* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 06:19 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, that was always my problem with maternity pants! Either the crotch sagged or the pants flooded, it seemed to be made for people with absolutely no butt . . . nothing ever fit right. In fact, I even have a trouble with most regular people jeans. There's 2 cuts of 1 brand of jeans that I can wear when not pregnant, and that's it.

Yeah, shopping for boys can be a bit easier, but you'd be surprised how much I managed to spend even on my boys LOL I LOVE baby shopping <3

Glad your job knows and ha adjusted your duties accordingly! It must be really hard to go from such a great job to where you are at now I hope when you return to working after the baby you can find your ideal job <3

I have a hard time finding time to write NOW. I hope to have book 2 finished by then (yeah right at the rate I'm going) so that I can take a couple months to just relax and enjoy the baby before getting back to writing.

right now I feel like I just can't catch up. I can't seem to keep the house clean. I can't seem to keep a decent flow of money going (so much to buy still, and I told my husband I'd buy all the baby stuff since he bought the new car and new furniture for us to make room for the baby). I'm WAY behind on my writing and just need to get it done, but it seems every night I end up doing something else/forgetting. Tonight I need to MAKE it happen.

I really want to get everything organized in the house and get rid of a lot of things, but I need help (or at least some company while I do it). I hate doing through everything by myself. Oh, and our fridge is broken LOL Yeah, we're a mess right now.

Where will your LO go when you go back to work? Stay with your mom, or daycare?
March 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:11 AM.
March 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM
We'll see. I have to clean still I hope to have the dishes done by 7:45, then get daughter from gymnastics, then get her to bed and write from 9 to 10 or 11.

If you are paying for your mom, I would think she wouldn't mind so much? I personally hope when my kids grow up if they aren't stay at home parents that I can babysit for them LOL but I can understand the social aspect. Of course, parks and activities can be great for that, too, if it comes down to it.

Our house is already crazy LOL I don't know what we'll do once the baby gets here. I want to start doing some quiet/meditation time with the kids each day, even if it's only for 15 minutes, where we just listen to some quiet music and relax.

Pizza does sound great!!! But we're having steak and probably my special veggie mix or green beans. I can't imagine being lactose intolerant, but my son was (along with gluten intolerant) and I think I might actually be a little sensitive to milk. Here we have a pizza place called pizza fusion that has pizza with soy cheese and gluten free option.

Pizza Fusion - Menu

Is there one near you?
March 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:11 AM.
March 3rd, 2013, 06:03 AM
We'll see if I can even remember to make the time for meditation. I feel like there is always so much going on! I did buy a couple cloth diapers yesterday

Too bad about pizza fusion, but I hear you about not wanting to pay all that for a bite of pizza You could probably make your own, but I know that's not always ideal. sometimes I get a hankering for homemade pizza though.

I didn't get writing done. I wasted time surfing the web... but I finally, for real this time, settled on my cloth diapering system, so as soon as I get paid I can buy stuff.

You aren't a bad DDC member. We all participate as we can. You an excellent DDB, I'll tell you that! LOL

Yay for finally looking pregnant! 18 weeks is much better for me than the first trimester and the early second trimester was. I can't believe I'm halfway done (well, for me, mine always come early). I feel so unprepared still. I NEED to get paid.
March 3rd, 2013, 06:39 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:12 AM.
March 4th, 2013, 05:40 AM
I used to be the same way. Not sure why I started craving homemade pizza over the last year. Maybe because the pizza in Florida is SO TERRIBLE. You are so lucky to have traveled so much. Prague is somewhere I always wanted to visit--and now I know they make great pizza?! Drats. We had good pizza where I grew up but here it's just terrible. The place in Prague and the view? AMAZING! Man, I really want to go.

Yes, babies ARE expensive. I always forget how the little stuff adds up! I love thrift shops. There's one in walking distance to me that I need to check out. No writing. I just decided I need to do it during the day, because I'm so tired at night with pregnancy, so my husband is going to take over the kids in full (instead of just helping out LOL) for 2 hours a day while I write. Maybe on the days I don't write daytime I will write at night, but this way I get two opportunities. Like today we will be busy from noon to 6pm. And tomorrow I have a midwife appt and then daughter has ballet. It's a busy week, but I NEED to make time. I hate procrastinating, yet I keep doing it

Got my "Honest Company" stuff by the way! Amazing! The "healing balm" is fantastic. Been using it for my chapped lips (works great!) and on my daughter's nose/upper lip (she has a cold and it was getting raw from blowing her nose so much). It gives her immediate relief and has, indeed, been healing the area from being so chapped. The shampoo/body wash smells AMAZING! Laundry soap--we will see! I just tried it so we'll see how the clothes come out of the wash, but I'm pretty sure it's unscented (I like scented, but unscented is probably better for skin, so CLEAN is most important). Diapers are super cute and soft, too.
March 4th, 2013, 07:39 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:12 AM.
March 5th, 2013, 06:34 AM
It does stink about the pizza! We have GREAT pizza where I grew up. You could pick almost any pizza place and it would be good.

Yeah, now I'm sick and so is DH so still no writing done. But as soon as I get better. This is a legitimate excuse But really, I feel TERRIBLE right now. Didn't sleep well from a sore throat

To cancel the subscription, you just have to call. I haven't called yet because I do want a pack of the newborn diapers to have on hand and I want some bathing products. After that order comes in, I'll cancel my subscription until the baby comes. They DO have some cute boy prints!

My day went great other than being so sick. My kids are all sick too, and husband. I'm trying to take care of everyone and myself. Been eating a lot of garlic, drinking emergen-c, and drinking decaf tea with honey, and then just eating honey plain for instant (though short lived) relief.

Do you have any special things you let yourself indulge in? I try to stay away from caffeine, but I do drink iced tea mixed with lemonade sometimes.
March 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:13 AM.
March 6th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Caffeine CAN help with headaches, so I'm not surprised. I tend to stay away from it as much as possible early in pregnancy, but will have it every now and then after that. And yes, caffeine sure "wakes up" the intestines too lol

Beef! Ha! I craved that with my first, too. I sometimes get cravings that I don't end up wanting to eat, too, though. I'm sure you'll love your dinner. It sounds DELICIOUS!

Are you excited about your scan? It's so cute to see them <3 They spent almost an hour on my scan. They couldn't get all the measurements... I have to go back in 2 weeks for another one O.o Honestly, now I'm starting to get worried about how many scans I've had... Maybe I'm being silly. Like, that I need ANOTHER one worries me for some reason but needing the last one didn't. I guess I just expected that to be the last one, now I feel like I'm going to be monitored forever!

I'm starting to feel better today. Maybe I'll be "better" by tomorrow. Being drinking emergen-c twice a day. I have a midwife appt tomorrow and I want to ask her more about my results. Or maybe I'll call the perinatologist today if I can find my dang phone!

Find anything special you want for your baby boy yet?
March 6th, 2013, 08:28 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:14 AM.
March 7th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Ugh. My post got eaten by JM again lol

I'm 90% better. Have a midwife appt today.

I also am not a huge fan of carrots. I can eat them in small amounts in like, say, pot pie stuffing or chicken soup.

I'm excited for your scan too! Heck, I love my scans, even if I'm worried about having more I'll still be excited to see baby again! I really want to do a 3d later in the pregnancy, but now I'm not sure that's a great idea. I need to think about it.

I hope you can get out of work soon. I understand needing to get what you need for baby. I'd do the same in your situation. But it sucks that you are in pain A back rub and pedicure sounds AMAZING!

Are you doing anything to prepare for your natural childbirth?
March 7th, 2013, 08:31 AM

March 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks! I go about once a month. it feels like more, though! i also (for now) see a perinatologist. So I have 2 appts a month so far, but usually they are within a week of each other.

I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor or midwife about your pain. Is there anything you job can do so you are still working but not so much physical? It's really exciting to meet baby for the first time. I can't wait til we all see our little ones first hand!

You are lucky that you have family to give you advice and feedback on going natural. For preparation, I guess there are books you can read. Some people recommend the Bradley classes, but I never took them. I did Hypnobabies and thought that was great! There are things you will want to do to prepare, though, like exercises before you go into labor, and things you will want to know about laboring positions and natural ways to decrease pain, etc. I wouldn't hurt to look into it more. There's a natural childbirth board on here, too. Oh, and when you feel like you absolutely NEED an epidural (if you do) take solace in knowing that means you are ALMOST THERE and will have the baby SOON. It's called transition. It's the hardest but fastest stage of labor.

I'm of course happy to answer any questions you can, but I don't want to overload you with information all at once, either. there's a reason people have written books about it LOL

Who will be with you in the delivery room?
March 8th, 2013, 09:34 PM

March 9th, 2013, 06:53 AM
I think that's great. And you are right. It's natural and our bodies know what to do. I planned a NCB with all my kids, but unfortunately for me I couldn't keep it together in the end with 2 of them. Hospitals are so pushy with the epidural and when it's the worst pain of your life (which for me is ONLY transition, so I know I have it lucky) I caved. But with my youngest it was in the birth center so there was nothing to cave to I would want a doula if I had another hospital birth, I think.

How are you eating? No, not normal to feel horrible and lightheaded. Sorry your midwife wasn't any help Mine are always really helpful, but I had "nurse midwives" in my first two pregnancies and they were more like mini OBs and not nearly as helpful.

I wish there was something else you could do to make money right now I do a lot from home (editing work, blogging, etc). Fiverr is a great way to make some money. But it's hard to make consistent money like you do with a regular job. Maybe like you said you can get assistance while not working. You could always have that baby shower to get the rest of what you need, too!

I did get some writing done Go me, right? My daughter has competition tomorrow early in the morning so I probably won't write again until Sunday night, but I'm glad I got some done! Maybe I can do 2 scenes at a time at night and then do the time consuming fleshing out during the day. I usually try to do it all at once but then i get less actual writing done. The writing is the part I can't be interrupted for, so I could do the other parts during the day. I REALLY need to finish this. Readers keep asking me when the next book will be out.

My husband will be there and maybe a friend, but we'll see. I need someone who is going to be my support while in labor. Not sure my husband is capable of that. He sorta just sits there and holds my hand the whole time. I am going to write up some notes.

Do you have any plans for the weekend?
March 10th, 2013, 11:02 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:15 AM.
March 10th, 2013, 12:39 PM
By time I got the epi with my kids, I was in transition, so I never had to go the bathroom while on the epi. It wore off by the time I was done pushing. I had other problems with the epi though I'm sure you will do great! keep a support team nearby to take care of "hospital politics" so you can focus on the labor and birth The IV will be harder. If you don't want one, try to get your refusal form in advance.

Do you know if your midwife will be with you during the labor, or only for the birth. You should ask so you know, if you don't know already. I remember being surprised that my midwife was there for all of 10 minutes to "catch" the baby. I thought she'd be there longer, but it was my first, so I didn't know. With my birth center birth they were there the whole time, but pretty hands off, which was nice.

I want the next book done by the time the baby gets here, but man, the pressure it on. I promised my readers it would be out in 2013, though. I want to take a break when the baby comes for maybe 3 months. We'll see how it goes.

Daughter's competition was great! Loading a video now and I will post it in Neverland once it's up (EDIT -- it's there now!)

We do a lot of outdoor time, too. At least 1 hour in the morning and then they are basically outside all day when they aren't doing school work. You know what's weird about kids, though? They can be SO well behaved at home or even in multiple settings, but OFF THE WALLS in other settings. So then the parents don't know what to do because usually they don't face those problems. It will take them longer to find a solution because they aren't in that situation as often. Alternately, you have kids like ours, who are off the walls at home (only when we have company) but when we go out, THAT'S when they are perfect angels and we get complimented on how well-behaved they are (meanwhile, we're thinking, "if only you really knew..." LOL)

Yeah, my husband does TRY to be supportive, he just doesn't know what to do, Maybe this time he will since I'll spell it out for him haha. If your mom wants to be there and you want her there, tell her you need to hold her hand while you push. Hold it tight and she'll never get to peak talk to your midwife in advance. You should be able to push in other positions as long as you don't get the epi.

Yay for the reduced hours! I would get annoyed with people arguing with me about things they don't know, too. It's one thing to ask questions, another to argue when you don't know! It must feel good to have an end in sight with that job. Just 6 more weeks!

you never write too much this weekend has been good. No new purchases can be made until next month or until I get my **** advance. I'm so tired of waiting. I already have that money spent in my head LOL I haven't decided on the coming home outfit for sure yet! I love Carter's clothing Old Navy is really nice for cheap boys clothes, too, if you haven't looked there yet? By time they are toddlers I shop there a LOT and they have GREAT clearance sales!

What did you have in mind for the coming home outfit?
March 12th, 2013, 03:45 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search