* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
May 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM

May 18th, 2013, 03:05 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually replied to you the other day (my usual lengthy response) and then it didn't post and I was too tired to retype LOL and today I have been cleaning like a mad woman! Tomorrow is daughter's state championships and then mondays are always busy. When I reply here, though, I like to give myself time

I feel bad for my daughter because she has my husband's terrible teeth. She takes better care of her teeth than anyone in our house, brushes after EVERY meal, and is constantly getting cavities She hated the dentist until we found this new one, which is why we stick there even though he's a hassle.

Did you call that new doctor yet? I hope it's a better fit! I do want to debunk some of the scare tactics about vaccinating your kids, though. Of course, it varies state to state, but most states have a religious exemption (that's what we use) so you don't need a doctor to sign off on that. Medical exemptions are harder to get and philosophical exemptions are rare in most states.

Now, if there is a break out, yes, your child has to stay home from school, BUT that's a good thing. Personally, even if I vaxxed I'd keep my kid home from school if there was an outbreak because tons of vaccinated kids catch things during outbreaks. It won't count against their attendance to pass a grade, either. I can see how being out of work during that time or needing a sitter could be a pain, but on the other hand, the same will happen if your child has a vaccine reaction or catches the disease while being in school during the outbreak (even if they are vaccinated they can catch it), or if your child ends up with bad allergies (common in vaccinated children) or a breathing disorder or neurological disorder. I mean, personally, I would take my chances of them missing school during outbreaks than the other things, which would be a problem more often.

I would be really concerned if they made vaccines mandatory, though. It's crazy (to me) to think they could force anyone to inject substances into their body against their will.

Time IS running out and it's scary! But I'm getting my house in order and only have a few things I need to order, so it's not so bad. I STILL haven't fixed the dryer and honestly I want to see if I can do that right now because it feels like it will never get done. I'm also feeling too big to be useful. Like you, I get out of breath really easy. It's really hard to bend down to pick things up, too,and my back pain has been crippling at times (I have an injury as it is, so the pregnancy weight doesn't help.) Though, speaking of weight, no gain since my last appointment so far!

So, we rearranged our vacation days but had to switch hotels, but got a REALLY great price because my cousin works at this particular hotel so we got it for like $45 a night or something crazy inexpensive like that.

And I'm getting tons of writing done, too. This draft is 2/3's done. But yikes, the pressure is on to finish before the baby gets here. I'm really feeling overwhelmed with everything I have left to do!
May 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM

May 18th, 2013, 10:15 PM
I'm so glad you like the new office! Perfect! And that's a great price on the circumcision. Yes, it's hard to get it done, but if it's something you want to do, I (obviously) understand.

The religious exemption is pretty easy to get because the bible actually has TONS of scripture against vaccination. IF you have to go that route, I can dig up the scriptures for you. You can highlight those passages (and use those highlighter tabs) so you can find them quickly when go in and tell them those things. I thought I would have to "prove" it though and I was all prepared and I got there and really, it was just paperwork. They didn't grill me or question me about my beliefs like I thought they would.

They won't get held back if you have a doctors note. The problem is people keep their kids out of school and don't call or get doctors notes. Excused absences are different from unexcused absences. One time my son was going to be out a long time for a mental health hospital stay and he missed 2 weeks. I called the school to let them know. Anyway, later on we get this note from the superintendent saying they were bringing us up for charges on truancy! Anyway, all it took was a phone call and a doctors note to turn those unexcused absences to excused absences. I swear he must had missed 3 months of school (combined, not all at once) that year but they were still going to move him forward (even when really they shouldn't have based on grades that had nothing to with absences) anyway, my point is, don't stress out, because as you face these things you will start realizing that things don't work the way we think they do.

Yes, I got the dryer done! and it's really truly fixed (or so it seemed before I turned it on...we'll know for sure soon!). I can't believe it. AND I cleaned my whole house. Just has to scrub the bathroom and my husband has to finish the dishes, but we organized every cabinet and shelf and drawer and basket, too! Man, I'm nesting big time. If only I could get him to paint... and I need to finish the wall decal.

Oh, we also got a new bed/mattress today and set up the front room like a bedroom for me and my husband! AND last night we ordered the kids new clothes! Now if I could just win the lottery and have the money I need to buy these last few things I need for baby, the kids, and the house...

I can't wait to see the room you set up!! I hear you on feeling sore, though. My back and feet are KILLING me! I waddle like a duck myself as it is. It's hard to get around, partly due to size but mostly due to pain. but that's also why I wanted to get a lot done now...because a month or two from now I am not sure I'll be able to do anything.

Anyway, I won't be writing tonight. It's already 1am and we have to get up at 7am for our big day, so it's time for me to hit the sack. Tomorrow and monday I'll get nothing done, but tuesday should be another productive day I hope (in the world of writing and preparing for baby).

Did I mention we've been walking 2 miles every day? Well, not today cuz we had to clean and not tomorrow because tomorrow is crazy busy and probably not monday either, but then we'll get back to it

Last edited by alittlelost; May 18th, 2013 at 10:18 PM.
May 19th, 2013, 09:14 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
May 20th, 2013, 07:34 PM
The dryer is really and truly fixed! I can't believe it!!!

The nursery looks AMAZING! I love everything about it!!! I can't wait until the girls' room is 100% done. SO CLOSE.

I'm a huge organizer person. I love baskets and organizing things or at least having them organized it nice lol. Once I have everything for the baby I will start prepping the diapers, too A few diapers haven't come in yet (4AIOs, 10 prefolds, and one cover. Once those are in, I can prep the diapers!)

I can't believe we are almost 30 weeks! I have a midwife appointment this thursday. I got 3 maternity shirts and a maternity skirt the other day so I am feeling much "cuter" when I want to get dressed up. I never owned maternity clothes before but these particular outfits fit me really well. The skirt I would use after pregnancy, too.

Keep me updated on your 3 hour test! They should call you either way since you are gonna be worrying about that now that you have to do the 3 hour.

yes, the "we" in the walks in me, my husband, ad the kids. we drive to a nice park, go for a long walk, then let them play at the playground

I'm sorry the pollen has been so bad for you That sounds terrible. I can't believe we only have like 10 weeks left. It's just not enough time for me! I'm NOT ready! Time to get my butt in gear and get ready, I guess, at least as much as I can afford to. In 2 weeks I should have the money to make some more baby purchases, so I look forward to that. I think tonight I'll work on the canvas pieces for the girls room
May 21st, 2013, 09:40 AM

May 21st, 2013, 10:00 AM
I'm thrilled about the dryer!

Girls room: Husband needs to paint.

Cloth diapers are easy to prep. Basically just washing them, same as you do with clothes before they wear them.

I've never been able to find maternity clothes that fit nice before, so this is a relief! I hope no news means good news on your 3 hour! Will you call to ask them if you don't hear back soon?

I know, less than 10 weeks most likely. Don't remind me!
May 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM

May 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
He'll keep putting the paint job off until the last minute, I'm sure. Which totally sucks. I'll have to nag him to get it done. I hate nagging, but really, it's his own fault! Once that is done though I will take a picture of the room. My appointment is on Thursday, too!

I have my next appointment on Thursday so if I dont hear from them on the test I will just wait it out and ask on Thursday. My appointment is at 3pm, though.. so kind of later in the day. At 2pm (EST). I hope you can get another ultrasound since you are looking forward to that! I wish I could get another 3D one but I still can't justify spending the money on that right now.

Heartburn for me comes and goes, but it's not my biggest problem by any means. What you eat should help, and also maybe laying down propped up when you lay down? I wish I knew a good solution, but when I get heartburn, nothing helps.

Here is our next few weeks:
Today, Emma has gymnastics, Friday she has Jiu Jitsu and gymnastics. Monday gymnastics, Tuesday Ballet, Wednesday gymnastics. Friday Dress Rehearsal for Ballet, Saturday Ballet Recital, then leave for Georgia to visit family. Hope to be back by the 5th but if not Emma will miss 1 gymnastics practice.

A year really can change a lot, you are right. The BBQ sounds fun and they sound like a neat group of people to spend time with!

Guess what else? We got pet mice the other day. My husband got them as a surprise for the kid. So far, so good with having them. In other news, the police came by our house today to harass us about our dogs being in kennels (which is completely legal, they are VERY Well cared for and don't bark so they aren't a disturbance). Just such a pain.

My to-do list before baby gets here:
-get husband to paint wall red and fix white trim
-paint shelves in that room white also
-husband to hang the awards rack for my daughter's gymnastics medals
-waiting to receive 4 aios, 10 prefolds, and 1 diaper cover, then prep cloth diaper stash
-pay for daughter's uptraining classes for gymnastics for the summer
-pay for daughter's gymnastics dance
-buy the stroller
-buy a pack and play mattress
-buy dryer rack
-possibly buy a few more baby carriers
-finish editing a co-written project I'm working on
-finish writing the draft for my book 2
-buy a little more clothes for baby
-buy a little more toys for baby
-buy other odds and ends I still need for baby

It just seems like so much, especially the parts that cost money
May 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
May 23rd, 2013, 03:53 PM
You are probably at your appointment as I write this. I hope it's going well. I missed mine. I thought it was at 3 or 3:30, but it was at 2. Oops. So, it's rescheduled now for Tuesday at 1pm.

The pet mice have been a lot of fun so far! Really easy to take care of. Our black and white one is super friendly and already lets you hold her. The other one is skiddish still.

No, my list isn't too bad, it just adds up quickly I'm almost considering not getting a stroller, but I know I'll get frustrated on those rare occasions that I need one and don't have one on hand.

I love your most recent baby finds!! The going home outfit is SO precious! You have to let me know what you think of your childbirth classes

My day was feeling so productive until I missed my appointment. Trying to make up for that tonight I guess.
May 23rd, 2013, 08:52 PM

May 24th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Last night was productive and so was today! Today we received all the kids new clothes, which I am about to mark and organize (I have to put their initial on the tags or the boys mix up clothes and then my oldest wears clothes that are way too small and my youngest wears clothes that are way to big). They love the clothes they received! We also went for our usual walk--my feet are killing me! And we did a grocery shopping run. New recipes we'll be trying this week: Egg and Black Bean Burritos . . . and . . . . Egg and Avocado Salad Wraps. (It's nice to be able to stomach eating eggs again lol) Oh, I also went through all my internet browser bookmarks and organized everything lol.

SO glad you passed your 3 hour and that the growth spurt thing was only a growth spurt! It must have been nice to see Elliot on the ultrasound again! I hope you are feeling in a better mood today, too.

I know I can afford to get the stroller but it's more having to not get other things so I can get it, when I know I won't use the stroller THAT much. I need another source of income LOL. I usually to sell 10-30 copies of my book a day and now I am only selling 1-3 copies, so you can imagine how rough of a change that is financially, since that was my baby money.
May 24th, 2013, 09:48 PM

May 25th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah, my oldest is almost 8 and my youngest is almost 5. I think they mix up clothes because most of my youngest's clothes are hand me downs. Also, my oldest just needed bigger clothes as it was. I try to tell them to check the tag, but that doesn't always help.

Your breakfast sounds great! I'm excited about the wraps. I'll let you know how they turn out. So, I gained 4 lbs in the last week, though. I don't understand it. In 3 weeks, I only gained 1 lb, then I gain 4 more in 1 week. It's so strange I keep ending up over where I should be for my gestation. I'm eating as healthy as possible, walking everyday... what gives?

It sounds like your little boy is growing good and in a good position in there, so that's awesome!

I doubt my husband will buy anything else for the baby, but I did get him to give me $50 in exchange for a back rub last night HAHA.
May 26th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Busy weekend? Have anything special planned?
May 27th, 2013, 07:32 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
May 27th, 2013, 07:51 AM
No need to be sorry! I figured you were busy this weekend, and was going to really start pestering you tomorrow if I still haven't heard from you lol. The BBQ sounds AMAZING. I love food <3

I used to get REALLY bad leg spasms when I was pregnant with my first and had a few when pregnant with my second. What helped the most was making sure I ate bananas (potassium). (Sounds like I'm preaching to the choir... lol)

Soooo how was your class????

Yeah, I know the babies are growing fast right now, but it just seems to excessive. 4 lbs in a week! and last month, 9 lbs in a month. There's no way that's from the baby hitting a growth spurt. My belly isn't even really growing anymore lately, but if the baby is hitting that many growth spurts so close together and so much weight, then I'm scared How big does your baby feel to you right now? I can feel her ALL the way down in my hip bones but also allll the way up in my ribs, AT THE SAME TIME. Maybe she's stretching when she does that.

My husband is always home. (Hence my annoyance at him when he doesn't get things done lol) We both work from home. We'll have a "normal day" which means we'll go to the park for a long walk. I need to focus on drinking more water.

So glad the heart burn medicine has been working!

Your hospital sounds REALLY nice. Did you ask them what a "water birth" is by their standards? Most hospitals that means labor in the water but not birth in them. My friend tried that and ended up having a bad experience because the baby needed to COME and they wouldn't let her push until she got out of the tub but she was in transition. Then when you go from tub to land, the pain gets worse, so she got out but couldn't make it to the bed, but again, they wouldn't let her push. They medicated her against her will and dragged her to the bed. Otherwise, though, she had a great labor and birth and said if they had just let her push the baby out when she needed to everything would have been fine. she says that hospital now DOES allow true water births (birthing IN the water) so apparently some hospitals do allow that (awesome!) but you'll want to know for sure how your hospital define water births, because they can make it sound like one thing if you don't ask them straight up, and it's better to know what to expect. But if any hospital is gonna allow a true water birth, it might be the one you are going to, because that hospital sounds AMAZING!!!! Do you even want a water birth? Do you have to request the room up front or anything?

I am the opposite of you. I am so sad June is here. Where did June go? I NEED MORE TIME. How about you give me your last two months, jump straight to 40 weeks and have the baby, and I'll go back to 5 1/2 months pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search