* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 11:57 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
May 11th, 2013, 06:56 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks. Maybe we can pick up the pack and play today I would love that. And to fix the dryer. And for it to hopefully really be fixed

WHY won't your parents talk to your sister? (Do you know?) Sounds like there's a story there... If she only has weekends, well look, it's the weekend! So why is she waiting??? I mean, if it were me, and would be doing everything for my sister in that situation. I'd move as soon as I could and if I couldn't I'd at least get out of the way and if I couldn't do that then once I moved I would be helping her set up the nursery.

Yes, isn't the swing HUGE? I was surprised by how big it was.

I'm looking forward to this busy summer

I just have to set up the pack n play, but then once I order more things I'll have to set those things up, too. Like the stroller. That's the only other big item I NEED right NOW but there are other big items I want to buy BEFORE baby gets here...
May 11th, 2013, 12:01 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
May 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Yeah, but that's not going to be any different 3 weeks from now than it is now, right? Or is she waiting for her semester to end or something? Because her moving now WOULD make a difference to you.

Is she your older sister or younger sister? Why do your parents treat her like a princess? And really, she's a grown woman. She can make her own meals and clean up after herself. I'm not saying it's easy or that it's not nice to have family help you out when you can, but she sounds like she really thinks she is ENTITLED for everyone to do everything for her.

Pack and play is settled! Dryer soon, I hope... Good luck getting the crib up I'm also pushing the limits on my clothes and not sure what to wear from here forward...
May 11th, 2013, 03:14 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 10:33 PM.
May 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Honestly, she reminds me of my brother in law. Everyone pays his way, does everything for him, he does nothing for anyone else, and if it were up to me I'd have given him a hard dose of reality a long time ago... The sad thing is I don't think people like that EVER get a clue what life is like, not until much, much later, and then it's too late. Like my BIL . . . he's 25 now. Still not a **** clue, I assure you.

Okay, can I just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the stuff you chose! That is the CUTEST bouncer seat EVER! And I love that little jumper station thing. Which one is that? You have excellent taste, my friend. Excellent taste :)
May 11th, 2013, 05:44 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 10:34 PM.
May 12th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Your sister sounds like a royal pain to deal with. It's a shame your parents (and anyone else for that matter) feeds into that an enables her. In the end, it's going to hurt her the most. Like my brother in law. I think, eventually these people who enable you won't be around to enable you anymore . . . then what? It's harder to learn those life lessons later in life, when you have more to lose, than to learn those lessons young, like your sister's age, when you can still have some support in learning to be self-sufficient.

The rocker that turns into a toddler rocking chair is a PERFECT idea. My older kids never really liked bouncers, but I still got one this time because every baby is different and because the swing won't fit in the bathroom LOL

The jumper seat really is SO cute! Great choice

Is your doctor gonna call you about the glucose test results or does no news mean good news? My husband bought something for the baby today. It's a great mother's day gift, even though he already bought me a mother's day gift months ago LOL But I'm glad because I couldn't afford a new carrier and my mom threw my MAIN carrier away. Yes, I have other ones I got free for shipping and cheap, but I needed my MAIN one, the one I know works for me all the time, ya know? So glad he got me that
May 12th, 2013, 02:44 PM

May 12th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I'm so glad I got it, too. Especially because my husband bought my mother's day gift ages ago, so I didn't expect that. Of course, now he probably won't buy my new bra and body wash from VS I wanted... we'll see...

You might not have son here yet, but you are a mom already. You are already taking care of your son by taking care of your body and providing him the things he needs and making decisions and choices for his future. THAT is what being a mother is all about. (Though I do agree with you about pets . . . it's not the same, IMO).

YAY for your mom switching to e-cigarettes!! You must be really happy that she is being so considerate of your son.

No surprises with the kids. We had a nice dinner of chinese food, and the biggest surprise there was that apparently my oldest child LOVES tofu. O.o
May 12th, 2013, 05:43 PM

May 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Got some writing done tonight Hope to do more tonight, too. Mondays are my crazy busy day. Dryer still isn't done, and not counting on finding time for that today, especially since we also need to go to the post office and grocery shopping. Speaking of groceries, I actually LOST a pound. Weird. I always eat before I get hungry again and eat until I'm full (sometimes more) so I guess this eating healthier is working . . . so far.

I think that's awesome your mom is switching and I totally see why you splurged to get her the starter kit

We were surprised about the tofu. I want to find some good recipes for it, not to eat all the time but ya know, maybe once a week or every other week a dish with tofu would be good. I wish I still had my old recipes, because tofu is SUPER hit or miss, IMO. It can be some of the best food ever, or it can taste like plain gelatin coated in something else.

I understand why you are picky about chinese. I love chinese food but I get sick of it easily, and I only ever get certain dishes, usually.

I love VS. Everything from there fits me great. Yeah, it's a bit pricier, and I only buy things when they are on sale (with the exception for a few bras), but I don't think they are overpriced. Fairly priced. You get what you pay for with them, maybe even more, ya know? It's worth it to me to spend more on their underwear (I ONLY wear VS underwear) because I can find cheaper deals but they won't get worn.

hopefully your sister will start moving things in 2 weeks. I think you will feel SO great once your room and baby's room is done. It would kill me to have to wait on people like that (ha, well, I guess I sorta do, right, because I've been waiting on my husband for so many things!)

Know what's cool? My husband's cousin's best friend's friend is selling one of her beco carriers . . . and it happens to be one very similar to the print my mom gave away. She's buying it for me (since she's their friend they are selling it to her for $20). I just have to buy a replacement buckly ($4 or $5 with free shipping). SO basically I'll have TWO awesome carriers now!

Interesting your grandpa wants to stay in Montana! But hey, whatever he likes, as long as he gives you some **** space. Does sound like, in some ways, the situation we were in with my grandfather shortly before he died. He got kicked out of my parents house (not so long story, but I'll spare you the details) and my aunt took him in and moved him into a trailer.
May 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 10:35 PM.
May 13th, 2013, 05:43 PM
I was vegan for YEARS. In that time, I had THREE tofu dishes I liked. That's it. And only when made by certain people in certain ways. Then recently I had tofu egg rolls my husband' s friend made that were awesome. It seems more often than not, tofu sucks.

YI hope your 3 hour glucose test goes better That is SUCH a bummer.

You know, I think society makes us feel like we have to care about every single person who dies. But I think that's a bit ridiculous. It's sad, sure, but ya know, some people die because it's their time or because they didn't take care of themselves and if we cried over every person who died we'd never have the time to be happy. It's okay, IMO, to not care abotu every single death on the planet.

I'm so glad you are feeling Elliot move more again! The movements do change later in pregnancy to more pushing type movements than kicking
May 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM

May 14th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I swear I must be the only person who doesn't think the glucose test isn't so bad. I don't like the blood work part, or feeling crummy afterward, but otherwise, it wasn't a big deal. The visit to the clinic sounds horrible, though. But I've never had a three hour, so sounds like that's a lot worse Hopefully you pass this one! A baked potato sounds so yummy, too!

My tuesday is going well. Except I just realized my daughter's ballet recital is on a day we will be away on vacation. I don't know what to do. We can't go another time. They are gonna be pissed she's skipping the recital. Plus talk about a waste on the costume! And now I have to return the tickets I JUST picked up today. Ugh. Just such a pain. I might need to talk to my husband about changing things around...
May 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM

May 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM
The three hour sounds terrible I couldn't imagine sitting there that whole time! they really need to come up with a better way to handle that test. I also worry about veins collapsing, which is why I avoid IVs at all costs (it's one of many reasons I don't want a hospital birth.)

My daughter doesn't like ballet anymore, no. We are having her finish it though to finish her commitments, which is also why I think she really needs to do the show, because they have to rewrite the dance if she doesn't do it, and that would only given the 2 classes to practice the new dance. My husband is going to try to shift our vacation days back by one day instead. Hopefully he can.

For vacation we are just going to visit family in Georgia. My mom should be visiting at the same time, so we'll surprise her by being there.

Tonight is terrible. I've had like 5 contractions in the last hour, but not painful, so I'm not too concerned. I'm gonna drink more water and see if that helps.
May 15th, 2013, 09:08 PM

May 16th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Yep, ballet is almost over. We're dealing with the pain of setting dentist appointments right now. it's SO hard to find a good dentist, and we made appointments for the kids but the only appointments they had were really just not at a great time. But we already switched dentists once and there aren't a lot of options and Emma likes this dentist. He does have pamphlets in his office about Allah, though, which I thought was weird, and gives out "God bless you" trophies and stuff after he does a filling.

Contractions . . . when they don't hurt, it's your uterus is making a fist, if that makes sense. I had a ton last night and a couple this morning but I feel better now. I just need to start keeping an eye on it, maybe timing them next time.

YIKES on the doctor. I hope the new one is much better! Let me know how that goes. I totally relate to just wanting to "paperwork" part done with. It's the worst part of being a parent, IMO. It's STRESSFUL having to worry about all these mandatory appointments and arranging things and etc etc. Like with the dentist. Honestly, I would only go once a year because it's SUCH a hassle but my daughter has bad teeth so we try to take her more frequently and she already has another cavity. She takes SUPER good care of her teeth, and I feel bad, it's so unfair to her to keep getting cavities when she takes better care of her teeth than anyone else in the house.

I'm still not ready for baby, yet. I feel like I don't have enough time until she gets here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search