* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 05:53 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you see the deal posted in the shopping forum? you can get a month supply of diapers and family essentials (including body wash!) for $5.95 (shipping cost only) to sample (just be sure to unsubscribe when the products come in until baby comes). anyway, I'm trying it, because the body wash looks GREAT and the diapers actually come out cheaper per diaper and wipes set than pampers, plus they are WAY cuter!! It's by honest company. Anyway, the body wash is supposed to smell like Vanilla Tangerine. Right up my alley!!!

Pampers are great. I think you'll like them! If they don't work, huggies should. But I am positive you will like their wipes the best of the two

That bassinet is SO SO cute! What an AWESOME deal, too! You will love having a bassinet, IMO. It's really great for those early months. I used one with my first baby and my third (though we also co slept, but sometimes my boys liked to lay down on their own), and it was GREAT. What kind of breast pump did you end up getting?
February 24th, 2013, 06:23 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
February 24th, 2013, 06:45 PM
That's a perfect idea! At the very least, I know I'll use the body wash, so long as it lives up to what I am expecting from it! I'd be happy if all I found out of it was a good body wash lol.

Great choice on the breast pump, too. I loved my Medela when I pumped, but any double electric pump is going to be awesome IMO.

As for co-sleeping, if you do end up doing it now and then, don't worry--you will be sleep-conscious, as I call it, and won't roll over on baby. It's actually pretty amazing how our natural instincts kick in in that sense! I just don't want you to worry if you end up falling asleep with baby in bed one night. Some moms don't plan on it and then panic and feel guilty, but it will be fine

That said, bassinets rock. We plan to do a combination of both, but we'll use the bassinet built in to the pack and play we are getting

When the time comes, if you end up needing any help with breastfeeding or anything, let me know. Or pumping! Or anything you think I can help with! I'm so excited for you!! When is your next appointment?
February 24th, 2013, 06:54 PM
lol. no prob.. I may need advice with those things.. My next appointment is my 20 week ultrasound on March 12th.. I'll be 19 weeks 4 days. It is the appointment with tons of measurements and seeing how well the baby is progressing. They will also confirm the gender.. but pretty sure that one isn't changing. When is your appointment?? I cant wait for everyone to hit 20 weeks to know all the genders but we are very early on in the month so we will be waiting a whole month after we hit 20.

February 24th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I'm dying to find out everyone else's genders, too!

I have an appt at 3/5/13 for my anatomy "20 week scan" (Obviously that is before 20 weeks. They said they want to do it a little early because I have had preemies in the past, but that doesn't make much sense to me since the earlier I've ever gone into labor was 28 weeks and had the baby at 35). They will confirm gender there, and baby BETTER NOT change gender!!! Then I have a midwife appointment 3/7/13.

I have to admit, part of me STILL keeps hoping they are gonna find that other twin one of these days, but I've had to many U/S now, they would have seen something already I'm sure.

I feel like it's all sneaking up on me and going by so fast! One thing I wish was that I was getting more exercise. I should try again, to see if I can do it without getting cramps, but I'm worried about that. But I'm starting out 20 lbs heavier than usual and REALLY don't want to gain too much weight this pregnancy...

Are you able to get any exercise? Anything working on you? I feel like I've already gained too much for how far along I am.
February 24th, 2013, 08:17 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:07 AM.
February 25th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Bleeding during pregnancy is always terrifying I've had threatened miscarriages with ALL my pregnancies (half of them have been actual miscarriages). I don't know why that is, though.

Why do you think your back hurts? Just from pregnancy? I have a back injury from a car accident and it can get pretty baby during pregnancy. I literally am doing NOTHING for exercise right now, and I hope to change that.

You probably lost weight all over, but your belly is growing from baby, so that's why things don't fit. the weight isn't all over, it's isolated to pregnancy-related areas (boobs and stomach lol). I wish I was down 7 lbs right now HAHA.

As for exercise, I usually do videos since I can do them in the home, or I do things WITH the kids that are exercise (walks, dancing around to music, playing with them outside). Sometimes I want to go for a walk by myself, then I have my husband stay with the kids. Or if DH and I go to the gym together, then we have someone babysit. It is harder than when I didn't have kids to exercise, though!

I do wish we had a treadmill or a tread-climber or something.

Do you think you'll have a baby shower? I want to have one, more for the experience than for gifts, but I don't have anyone to invite. My two closest friends don't like each other (maybe because one is my brother in law's girlfriend and one is his ex lol)
February 25th, 2013, 08:42 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:07 AM.
February 25th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I have had that in the past, too. It's terrible. With my first 2 kids I had to sleep curled up in a ball face down to get the weight off my back.

As for the treadmill, we don't really have room for one, but maybe one day . . . I walk around the neighborhood sometimes but I've had weirdos try to walk with me and that made me not want to walk around.

I don't think I would even have 30 people if I had one LOL Not even 10! Oh well.

Hope work is going okay. It sucks working a job you don't like because you need the money. Maybe you can quit by your third trimester and relax before the baby comes.

Do you ever get out, go to a movie or anything? We're going to a movie tonight.
February 25th, 2013, 06:29 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.
February 26th, 2013, 05:44 AM
I typed up a big response, and JM ate it

For the baby shower, you could always do a diaper shower, where people just bring you diapers and wipes. it's nice to have the cake and company and play the games!

I hope you can quit soon. I can't imagine being in pain and having a physically demanding job. I had sciatic nerve pain with my last pregnancy and have it again this time. Just hoping it doesn't get as bad this time as it was with my first daughter.

What is Safe Haven about? We saw the new Die Hard last night. It was good! We went to the regular movie because the drive in we usually go to wasn't playing it. Here we also have a movie theater where the seats recline with footrest, they give you a pillow and blanket, and they serve you food and drinks right at a table that is at your chairs. It's really nice. I've only been once but want to go again. The food was great too.

I need to read and see The Host. Never tried the MI series, but if they are horribly written I don't think I could deal with that lol. I can't wait to see Beautiful Creatures (also based on a book).

I'm trying to think of what to do today. I need to go to the post office and daughter has ballet this afternoon, and I have editing to do, but the weather has been so nice I just want to get out and do something!
February 26th, 2013, 07:11 PM

February 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I saw the trailer for Safe Haven last night when we went to see Warm Bodies! Yeah, it does look good! I want to see it now, too. And when I saw the preview, I thought of you LOL

I have a new favorite TV show now, too. CULT.

My daughter has been in ballet for a few months, but in gymnastics for 2 years. Boys can do gymnastics, too. It's a lot of fun and even if they switch to another sport, like you said the gymnastics is still a good activity early on to teach them things they can use in other sports

I am finally caught up on editing work I had to do, so I'm thinking tonight I need to get back to writing the second book in my series. I'm really moving way to slow and need to step it up. I was supposed to be done with the draft by March 1st. Instead I'm only 1/3 done.
February 27th, 2013, 08:20 PM

February 28th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Warm Bodies was good. Not great, but good. It's a funny and sweet and "neat" movie, but it was also kinda slow. I haven't heard of Modern Family. What's that about? We are fans of Dexter and True Blood. We watch 1600 Penn, Cult, Big Bang Theory, NCIS, Bones, Family Guy, American Dad, The Americans, and Supernatural.

I don't know how you work so much. I am on my feet for just an hour or two and I'm in pain. Your new job sounds like terrible pay! I agree, not worth the extra $10 Sounds like you and your family get along pretty well, though. I don't think I could live with my parents (mostly because of my mom). Love her, but just couldn't live with her.

What baby store are you shopping at? Do you have any baby thrift stores near you?
February 28th, 2013, 09:27 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:09 AM.
February 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah, we used to watch a series at a time, too. Sometimes I prefer that. We don't watch any shows consistently because we are so busy, but we TiVo everything and then we have options when we have down time. Plus our shows seasons run at different times.

That stinks about the pay. I mean, it's not the WORST but really, I got paid that much or more when I was 16 ($11 an hour was my worst job and $14 an hour was my best job). Again, as a teen. Makes you wonder what the heck they are doing with the way they pay people these days.

Sounds rough with your family O.o At least your parents pretty much stay out of our way, but I wouldn't want to deal with your grandpa either. I hope things look up for you soon and you can get your own place!

I'm a HUGE Amazon shopper! LOL I think I'll get most of the baby stuff at babies r us though. Sounds like you are pretty much "set" already, with only a gre things left to get. Must feel nice! I got my royalties for last month, but I can't really spend any of it. Boo. I am waiting on that dang advance still. I can spend my next royalty check though (some of it) at least.

No crazy food cravings, but still having "tummy issues" Next week I have a few appointments. The 5th I go to my midwife and the 7th is my anatomy scan!

Are you in maternity clothes yet?
February 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM
aww.. tummy issues stink.. I never got bad morning sickness.. just lack of desire to eat anything.. I am still there a little.. but with cravings here and there.. I am sooo glad I got a lot of it out of the way. I am pretty much set on clothes to 9 months now.. maybe just some socks and will need shoes and jackets..

I have been wearing yoga pants on my days off and maternity pants at work since my work pants wont fit anymore.. Shirts I am still good on for now.. the tighter ones definitely show the bump, though.. How about you?? Maternity clothes yet? Do you still have maternity clothes from last pregnancy?

February 28th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I was like that with my first. I had some weird cravings though. I got some great used baby clothes from a friend, so all I am buying clothes wise are just those super cute finds I can't pass up.

I am LIVING in black yoga pants lately. I don't have maternity clothes left over from before, and never really wore them. I've just been doing the black pants with a shirt. I have a few maternity-like shirts but they aren't really maternity. IDK why but maternity clothes fit me weird. Maybe they make them better now.

I take it your work knows you are pregnant?
February 28th, 2013, 08:14 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search