* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2013, 10:23 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
April 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brownies are in the oven now

We had to get a new car for this baby, and getting a new car can be a fund-killer, so I understand wanting to wait. But it stinks when the car you have isn't one you like so much. I don't drive so I don't go out much as it is--hopefully you don't feel cooped up staying home, though; I know some people do.

I wish I could go bowling. The other day I wanted to show my daughter what a dive cartwheel is, but I figured that might not be a great idea right now...

How exciting on the room! That's just a couple weeks away!!! Making the room you are in now into a guest room is a great idea, and will allow you to get everything done before the baby gets here!

Rain 300 days a year? I couldn't deal with that!! It's been rainy and gloomy here lately, too, though, so don't worry, you are missing out!

When is your next appt?
April 13th, 2013, 11:21 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
April 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM
It is! I know even not pregnant sometimes I want to do things and have to realize, geesh, I'm almost 30! My body doesn't work like it did when I was 14 anymore LOL I want to get back in shape after the baby, too. I know I should do more now... I'm just so busy. I need to not be so busy by the time the baby arrives. Today I am working on an editing project. JM has been my "breaks" LOL

I would be happy to everything I need by July 1st. That seems SO close to me. To my husband, it seems right around the corner. I think doing all the washing a month in advance is just fine I plan to do the washing after everything arrives (which probably won't be until the beginning of July anyway lol)

I have a GD test at my next appt, I think. I'm sorry you don't love the care you've been getting. I had a doctor I didn't love with my first pregnancy and switched and was SO glad when I did. You can usually call around and see which hospitals different practices deliver at so you can keep your current hospital. Then see if you can find any reviews online and meet with them before switching.

My next appointment is May 1st!
April 13th, 2013, 10:32 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
April 14th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Yes, having coverage is a great thing! You may want to start asking questions about their participation in birth, though. Sometimes with the less attentive doctors you risk a nurse delivering your baby because the doctor doesn't try to get there until the last second. that might not bother you, though, but at the same time you might just want to know what to expect

I think the appointments shift after the glucose test. Like for me, I'm pretty sure I have glucose test, 4 weeks, another appointment, and then appointments are every 2 weeks after that. At the very end they turn to every 1 week.

I wake up a lot at night recently from pain in my back or shoulder. My shoulder has been HORRIBLE lately I don't seem to wake to pee. I've never done that much during any pregnancy. I'd say I have super-bladder BUT I pee a little whenever I sneeze, even when I don't have to go at all. THAT sucks.

What has been the hardest part of pregnancy for you?
April 14th, 2013, 08:27 AM

April 14th, 2013, 03:44 PM
The brownies were SO good by the way. My trick to brownies, cookies, cake, etc, is to cook it until you think it still needs just a few more minutes, then take it out. The heat while it cools down will continue to cook it a little more. It makes everything really moist

I went a to a midwife team like yours with my first 2 pregnancy. It really is the best option when not going with a regular midwife, IMO. They still didn't come in until the last possible second to deliver my older two kids, but it was still better I think than using a regular doctor. Of course, different strokes for different folks.

Overall I feel better. Glad pregnancy hasn't been too bad for you! My husband keeps agreeing to paint soon, but he never does! Baby moves every day, usually 2-3 really active times a day, but sometimes the movements are "quieter" than other days!

My daughter had a competition today. I posted a video in the hide out
April 14th, 2013, 07:31 PM

April 14th, 2013, 07:50 PM
I craved chocolate with my first pregnancy . . . ordered a ton of flake chocolate bars from the UK to pig out on the whole time lol

You should just not shut up until they answer all your questions. Or tell them that you are a first time mom and you're anxious, so you'd appreciate them giving you just a few more minutes at the end of each visit to go over any questions you have. IF you can't ask for what you need now, you won't be able to while having the baby. It's important and you shouldn't feel bad asking. Remember, they work for YOU!

Daughter says she wants to go to the Olympics, but she doesn't understand what that means I don't think. I think she just thinks of it as the last level in gymnastics and assumes she will just go that one day, before she goes to college to be a nurse. She talks about it like it's no big deal, ya know? but we'll see what she thinks in a few years.
April 14th, 2013, 08:40 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.
April 15th, 2013, 06:35 AM
You just have to put your concerns into question form so you can get the feedback that will give you peace. Ask if you can have the GD test early. IF they say no, they'll probably give a reason that helps put your mind to ease. Ask what would cause the dizziness when it happens and what you can do to prevent it. That kind of stuff. You aren't crazy to want to know for sure everything is okay and it's normal to ask questions

My daughter has a funny way about competitions. She is SO determined and focused and wants to do well, but she doesn't get stressed or nervous. I'd say it's one thing she has a healthy balance in, like she was made to compete lol

Can I rent parental guidance or is it in theaters? Sounds like just what I need right about now LOL

Waiting is the hardest part, I agree. You wait to be ready, then when you are, you wait for baby to come. It's just a LOT of waiting. Maybe pregnancy is so long to teach us the patience we need to raise children lol
April 15th, 2013, 08:36 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.
April 15th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I know how that can be But that's why I say put it into a question. When you voice concerns, they only have to listen to you talk. When you ask a question, they need to answer. I know it can feel confrontational to do that (which is why for years I never felt comfortable asking questions) but you won't get peace of mind otherwise. It's also good practice for when your son gets here, because in my experience as parents we all need to have the skill of confronting things head on for the health of our children at some point or another Don't feel bad being pushy about it, ya know--I mean, it's not like you are being ridiculous. You have valid reasons for your concerns. I think it's great you are making dietary changes based on what you know now

I usually watch movies on netflix. I'll see if they have it there

Still don't feel ready AT ALL. Still missing lots of major purchases (pack and play , car seat, baby swing) It's a long list, actually. But I'll get there. I might be feeling better after my next big order (beginning of next month). What about you? anything else on your list other than getting the room set up?
April 15th, 2013, 08:25 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 10:18 PM.
April 16th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm having a productive morning today editing a manuscript I've had for too long now lol (well, not really, I think I still have 3 weeks to finish the editing gig, but I usually try not to use my whole 6 week allotment). Then maybe I'll do some work on my book and then I can write a new scene tonight

It sounds like you are pretty close to done with the shopping, so that's awesome! As for the carseat, we aren't using an infant carrier seat. We're just using one of those convertible seats that go from 5 lbs to 65 lbs. It's pricey, but it's cheaper than buying 2-3 carseats, so it's worth it. We bought a bigger car this year because we were having the baby so don't have to worry about the carseat taking up too much room thankfully. It's hard when you have a 5 passenger and have a 3rd kid because you don't want to upgrade your car but yeah, it gets cramped. but since this is baby #4, we needed a new car. Now we have a 7 passenger.

Yeah, having a supportive man is nice, but they are just as much trouble as they are worth My husband and I are fighting over names. I mean, not really *fighting* but you know what I mean.

My boys like video games :/ We're trying to get them interested in other things. My oldest is starting to get really into reading. I'm also thinking he might like swimming.
April 16th, 2013, 10:24 AM

April 16th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I totally get that! I almost caved for a couple different infant systems that looked nice! A lot of moms LOVE the infant car seat for the infant stage, though, so it's good to try it. You may feel like you can't live without it! If not, you can always sell it before upgrading to a convertible seat. No rush to get one of those, ya know?

And LOL on those articles and pictures. I know very few dads who are really like that. That's not to say there aren't MANY great dads out there, but very few *act like Moms* if you know what I mean, yet modern media likes to make it look like that's how they all act.

My kids who love video games ALSO love being outside. So I don't think that will kill that for you I do wish my kids weren't so into video games, but it's only every really a problem for us if we don't get them doing other things. To each their own, though. One thing I try to tell my husband is that he can't get mad just because the kids like doing something he doesn't find enjoyable. At the same time, you do want to encourage them to do other things so that they can see there is more to life than video games lol

I'd be SO frustrated with my sister if I were you. Ugh. I don't know how you are dealing with that. Don't let her steal your girl name for you. Even if she has a girl first, use the girl name anyway, and if she says anything, tell her you picked that name first and she didn't want the kids to have the same name she should have thought up her own name. GAH that is SO annoying. I feel for you.

I did get some writing done tonight and need to do more tomorrow. The editing gig isn't totally done yet, but I got a good chunk of that done today. I have some errands I need to take care of tomorrow and Thursday as well.
April 16th, 2013, 07:35 PM

April 17th, 2013, 06:10 AM
I am the same way with wanting to have things on hand ahead of time, for the same reasons as you, too, so I totally understand that <3

It makes me sad when a sister can be like that. You are really nice about it, too.

It seems like we're both always waiting for something, and that's a pain when you have to wait on other people/things to do what you need to do.

The situation with your grandpa must be giving you anxiety. I'm glad you guys aren't putting up with that. Plus, it's pretty selfish of him. He KNOWS you have the baby coming and need that space, I'm sure, and it's not like he has no where to do. He's just being stubborn and selfish.

Nothing fun planned anytime soon, unfortunately :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search