* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 05:47 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
April 5th, 2013, 06:32 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have many close friends, either. I moved around a lot growing up, I've always been at a different stage in my life. I socialize at some places, with people I see regularly, but that's about it. I'm also very honest, which some people don't like (for example, my friend who was living with us for a while but wasn't making good choices, I told her so). So she moved out We're still friends and she wasn't mad, I think she just felt guilty but didn't want to change (long story).

You must really be looking forward to finalizing your divorce! They can be so slow with those things. WIC is a pain, yeah, but you will get some good benefits from that for you and the baby!

No writing yet today. But I might start in a little bit It's not too late for me to get started and the kids are in bed and my husband is home to keep the dogs calm.

Dressers, hmmm. I mean, don't get me wrong, they are nice to have, but we've never really had one. all my kids have closets. I put baskets in their closet too. I'd like to have a dresser but with kids you need heavy duty so they don't break and the kid gets hurt, and I can't justify spending the money on a heavy duty dresser when the closets and baskets are working out. Plus, they take up floor space, and I like my rooms to be roomy, not cluttered.

OH! I got a wall decal up today Just a few more to go Then other decorations. Hoping to get the canvases up this week and then I just have to nag my husband to paint the accent wall and the room will be done!
April 5th, 2013, 07:17 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
April 6th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I don't like driving anywhere with crazy hills, so I can understand that. It does sound pretty scary, though, but probably it's beautiful in it's own way.

Putting the dresser in the closet is a great idea. I do like the way drawers keep things organized

So the decal I put up is a growth chart one with a bird. It's SO cute. I can't wait to have all the decals up

I'm so frustrated this morning. My husband woke up in quite a mood. Our conversation just now:

Me: What's on your agenda for today?

Him (attitude): I don't know.

Me: Then you think you'll have time to go to home depot?"

Him (attitude): No.

Me: So you do have things to do today.

Him: No, I just don't give a f''' about home depot.

GRRRRR. But it doesn't even end there. He then goes on to say "You don't even know why you want me to go to home depot."

Me: To get the parts to hang the canvases.

Him: See, you don't know.

Me: Are you kidding me? Because I don't know what they are called? I know that YOU KNOW and you told me you get them from home depot. This is just ridiculous now!

Him: I guess you think you're going to have the baby in the next couple weeks so you have to get those stupid canvases up right away.

Me: No, I don't think that. I just want to get it done.

Like what the hell? He's been grumpy all morning. No one has done anything to him. We also had a fight about oatmeal bowls. YES. OATMEAL BOWLS.
April 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 04:11 AM.
April 6th, 2013, 09:43 AM
He's quitting smoking, so I'm trying to keep that in mind, but I have to admit that part of me just doesn't care. Be grumpy, but don't take it out on me! And yes, i'm definitely nesting... or trying to. You know, my money still hasn't cleared. I am hoping it does by Wednesday, that's the latest it should clear by. I'm getting SO impatient. So I feel like getting that other stuff done will hold me over and make me feel productive.

I think it's great you are giving yourself time before getting back to dating. That will be an exciting time when the time comes, though. I always say that if I ever got divorced and if I ever started dating again, I wouldn't date anyone who drinks or smokes. Even though I drink occasionally sometimes, I can't risk being with someone who might not know how to only drink a little. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite lol. that said, my husband hasn't had a drink since he said he would stop. I want things to work with us, and his progress has made me continue to put up with things, but I know a day will come where if the drama is still here, I won't be.

Yeah, my husband has a lot of good points. I'll try to remember that while he's going through this grump-attack Shopping would make me feel better lol
April 6th, 2013, 09:54 AM

April 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM
what are e-cigarettes?

I'm so exhausted and nauseous today What gives??
April 6th, 2013, 10:53 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 04:12 AM.
April 7th, 2013, 09:56 AM
He's somewhat less grumpy today, but definitely he just has a short fuse, always has, and quitting smoking isn't making it easier for him (or any of us...). I just hope eventually he can be a calmer happier person. I think he tried those e-cigarettes before but they didn't work out for him. He switched to cigars for a while and now is quitting those, I think that was a good stepping stone for him but a stinky phase for me to up with lol. I think he's only quitting now because he wants to get into Jui Jitsu.

Sorry about your mom yesterday It's rough living with people who get like that. don't get me wrong, I have bad days, too, but to be honest I don't have them often and 99% of the time I do it comes from me dealing with other people's emotional days. Everyone who knows me says I am so calm and patient, but I'm not all the time, but I think it takes more to set me off than most people. Sometimes it's just me being a grump though, but most of the time I get grumpy from dealing with my husband's grumpiness (can you blame me?) I try to stay calm but honestly, sometimes it's like the only thing he responds to is getting loud and nasty right back at him. I HATE it and it makes me hate how *I'm* acting, but when being nice doesn't work sometimes it's the only way to get him to chill out.

I'm trying to drink more water. I obviously suck at drinking water because it's noon and I've only had 2 glasses. But this app on my phone (it's a pregnancy app) has a water tracker, so that's helpful. I have so much house work to do but don't want to do it alone. I could get some editing done, and I suppose I will, but IDK . . . I feel like doing something but I don't know what.
April 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM

April 7th, 2013, 05:19 PM
I just hope I can get the kids to bed soon and get a few hours to myself (which will likely be used for writing). I have drank 4 glasses of water today. If I'm lucky I'll get to 6. A far cry from the 10 I'm supposed to have, and yet way better than usual.

I hate doing housework alone because I get so bored. I got no housework done today because I was alone. When my husband is around and helping, I do a ton. In the time he does the kitchen I can do the whole house lol I LOVE bowling but haven't gone since I've gotten married because my husband isn't interested and I don't have anyone to go with I could go for more walks, too, but that's another thing I like company for (especially around here with all the weirdos).

I like exercise on youtube because it's free lol. you must be excited about your friend moving closer! I wish one of mine would move around here lol and at least she won't be so close to annoy you. I hear you on the arts education, too. It sounds nice in theory, but it's not practical for someone whose concern is making a living right out of college.

I went to school for psychology, too. Great choice. And if you love Art and work with kids with your psychology, you can put the two together. Though you are right, to use it most effectively requires a masters. You'll get back on track with it, though.

And maybe your acquaintance becoming a parent will change your her a bit. It will be nice for your kids to have playmates

Cross your fingers that sometime tomorrow my money clears
April 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
April 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I'm getting better with water, but still not as good as I should be. I have been feeling sick lately, too, and yesterday I was having a lot of cramps.

Oh, it would be so cool to have someone to go for walks with!!

There is so much to psychology. It's one of those things that no matter how good you are at it you can always keep learning more, which is a rewarding feeling IMO!

So, check STILL hasn't cleared! Isn't even showing yet as pending I wrote my agent and he's going to call his bank tomorrow.

I like writing, but more so I LOVE "having written". I like creating that final product Deadlines stress me out but at the same time, I'd get nothing done without them. I guess I just wish I had more time or someone to write my rough drafts for me and magically do it the way I would have... or better haha.

I'm hitting my goals some days, but not others. It's just rough with the kids and being so tired all the time.
April 9th, 2013, 09:09 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
April 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM
I'm just getting stressed and anxiety about everything lately The money still isn't in. My bank doesn't know why and neither does his bank. But his bank says the money should be there by Friday. I wish I could believe that. I need more help from my husband if I'm going to finish this book. I need some daytime hours, not just after the kids are in bed. He keeps saying he will help out, but he NEVER does. I hope you can get back into Art soon

That's GREAT you took care of the name change things now because then you can put your maiden name on the birth certificate Either way, I can understand wanting to change your name back, but I know what a hassle all that stuff can be. Anything involving paperwork or the government is ALWAYS a hassle. I sometimes feel like I can never catch up with everything I need to do. How do you LIVE LIFE and stay on top of all the paperwork and other "little things"? Obviously people get that stuff done, but I suck at it.
April 11th, 2013, 05:49 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 11:14 PM.
April 11th, 2013, 08:55 PM
My money came in Except it was only HALF what I expected because apparently I only get 1/2 now and 1/2 at publication, which is the END of the year. I'm still happy and spent the day shopping, but I won't be able to get EVERYTHING for the baby with this money. I'll probably wait until the beginning of next month to buy more and hope that I make enough money between now and June to order everything I need for the baby.

sounds like you are a woman on a mission, but bummer on not having the baby shower. I mean, definitely don't have one if you aren't into it--it's supposed to be fun for YOU so it's pointless if it's not! But, as someone who never really had a baby shower I didn't care then but I can now but now I don't have anyone to go to a shower anyway lol I think your idea to get your son in some groups so you can both meet people is a great idea, though!

WOW those are some crazy trees! But what a BEAUTIFUL setting! I wouldn't mind going for a walk in that area (assuming the neighborhood is nice).

We did some work on the girls room and I'm EXHAUSTED from it. I feel like crap now and I'm going to bed. But hopefully within a month the room will be done. I just need my husband to pick up some caulk, white paint, and red paint, and do some painting for me, and I'll be able to finish everything else
April 12th, 2013, 02:22 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 11:14 PM.
April 13th, 2013, 10:28 AM
It would be neat if the balance came in around Christmas But either way, I should be fine, I just have to space out my purchases more than I originally planned.

Those trees are CRAZY tall. Wouldn't want to be around if one of those fell down! I need to bug my husband to do the painting, soon. I ordered some supplies to finish the second canvas, too. I might order a camera soon

A lot of what I want isn't in stock right now anyway (carseat, pack and play--might pick a different pack and play, though), etc). I think I will wait until the beginning of next month to order more, even though I still have money left. I want to have a good idea how much I will have to spend between now and my next royalty payment (may) so that I know what my remaining budget is and can order more. Maybe I can convince my husband to buy a thing or two (like the pack and play and carseat lol)

All I've really bought so far is the diapers LOL but to me, that IS exciting! I'm baking brownies today. What are you up to? How many more days until you get to start on your nursery?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search