* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 07:35 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are better than me! I hate IVs! They hurt my arm (I have tiny veins) they take forever for the people to get in right, and then I'm all hooked up to that IV cart thingee and can't more around. I rather drink water The real reason they give an IV isn't hydration, anyway. It's so they can medicate you if needed or so if you "need" a c-section you are already hooked up. You seem like a tough girl, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Me? I need to know what to expect, especially because when I'm in labor I'm in no position to do anything other than be in labor. My midwife says it's normal. It's my job to have the baby. It's everyone else's job to help me have the baby. I shouldn't be having to think about anything. I think that's why I like my midwife. She basically gives me permission to make everyone else do things HAHA. But trust me, when you are in labor, you could "do nothing" and you're still working harder than everyone else in the room put together but it's a really neat and empowering experience.

I think babysitting for extra money would make more sense for you right now. Your job has been rough on you and with cut hours you won't even be making that much. Like you said, you have almost everything you need already. Your body needs the rest, and I'm glad you are listening to your body's cues. I do look forward to having you around more! I read about your U/S and was upset for you. That tech sounded terrible

Everything is good for me. I got some writing done again tonight! I have 40 scenes left to write, but I wrote 2 tonight so really it's only 38. I want to try to write 2 a night but be okay with even just 1 a night. I see no reason I can't be done by May 1st, though I'd originally aimed for March 1st, so you saw how that went... Hopefully I can stay motivated.

Are you feeling ready to be done with your pregnancy or still enjoying it? I'm in not rush. I need so much still. but once I have it all, I know I'll be looking forward to making term and labor and delivery and meeting my new baby. This pregnancy is going fast, and I feel huge! It's almost time for me to take a new belly pic, too!
March 12th, 2013, 08:32 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:17 AM.
March 12th, 2013, 08:32 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:17 AM.
March 13th, 2013, 06:35 AM
I can imagine IVs overseas must be terrible! I remember when they finally convinced me to get an IV in the hospital the person missed trying to get the needle in. I freaked out. So then I didn't want it again, but they promised to send me the person who was the best at it. I'm thinking, why didn't you do that the first time?

I do love my midwife, though. She is pretty awesome

I love feeling baby move! It's the best feeling ever! I can feel it from the outside sometimes, too, hoping it gets stronger soon so the kids can feel it

You must be exciting about setting up the nursery! We started a little, but I can't finish until DH does the 3 things he promised to do. I hate nagging him, but if I don't it will never get done.

A treat after I finish the book . . . that's a good idea. I wonder what that could be LOL

Yep, I'm big into yoga pants LOL That'll be it for me, with some cute tops/dresses. I have this one shirt that makes me look super pregnant right now and I love it because when I don't look pregnant, I just look fat. I can tell most people can't tell yet.

How are you eating? I eat way too much junk
March 14th, 2013, 09:37 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:19 AM.
March 15th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I wrote again go me! Maybe lemon pies should be my treat. I love lemon pies haha.

It must feel great to be starting to show! I know I enjoy it. I had this nightmare last night though that I had the baby before I started to really show. It's the second time I dreamt of having the baby without remembering the birth. Just woke up in the morning with a baby.

I think I eat a lot of healthy food, i just also eat a lot of junk. I wish I wanted to/had time to exercise. You should at least walk a bit each day since you feel up to it. I know that's not the same as a run but this way you get some exercise but without overdoing it. Moving around helps me with my back pain usually.

Sounds like you are really motivated right now! Second trimester energy USE IT! Do what you want during this time and have fun!

We haven't been to the movies in a while but we're going to go see Dead Man Down tonight, hopefully! I found out I'm supposed to get my advance in the next few days! OH HOW I HOPE THAT IS TRUE! I am itching to baby shop and buy cloth diapers HAHA

What are your go-to meals right now? I need some food ideas
March 16th, 2013, 08:56 PM
yay!! Glad you got more writing done.. Lemon Pies sound amazing.. never had any.. but now I kind of want lemon bars. lol.

I've had a couple of weird dreams, too.. was the baby at least healthy in your dreams? Maybe that you don't remember the birth means your birth will be very easy this time.. Here's hoping. I also hope that money comes in for you soon so you can start shopping, too!! I know I'd be going crazy if I didnt have what I have now for the baby by now..

Right now, my go-to meals are pretty much just cereal on my work days. lol.. or when I am off, I love throwing things into my slow cooker. I have a large hamilton beach one.. It is pretty amazing.. I love my buffalo chicken that I put on the recipe page.. Ive kind of been more grazing than anything else.. Like I'd have chicken at one point, then a bowl full of veggies, then an orange or apple or something.. I guess Im just giving into any and all cravings that are semi-healthy.. and avoiding things I know will make me miserable feeling after like fried foods.. Today I caved and got some Popeyes shrimp, though. lol. I have been so lazy lately but will be on here more soon as Im leaving work.. I still have my 19 and 20 week pictures to upload in my belly progression link.

Do you have your eye on anything specific right now for the baby?? Any more adorable diapers you have bookmarked?

March 17th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Lemon pies are great! this is what they look like:

What was your dream about? I have had this dream twice now. In the first dream, the baby was healthy, but I was worried i'd be in trouble for having the baby at home for some reason. In the second dream, it was scarier. I started bleeding and then my husband was going to take me to the hospital but then we realized I already had the baby (weird, right? most dreams are). I don't remember if the baby was healthy or not. In that dream, I never saw the baby. I don't remember thinking the baby died, just worried (again) I'd be trouble for having the baby at home and going so long without telling anyone. I do remember in the second dream the baby was early because I was sad I had her before I was fully "showing".

I LOVE cereal but I noticed recently that everything I have cereal with milk in it (the way I like my cereal) i get a little bit of "morning" sickness. so I've been avoiding it, grudgingly.

I love slow cooker meals! I can't eat cereal (though I love it) because every time I do the milk in it gives me morning sickness. I eat oatmeal for breakfast and my husband grills steak or chicken for dinner with rice and veggies. Last night though we had stir fry rice, veggies, and shrimp that I made from on of those frozen dinner packs. Lunch is usually unhealthy, like a whole can of spagettios with meatballs, my current ongoing craving I also love clementines, but so do my kids, and they keep eating them all within a day when I buy them.

I LOVE Popeyes and now I want that. Great I need to get my 20 picture done and loaded, too

I will take pictures of my diaper stash when it gets here. There's SO much I want. Tons of cute diaper covers, embellished prefolds, a few pocket diapers, I'm gonna get some bamboo terry flats and use the softbums system a little, too. I originally wanted a simple stash, but it's gotten more complicated and expensive the longer I wait to get my money LOL.

When do you tour the hospital you are delivering at?
March 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:21 AM.
March 17th, 2013, 11:50 AM
My husband loves cherry pie I like the lemon ones, apple is my second favorite. I'm sooo in the mood for apple pie, too HAHA.

I do think deep down we know the gender of our babies, but with every pregnancy I tell myself it's a boy so I wouldn't be disappointed. Not that that works Though I love my boys now. I think part of me wanted my youngest to be a boy, which is weird (for me) but I was still a little sad. Deep down I think I knew it was a girl this time but I wouldn't admit it to anyone because I feared being wrong.

your dream last night was weird, but thankfully not horrific! You're gonna be a great mom And no, doesn't sound crazy to me about the real dreams at all.

How did you find out you were lactose intolerant? I wonder sometimes if I have mild food allergies. I try not eating certain foods, and then I feel better, but I can't manage to stay away from those foods... I have heard that about soy so in our house when we weren't using regular milk we used almond milk.

I think a lot of classes are useless. A lot we already learn from reading online. I had to take an early pregnancy class this pregnancy, and 99% I knew. I did learn 1 new thing--I forget what it was already though lol.

I'm feeling okay most days. TERRIBLE pain/sciatic never pain in my back on the right side, though. And right now I have heartburn. No idea why. I hope your dizziness subsides, too.

Our puppy came home from training yesterday and chewed through my eyeglasses. they are completely ruined now, even the lenses I have to go monday to get new ones. I have so much to do but get nothing done. I feel like I sit around doing nothing all the time. Laziness I wish I was more motivated. Then there are other things I need to do that i need my husband to do things first so I can get those things done. I think I need to make a list of things I need to do and make it a point to do 2-3 of those things a day. Lists motivate me for some reason LOL

How often are you feeling baby move now? Have you been able to see the movements yet? Enjoy it. I always stop what I'm doing when it starts. I can never get enough of it, and this will be the last time I'll feel it.
March 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM

March 17th, 2013, 03:12 PM
That's really sad about your sister and your dad That's amazing you were able to figure out on your own what was causing it, but sad that you suffered for so long before realizing it. How do you cope? I mean, I can deal with using almond milk in my cooking, but not in my cereal And I'm not sure I could avoid all milk products. which foods are hardest for you to avoid and how do you compensate?

The puppy is an american bull dog. and yet, in no time flat she chewed off one of the ear pieces of my glasses, popped out two lenses, and chewed HUGE un-fixable scratches into the lens (she made my lenses look like they must have been made of plastic!)

You must be antsy for May so you can decorate! I'm antsy for my husband to do the painting, fix the curtain rod,a nd hang the canvases so I can finish the nursery. I will be pissed if I end up having to do that at 7 months pregnant. So glad you got the changing table sorted! And the glider looks wonderful! I am sad we don't have room for one this time

You might not feel him because of the way he is facing. It's normal not to feel your first that frequently. I'm surprised how often I feel this little one now. I feel her every day, most of all at night.

In the food world today, I had an ice cream bar lol I'm about to make this pasta and chicken with spinach mix for dinner What's for dinner over there?
March 19th, 2013, 09:26 PM

March 20th, 2013, 05:35 AM
You have to show me pictures of the changing table! Must feel great to have that done!

I LOVE tortellini, so jealous right now, and I LOVE pesto sauce (especially if it's homemade). At least you are eating pretty healthy!! Last night I had pizza and cheesecake LOL but I had pretty healthy things at other times yesterday.

I need to get new pictures of the puppy. I'm more of a cat person, but my husband likes dogs so we have dogs. I've never had a problem with my cats and my kids either, but I do worry about the dogs because they just aren't careful and jump on people still.

Right now we're trying to make a big decision about my daughter's gymnastics. We possibly might move her to another gym (further away, so more driving) because they sound more willing to work with her at a higher level, which is what our daughter wants. But that's going to be a lot of work for her, and there's no guarantee they can move her up, in which case we'd be leaving what is a better gym for the lower levels. Like levels 1-4 are the best at the gym we are at now, but 7-10 are better at this other gym. But her gym now would have her in level 3 next year, and this gym might put her in level 4. MIGHT. what if they don't? then we moved her there, drive further, for a gym that's not as good, so she can be in the same level, AND they cost more per month. But if they do move her forward, then it's worth it. Her old gym's level 4 will probably still beat her at team at competitions, but it will give her a head start that her current gym won't give her. I'm torn. I also really love the coaches at her gym now. And the coach she would have never year (level 3) is so awesome. I just don't know what to do. You can't really bounce back and forth, either, and there's only certain times of year where it's ideal to make a switch.
March 22nd, 2013, 10:29 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:22 AM.
March 23rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
YAY for your last day of work! I haven't been on the main board as much, so didn't get to respond to your post Sorry about the pinching. I have had that feeling before, too, and not just during pregnancy but usually more often during pregnancy. I'm not sure what it is, though. You can ask your midwife if you are really concerned.

the changing table is SO cute!! Are you happy with it? I can't wait to start buying bigger items. Still no advance. totally bummed.

As for my daughter, she's always amazing me Of course, the new gym might not want to move her up either. Guess we will see. They can be a hassle, though (the gyms).

Otherwise, everything is great. What are your plans now that you aren't working?
March 26th, 2013, 12:53 PM

March 26th, 2013, 01:10 PM
It's okay! Hopefully you got a lot of positive things done Sounds like you have, and like you're nesting a little! I have the nesting urge but nothing to nest with . . . YET. You must get sick of me whining about this, but I still haven't gotten my advance I did, however, get a paid editing gig, so I'm up about $300 right now plus royalties come in April 1st, so I'll have some money to spend! I think you can relate to being "stuck" though, since you have to wait 2 months to set up the nursery. I have to wait to order things and wait for my husband to fix up the girl's room (paint, windows, etc) so I can put up the decals and decorations.

Yay for doing something nice for yourself, too! I hope all your appointments go well! So glad you are set with all your baby needs, now! I can't wait to have everything

Daughter's gym thing is thursday. We'll see how it goes. Is it bad that part of me hopes the new gym won't move her up? Because if they don't move her up, there's no point in us switching gyms! and she gets to continue to get high scores and keep things easy. But, it's about her, not me, so I hope she gets moved up.

I got some diapers in the mail today. I want to order a diaper caddy later this week, too. Looks like this:

It would be for that day's diapers. The rest would be in other bins that I still need to buy. Still have to find the perfect one, too. What have you been doing now that you aren't working?
March 27th, 2013, 11:37 PM

March 28th, 2013, 05:42 AM
I'm in the shopping nesting stage and think I'll be really nesting once I have everything and my DH does what he needs to do. I hope time goes by fast before you get to set up that nursery.

Yes, there's definitely an optimistic side to the events today either way. I'm a bit excited about today, too, just to see how she does.

I use target baskets for organizing, but I want the diaper caddy to use to for that day's worth of diapers.

My midwife doesn't check for gestational diabetes until later in pregnancy. Some places check early. With your history, might make sense to check early. Just keep an eye out for any signs.

You have to post pictures of your favorite thrift store finds!!!

I've been OKAY with my writing. Not great, but I also have editing and stuff to do. The last few nights the kids went to bed SO late that I was too tired to write. We need to get back on a good schedule.

That dress is adorable and PERFECT for spring/summer!! What color would you get it in? I still haven't bought any real maternity clothes. I'm good at getting by on sweats and the few shirts I have.

Last night I had this nightmare that I went into labor too early and had to have the baby in the hospital. They brought me the baby and it was a boy, and I was like "this isn't my baby" and it turns out they accidentally brought me the wrong baby and my baby was still a girl. Having the baby in the hospital though is my biggest worry. I know some people don't mind it all, but my experiences have been less than great and I don't want to do it again. I get really worried about having this baby too early sometimes, like even earlier than I had my daughter.

Have you had any fears like that?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search