* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 08:13 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
May 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those classes often are boring. I hope you at least got some tips for managing labor out of it! The hospital sounds really great. I wish there was a hospital like that in my area that I could use in case of emergency. The ones I use are definitely better than most in this country, but they don't offer much of a full package. It's good to have the waterbirth option open to you if you need it. My water birth was amazing and I'll do it again this time. It's the best comfort, IMO, for labor, and once you are in the water you don't want to get out!

Will you have your mom with you for the birth? I think it's normal once you are prepared to be ready to be done. I'd be ready to be done if I had everything for baby already LOL Meeting baby is so exciting, after all! This will be our last baby, yeah. Sounds like your little boy is growing fast, too!

Other than the weight and swelling, I'm good. My midwives have been awesome. Their advice is always so helpful! I can't believe I'm on 2 week appointments now!
May 28th, 2013, 05:06 PM

May 30th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Good morning! Today I'm dying my hair a fun color. I'll have to show you pics when it's done I've been productive-ish lately. At least with my writing and editing!

Still to do for baby, aside from buying things:
Paint the room (If I could just get husband to BUY the pain, heck, I'll do it myself at this point!)
Prep the cloth diapers

It's really only buying things that stress me out.

Still to do before baby arrives:
Finish the draft of book 2.
Finish editing this co-written project I've been working on.

Those two things I feel strongly will be done in time

We have a busy few days coming up, so if I'm not around, that's why. Tomorrow is dress rehearsal for daughter's ballet. Saturday is her recital. After her recital, we leave for Georgia to visit family. We'll be back the 5th. We have to clean the house and do laundry before we leave . . . most of that will be done today and tomorrow I guess. The 10th of June my daughter starts her intense summer schedule LOL

That stinks the class wasn't helpful. I don't think you should be scared. I'll never lie about how much parts of it hurt, but I think that for me I never felt early labor because I wasn't scared. So, MOST of labor pains can be avoided. Some people manage to avoid them all LOL But it's a special day and you should be more excited than scared. Don't let anyone scare you! Have plans for dealing with pain but don't stress thinking you can't handle it, because you can! And it sounds like you know that.

I think it's a good idea for your sister NOT to be there. From what I've heard, she'd find a way to make it all about her.

My girl has been nice to my internal organs, yes. Not always so nice to my bladder, though... I mean, really not so bad, but every now and then I get a tiny uncomfortable pop down low.

Yes, the alfalfa helps (so keep that in mind if you need it!) last night, before my bed, my swelling was almost entirely gone in my feet! It was back this morning, but hey, can't complain. It's not as bad as it was. I still worry about it getting worse by the end of pregnancy, but we'll see.

Yeah, pregnancy is uncomfortable. I wish I was more excited about baby coming though. I think I will be once I have everything in order. I can't believe how close we are, especially when I consider that my kids were all born at 35-37 weeks. Which is what, 4-6 weeks from now?

I've never used the stuffed animal nets. Let me know what you decide. I feel like my nursery isn't as fancy as others because we don't have the formal changing table and the big beautiful crib, etc, but I really have to be practical.
May 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM

May 31st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Here's my hair...

I feel slightly less stressed! We'll see what this month's money covers I am glad I will have what I need, but it will still bother me if there are things I would like to have that I can't get BEFORE baby because I know my income is drying up and then I might never be able to get those things for baby.

So, the swelling was bad last night again. I think I need to take the alfalfa even when I'm not swelling, to prevent it. I'm going to take 3 in the morning and 3 at night.

Daughter just hula hooped for 9 minutes straight. I am constantly amazed by her.

Sounds like your son is really high up in there! I can still feel my ribs, but it's getting harder for me to breathe, too. I have to catch my breath at night sometimes, too, even just rolling over in bed, so I can totally relate.

I'm sure you'll have him in July! We probably both will have ours in July. I can't believe how close we are! It seems so close with each passing week. Time is going by way too fast (for me...probably too slow for you!)

Your food sounds great! I'm on a veggie kick! I had cucumber and tomato with lettuce and spinach and some provolone on whole wheat bun the other day and now I'm craving having it all the time. I want to make some bean tacos soon but haven't found a recipe that sounds good yet. Might make up my own.

Diet is going well overall, though We ordered breakfast today and the first place we called wouldn't sell me a greek salad wrap. They have wraps and they have greek salads but they refused to put the salad in a wrap for me. So, I hung up and ordered elsewhere. They probably thing I'm a beetch...
May 31st, 2013, 06:24 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:42 PM.
June 6th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Back from vacation!

Thanks for the compliment on the hair. I like it

The alfalfa isn't too expensive, thankfully. But the swelling is still a pain. Now that I am back from vacation I will be trying the dietary changes! The swelling is still insane and I get headaches sometimes but I'm not seeing spots every day anymore and my blood pressure is still fine. I have an appointment Tuesday again. It's crazy going so often to the midwife!

I get a lot of braxton hicks after I do too much also. Have you been okay since then?

I can't believe it's June already. I can't believe we're about 32 weeks pregnant! I can't believe that in the past I had my babies anywhere from 3-5 weeks from now! TOO SOON! My body probably needs this baby out but I'm not ready just yet. I need to buy some things for the birth too. Some oils I want to get and a sport's bra because my bikini tops are all too small now. I'm sure you will have everything you need soon!

Baby girl has been SO active the last day or two. I wonder if she switched positions and what position she is in now. You might want to know this: My midwife told me the best time to tell them not to vaccinate the baby for hep b, etc, (if you chose not to get those) is right when they take the baby away to put the baby on the warmer (like when they are checking weight and stuff). You can tell your mom to also help you make sure, I would think? Is she gonna be there for the actual birth?

That sandwich YOU just wrote about sounds RIGHT up my alley. I want it! haha!!! Usually places let me special order things and we used to order from all the time but not anymore! don't piss off a pregnant lady with a food craving! HAHA. I'll have to update you on my vacation when I'm not so beat! How have you been? What's new on your end?
June 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM

June 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
The trip was GREAT! The last day there was kind of stressful though.

My baby went through a phase of barely moving before getting super active, so you never know when Elliot might start moving around like crazy again.

My weight gain is out of control, too, so who knows what's going on with that. I seem to be gaining like 5 lbs every week or two right now. (5 lbs a week for the last 3 weeks now) and I just don't understand it

Sounds like all your bases are covered with the vaccine issue at the hospital, plus with it being such a pro-natural hospital they likely won't give you any trouble

My next appointment is Tuesday! What about you?
June 7th, 2013, 01:59 PM

June 8th, 2013, 01:24 PM
I could complain about everything right now It's so hot. Our air conditioner is broken. i'm tired, maybe from being so hot. My face is swollen. My husband still hasn't done the dishes and yet he's out kayaking for the last 3 hours. Geesh.
My kids all have hand foot and mouth disease. And then the usual: the wall still isn't painted, the house is a mess, our fridge is still broken (and our dishwasher--and did I mention my dryer is "off track" again so it's not fixed after all?), my book sales have crashed, and my husband hasn't put my check in the bank so I'm still broke and I really wanted to order the stroller and some baby things! I hate waiting! And shopping for baby items would at least cheer me up. Sorry for the long vent...

I'm glad to hear you found a way to get Elliot moving! That's awesome! Yeah, cereal is so yummy and easy but not at all good for you! I have some sometimes, though, but I try to keep it healthy. I have been eating hard boiled eggs lately. I couldn't eat eggs most of my pregnancy but now I can again!

Have you had any braxton hicks contractions? Sounds like you might be having them. (Which is fine, they are harmless). Hey, you know, in the 34th week you can start taking the evening primrose oil orally, then vaginally at 36 weeks. It might help prepare your cervix for birth, which will speed things up when the time comes. Any questions about it just let me know.

The midwife you saw the other day sounds AMAZING! I love her already too haha. Maybe you will be lucky and she will be the one to deliver for you. Did you take her food suggestions? Vegan foods probably are perfect for you!

Oh, my daughter's ballet recital was before vacation! I haven't uploaded the video or pictures yet lol. Hopefully I remember to do that soon or it might never get done. I'm so behind on everything thanks to vacation . . . though I was behind before vacation, too, who am I kidding?
June 8th, 2013, 03:35 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:43 PM.
June 8th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Thank you for understanding my need to vent! I feel better now, though I still wish those things were done. Now I'm just stressing about my daughter's HFMD. My youngest's went away so far, but hers seems to be getting worse and hers is, unfortunately, itchy. What a HUGE waste of money if she misses camp next week, but looks like that might be what happens...

You have a good attitude about birth and I think you will do well. The real issue is that people just simply don't even TRY. I would say "to each their own" but I guess I just can't understand putting your baby through the side effects of an epidural or increasing your odds of c-section (which is dangerous to mom and baby) without even TRYING. I mean, who knows, maybe it will be a fast and relatively easy labor? But some people get the epi before their contractions even start HAHA.

Sounds like you are really eating well. I wish eating well was enough to help me. I can't believe I have already gained 35 lbs (and remember, I started 20 lbs over my usual weight). So, I already have 55 lbs to lose after this baby--I've never had to lose that much weight in my life!--AND I have at least 5 weeks left (I'm hoping) and lately I'm gaining about 5 lbs a week... It makes my head spin just thinking about it

Braxton hicks are really interesting to experience, aren't they? Drinking lots of water is great. I have a feeling you will have Elliot a little early, too. Definitely in July.

Evening Primrose Oil, you want like 500-1000mg softgels. Take 1000mg a day orally from 34-36 weeks. From 36 weeks onward, you take 1500-2000mg orally AND put one to melt by your cervix before bed each night. It does NOT put you into labor, but it DOES prepare your cervix to respond to contractions easier/faster.

As for vegan diet, I don't think you need to go on one, but you probably can find some vegan recipes you would like to include with your non-vegan diet, ya know? There are some good recipes out there! As for your ex--yeah, being skinny isn't everything. My friend was very skinny (VERY) and had a heart attack at age 19 because of the way he eats. I think sometimes it's a curse having a high metabolism because there's nothing visibly telling you you are eating bad, so you keep eating bad and then you hurt your body, even if you stay skinny.

I hope your yard sale went well today! I spent most of the day with my feet up, trying to survive the heat (a cold wash cloth on my head does seem to help!). Ice sounds nice, but we have no freezer right now I'm on my way to see THE PURGE in a couple minutes. SO excited. I've been waiting for this one
June 9th, 2013, 10:03 AM

June 14th, 2013, 10:54 AM

June 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Hey! I'm back. I spent the other night ordering more baby items for Isabel. Won't have everything, but will have everything she needs right away, so that's fine. I just need to get my husband to paint that wall

Your baby may come earlier than you think with the contractions you have been having lately. Just not too early. I wish I was well enough to go to the post office, I could send you my evening primrose oil because I have a new unopened bottle that I obviously won't need.

Our fridge is fixed now and our air conditioning will be fixed thursday or friday (thursday, I hope). My days lately revolve around resting and making milk for the baby. I get some pain in my stomach lately and I'm so hungry all the time that overall I just feel crummy still.

You should look into organic sun screen options since they are finding that sunscreen actually causes cancer more than the sun does and the sun has healthy benefits that sunscreen blocks (vitamin d). Of course, all things in moderation. If you have to be in the sun ALL day it makes sense to use sunscreen, but just to be careful which kind.

By the way, The Purge was good, but only good. It wasn't great. It just didn't live up to my expectations. But I don't regret having seen it. Would have been fine watching that one at home though.
June 19th, 2013, 11:46 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.
June 22nd, 2013, 08:22 AM
I have been trying to focus on the positive. Sometimes it's hard, but overall I think I have handled it well. Maybe because I'm just so busy. Even pumping feelings like a full time job sometimes, but my supply is doing REALLY well, especially compared to how much Isabel eats.

AC was fixed today, for about 3 hours, now it's broken again I just want some freaking cold air!!!

Did you always have sleep apnea, or did you just get it with pregnancy? I had pregnancy induced sleep apnea that resolved itself within a couple days of giving birth. I know what a pain it is and I'm sorry you are dealing with that

I got my big mac! which was . . . small? Did they shrink the big mac? I still haven't gotten my taco. And I'm finally starting not to feel STARVING all the time! And last night I actually slept without having to get up 6 times to pee!

I don't think you'll go past your due date. i know many first time moms do, but with your braxton hicks and everything, I think he'll be a fast baker and be here before you know it.

I hate when a movie is great and then has a stupid ending.

My boys still haven't been to see Isabel. Not sure when we will take them. I don't think they are as interested in seeing her...

I am still trying to get my husband to paint. And I found clothes I want to buy for myself for cheap, but apparently I can't shop online at this store, so that does me no good since I don't think the store is anywhere near me nor do I want to go shopping in a store right now.

Do you have anything left to do to get ready for baby?
June 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search