lately where basically you mix angel food cake and any other cake you want and then refrigerate. Then you spoon out a single serving and cook in the microwave in a mug or something as needed to make single serving cakes as you feel like having them. I'm probably messing up what you are supposed to do. Ignore me.

Steak is awesome! Enjoy! I DO get that excited over food, though. I am dangerous in a grocery store these days. I go in with a list and get twice as much (and that is WITH using some self restraint) because everything looks so good!
May 4th, 2013, 07:53 PM

May 5th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Competition Day! haha. We are going at 3 EST

Your tea sounds SO yummy! Hmm! Maybe I should try that

It's a shame that they don't have decent back massagers for cheap now. The one my husband got me years ago was like $200 and still crap, though (well, for what I needed)

I love the fruit oatmeal! I like peach and cream or strawberries and cream.

Yes, I will load video from the competition tonight

I don't feel overwhelmed by pregnancy. sometimes by my kids, but mostly by work I feel overwhelmed. And yes, I feel TIRED a LOT!
May 5th, 2013, 12:11 PM

May 5th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Competition went okay. My daughter did great, don't get me wrong, but she was SO distracted that it's a shame because she really could have done SO much better. Oh well. She's 6. It's bound to happen. (Videos in the hideaway!)

We used to have one of those coffee makers that foams the milk with steam. Yes, nice and thick and yummy.

I like the peach and strawberry tied and won't eat the blueberry or banana almost ever. HA.

My daughter's ballet is terrible LOL As for instruments, I don't know. I know that my friend's daughter (about 6 years old) takes piano lessons, though. At least I think so. Maybe only her older sister does.

good for you starting the vaccine research! You'll figure out what's best for your son. I understand about the pressure being on to get these things done now that we're later in the pregnancy. It's why I did the wall decal the other day. And good thing, too. It nearly killed me. Not sure I could've done it a month from now!

That is scary for your friend. There have been some studies that show that vaccines are linked to SIDS. I've seen all kinds of reactions to vaccines. It is scary... but, doesn't necessarily mean it's the vaccine. And if it is, they probably won't admit it. It would be wise for her to really keep track of how her son reactions to vaccines next time, though, and if there's another bad reaction, it might be time for her to reconsider her current vaccine schedule. Some kids can vax on schedule no problem, but you know, I just think some kids need them spaced out or shouldn't get them at all.

Think of it this way. Name ANY prescription medication that is great for EVERYONE. That WORKS for EVERYONE and has no side effects for anyone. Can you think of any? I can't. And it's because everyone's body is different and responds to outside agents differently. And that's what gets me about vaccines. How did they invent THAT many vaccines and ALL of them are "one size fit all". Like we are really supposed to think that ALL 2 month olds are EXACTLY the same and will have the EXACT same reaction to man-made medicine? Just seems SO unlikely.

Going one by one is your best bet. If you get stuck on any, let me know. I'll help you find the harder to find data on whatever you are looking for at the time.
May 5th, 2013, 08:35 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:18 PM.
May 6th, 2013, 07:01 AM
I think that's a GREAT idea. Piano sounds like a great place to start. And something that they can practice at home pretty easily, too, with a keyboard.

I understand how you feel about all this, hon. I can't tell you if you should vax or not. Everyone's experience will be different. But if you need to talk anything out, I'll listen. If you decide not to vaccinate, I'll talk to you about vaccine "alternatives" (IE: things you can do to keep their immune system as strong as possible). Many unvaccinated children who use vaccine alternatives have show in early studies to be LESS likely to catch a disease during an outbreak. But it also helps to really understand what a disease is, how it affects and otherwise healthy child, and how that disease can be treated.

I started out believing in vaccines 100% and I wish I had been like you and researched. I hadn't started researching until my child had a reaction--which not every child has! But it happened to me and led me to research, and when I did I FULLY intended for my kids to get all or most of their vaccines eventually. But like you, the more I looked into things, the more I shied away from vaccines.

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to believe in vaccines? Speaking for myself personally, I think when I first started out as a mom I was all too eager to believe in vaccines. It's just what you "do". They saved us from disease! How could someone not want to do that? they are perfectly safe. Me and my siblings got them and we turned out fine. Yada yada yada.

Plus, I think on a subconscious level, there's was almost a need for me to believe in them, which I could keep until I started researching.Like if you believe in vaccines 100% and believe they are SUPER effective and 100% safe, then they are like this magic protection for your baby. Who doesn't want to believe that? I mean heck, I STILL want to believe that, because that would be SO awesome! And some people do the same research I do and still feel that way, and I think that's great, too. We all deserve peace of mind. Some of us will find it, some of us never will, but ultimately we have to see what we can live with.
May 6th, 2013, 09:39 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:18 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search