* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 11:02 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:23 AM.
March 28th, 2013, 11:13 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't even notice that was hospital gown! WOW! you're going to be styling in labor and delivery lol!

I love the dress you chose for the wedding, too! I understand about the bra situation, though. I can't so anything strapless for that reason.

Wow, so you will be REALLY pregnant at her wedding. What if you have the baby before then? Too bad her wedding wasn't planned for like a month later or earlier. I'm sure it will all work out though!

Just did daughter's braids for gymnastics. We leave in about an hour for her eval and class trial. I'll update when I get back.

My agent told me today he has "thrilling news". I should hope it's a new contract LOL but instead I'm hoping it's my advance being on its way to me!
March 28th, 2013, 11:23 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
March 29th, 2013, 07:08 AM
The evaluation mostly went well. She learned new skills in one class and was just as good as some of the best girls there, even though it was a level up from where she is now and she's never done those skill before. However, she was afraid to try this one conditioning skill (hanging from a bar on the second floor) and they said if she can't do that, she can't be on the team (even though she has all the skills and some of the girls on the team currently don't have the skills). They also lied to me frequently while I was there. For example, they told me "All of our girls climb the rope all the way to the top at every practice" but then when I watched, NONE of the girls did this. One girl got 1/4 of the way up the rope, the other girls didn't even come close. I really don't like being lied to. They said she can be on the team if she tries the conditioning move, which we could get her to do within a week (she gets over fears quickly) but I'm not sure I want to drive 45 minutes to a gym that is going to lie to me a out things I can clearly see aren't true.

I love your taste in boys clothes!!! He's going to be one really well dressed little man!! I agree, you don't look very pregnant, but you look amazing!
March 29th, 2013, 09:03 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
March 29th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I'm torn about keeping her where she is, because of what she wants, but I'm not torn about which of the two gyms I prefer. After that experience, I definitely prefer her where she is (of the two options). So in a way, I think it's a blessing in disguise she was afraid of that one thing, because if it hadn't been that, what if we switched gyms and then LATER they said she couldn't stay on the team? Then she'd be gymless. No thanks to that!

I'm HUGE now! I'll have to post a picture soon. I think I am just barely at that stage where I look pregnant instead of fat, but I'm about as big as I was with my other 3 at 7 months.

I have pain when I wake up too, mostly in my back, hips, and knees Stomachs can be uncomfortable in the morning too, especially if it's before you pee. Not sure why that is, but I had that with all my kids.
March 29th, 2013, 11:04 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:26 AM.
March 29th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I wish I had a camera or could at least find my phone. I'd take more pictures that way LOL

I want to see The Host!

I also want to see...

Iron Man 3
Beautiful Creatures
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Evil Dead
Safe Haven

I've seen more trailers I like, but I can never remember movie titles. I had to look a few of these up LOL

I recently saw Olympus has Fallen and that was excellent!
March 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM

March 31st, 2013, 07:06 AM
Buying a camera is totally on my baby list LOL Just like a Canon Powershot or something.

That must have been disappointing abut The Host We also wait to see a lot of movies until after they come out.

I'm sorry you were in pain today I feel like every few days I am having a contraction, but there's not really anything I can do about it since it's not frequent. It's a big like a sharp/charlie-horse like cramp in my uterus. I never had contractions this early, so no idea if that's it.

Are you excited for your baby shower?? I will have to live vicariously through you. What are you hoping to get at the shower??
April 1st, 2013, 10:17 AM

April 1st, 2013, 06:00 PM
labor is really painful, I won't lie, but it's manageable--transition is really the only phase that threatens to break a woman's resolve LOL -- by then, a charlie horse to the uterus would be like a vacation to Hawaii... For me the pushing was THE worst, but my midwife says she thinks it was positioning, so we're going to try to avoid as much pain during pushing this time. I'm pretty sure by that point in my last delivery, I said something like "Just get it out of me!"

That is a shame about the guy friend ruining your co-ed baby shower plans but probably for the best. It would stink for him to make that special day awkward for you. I can understand wanting to have as much as possible before the shower too, so you aren't scrambling at the last minute for items you really need. You'll probably get diapers and lots of cute clothes I am loving your finds here already and your organization is awesome! Hopefully I will be joining you soon!

Oh, the fantastic news!!! Well, a big U.S. publisher might be interested in my book AND my advance money is coming in! My agent got my bank information the other day. I'm hoping the transfer will go through any day now so I can SHOP! I did get to do a little shopping for diapers the other day with some royalty money I made though
April 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:27 AM.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:34 AM
I wrote last night Not a whole ton, but I always feel better after I do. If only I would consistently write every night, I'd be in better shape.

A class might be a good idea, just to at least mentally prepare you for what parts of labor might shake your resolve. I think you'll do great either way.

I don't think you are a pack rat I tend to spend more money per outfit but buy less clothes (though still a good amount). I figure I rather see an outfit I LOVE 100 times, then my child only wear something once or twice and I just feel meh about it. Sometimes what I think I will love changes, though. Like, I bought a LOT of pink for my first daughter, but after she was born I realized she looked way cuter in purple...

I LOVE the playtex drop in. I think that's a really safe bet Mostly the issue one faces with bottles are the nipple, and you can usually find different nipples that fit that system since their bottles are such a standard width, BUT personally my kids loved the nipples on those bottles more than any others anyway. We even got bottles that are supposed to "mimic the breast" and nope, they preferred the playtex drop ins!
April 3rd, 2013, 09:30 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:27 AM.
April 4th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I do get frustrated when I don't, I think because that's the thing I'm the *most* behind on getting done. Thanks for understanding that I feel a lot of pressure where that is concerned...

When it's time to have the baby, your instincts really will take care of a lot. I didn't need to be taught how to breathe or anything like that. I make my own labor noises and that helps me through the contractions. My husband says it sounds like I'm mooing. Great. but know what to expect will help prepare you for what you need to do MENTALLY. For example, when the pain gets it's worse, that means you are almost done! When in that kind of pain, thinking "other people have done it naturally" won't help, but it MIGHT help to know "this means the baby is almost here". Ya know? I think you're going to do great.

You'll never know for sure what your favorite outfits will be until baby gets here. Have you gotten any baby toys or anything like that yet? I'm excited to shop for baby and toddler toys again! I had so much fun shopping for my youngest son. They had the cutest baby boy clothes! I feel like the selection for girls clothes hasn't been as great this year. Maybe i just like winter clothes more, though, and everyone is carrying summer clothes.

You could always try a few bottles and then see what you like best, but I liked the drop ins because they are SO easy to clean and help prevent gas and the nipples on them my kids seemed to like, and I tried a lot of "fancy" bottles even. Also, since they are a popular bottle it's so easy to find replacement pieces for them Other bottles, you have to go to target or babies r us, etc, but with the drops ins you can get what you need at the regular grocery store. Maybe not a big deal to some people, but that's a big deal to me!

You an use formula with the drop in system. You just put in water and formula and then close and shake! Of course, hopefully you won't need to worry about that, but I think it's great you are going to try to breastfeed as long as you can. Pumping is harder, but it's doable, but in the end just remember that part of what is best for the baby is mom's sanity, so don't feel bad or drive yourself crazy. Just do your best like I know you will and be happy with that, because that right there is what will make you a great mom

For how many liners, I can't remember. It might say on the packaging...
April 4th, 2013, 10:08 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.
April 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I took an early pregnancy class this pregnancy and I definitely learned things I didn't know, which was honestly a surprise! Not that I thought I knew everything--more that I was surprised they really went beyond the basics so that I COULD learn more. You might want to try posting on the natural childbirth board. Tell them you want to hear the good the bad and the ugly and that you won't be put off from NCB, you just want to the unfiltered truth so you can know what to expect and tips on how to deal with those harder moments. You are a level-headed, strong woman. I don't agree with people who make NCB sound impossible OR people who make it sound like "Oh it's really easy" just to try to trick people into trying it, ya know? I think people deserve to know that yes, it's hard and there are some really painful moments, but that it's SOOOOOO worth it and there are so many great things about it, too (not just the benefits). You know I'll support you either way, I'm just happy how devoted you are to having a NCB.

Maybe at your baby shower people will bring some toys. You know, basics like a play mat or a swing if you don't have those already. Really, all the NEED is mommy <3 <3 <3 Good idea buying toys new. I agree, they can get gross fast and are hard to clean, so used toys do tend to be dirty or broken/useless. We are basically starting over from scratch. We have nothing for anyone under the age of 4 1/2 in this house! But . . . shopping will be fun!

I know! 23 weeks! You know that puts our baby's into the "viable" territory! GO US!!! I love feeling the baby move. I hope you are enjoying it. I seriously stop what I am doing whenever I feel it so I can enjoy it. This is my last time! I feel baby girl move a lot, but she definitely has "active periods" where I can just sit for 20 minutes and feel or watch her. Personally, though, I'm in no rush for her to get here! I still need SO much! My money hasn't come through yet I whine about that a lot, but it's a big deal. That money will buy EVERYTHING the baby needs. I just want to get it and shop!! I know the money was sent though, so I just have to be patient . . . and keep checking my bank account 20 times a day. Might not be here until after the weekend though
April 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.
April 4th, 2013, 03:02 PM
The NCB board is great. Don't worry about posting a question someone might have asked before. Sometimes what you have to ask is a little different. Those women love helping others

I am with you, by the way--I think medical intervened childbirths are pretty scary. I always worried about what they might try to scare me into doing and what the risks of those things might be. Of course, having an OB/Midwife you trust helps a lot.

Trust me, once I get my money, there's gonna be a LOT of shopping going haha. I'll be sure to post pictures... (with the camera I will need to buy with the money too HAHA!) Ah, I'm just so excited for you having the baby, too. It makes me wish we lived close by and our kids could grow up together. Plus you rock--I feel like we'd be instantly comfortable as friends (and we wouldn't argue over what movie to see on girls night out )

I use this viability chart:

http://www.spensershope.org/chances_for_survival.htm

It says:

21 weeks and less 0%
22 weeks 0-10%*
23 weeks 10-35%
24 weeks 40-70%
25 weeks 50-80%
26 weeks 80-90%
27 weeks >90%
30 weeks >95%
34 weeks >98%

*Most babies at 22 weeks are not resuscitated because survival without major disability is so rare.
A baby's chances for survival increases 3-4% per day between 23 and 24 weeks of gestation and about 2-3% per day between 24 and 26 weeks of gestation. After 26 weeks the rate of survival increases at a much slower rate because survival is high already.

Oh, got good news at my appt today from my midwife. My cervix is the longest she's ever heard at my last ultrasound! It measured at 5cm! The average at 24 weeks is 3.5cm (it was 2.8 the last time they checked) so, things are obviously going good with my cervix this pregnancy! It's truly amazing!

And my midwife (well, I have 3, but the one I saw today who I LOVE) has the same birthday as me! I really love all my midwives, but the woman I've seen the last two times I hope delivers my baby.

It's really amazing what our bodies are doing and what is happening inside of us right now!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search