* ~ * alittlelost and melissamarie247 * ~ *

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 11:23 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 25th, 2013 at 11:26 PM.
April 24th, 2013, 05:23 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The hotel we stayed at in San Juan was realllly nice, but maybe it was the time of year, the beach was just...ew. But I hear they actually have some of the most beautiful beaches, generally.

I'm a Sangria fan! If you like Sangria, you would probably like the wines I drink even more

That photograph of Spain is STUNNING! Wish I was there right now!!! You look fantastic with dark hair, too. Not many people can pull off both! I think you do stand out more with your blonde hair, though

The stuffed monkey is SO SO SO cute!!! Looks like it will be soft and cuddly, too

Eh, maybe I can get my husband to cave and buy a few things. I suppose only time will tell!!!
April 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
April 24th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Anytime

My husband won't be excited about the baby until she gets here. That's just how he's always been. It drives me nuts, though! He also thinks babies don't really need anything... Not that he's entirely wrong, but hey, I still want my baby to have things! And some things ARE a must--that's the stuff I want to to get him to buy.

I see nothing wrong with getting a pedicure. Go to a reputable place and you should be fine. I love pedicures but almost never get them. There are "risks" to going to those nail places to get waxed or pedicures, etc, but they are rare and I think avoidable if you are careful where you go
April 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
April 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Hmmm... I can't think of anything right now, but if I do, I'll let you know. Do you have one of those kids with the suction cup, baby thermometer, and the nail clippers and such? It must feel nice to have all the major stuff done with

I am the same way with pedicures. They are too expensive to get all the time, but I love getting them when I can. I usually only get one on a special occasion, like mothers day or my birthday but not every time.

Let me know how your appointment goes today. I'm guessing you were there about now (I'ts 5pm EST, I think that's 2 where you are?) Hopefully they don't blow you off about the glucose test this time! And hearing your baby on the doppler should make you feel better. My baby goes through "quiet phases" where she doesn't move much. Try drinking more water and then not eating for 2 hours then having a sweet/sugary snack (even something healthy, like fruit). That might get him moving!
April 25th, 2013, 05:11 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
April 25th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Your placenta position could definitely cause you to fell less movement! I was told I could expect to feel less because of my placenta position, too. I hope that gave you peace of mind

So glad they gave you the drink! More places should do that. They don't do it where I go, but that's because my appointments are usually an hour long, so basically I go in, drink the drink, have my appointment, then get my bloodwork done.

It's great you have a midwife who is pro natural. They generally are more-so than doctors, though midwives who don't offer home births are also generally more doctorly than what I consider "real" midwives, so it's good you are going to look more into it before getting it

I meant suction cup and thermometer, not suction cup and thermometer. No idea why I said that lol. The floating duck bath thermometer sounds awesome!

I can't believe we are 26 weeks! to me it seems impossibly fast. I mean, there's still at least 10 or so weeks left for me (maybe more this time!) which is almost 3 months, but for some reason that seems like almost nothing! I guess you can call 27 or 28 weeks the 3rd trimester--crazy, huh?

Not much new going on here. We've been going to the dog park every day so I've been getting more exercise, walking like a mile each day, but that's about it.
April 25th, 2013, 05:56 PM

April 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM
It's amazing to be moving to appointments every 2 weeks, isn't it?! I am not sure if I look forward to that or dread it lol. Appointment days can be fun but also a hassle. I'm also worried about when I will go into labor--if it will be a "good time", which is nothing I ever worried about in the past.

Yeah, I've been gaining like crazy lately, too, so you aren't alone! It's hard to get exercise when the weather is no good. It's too hot here lately, so I have to go at the right time of day. I know my poor eating is the real problem, though. I'm actually afraid *I* might have gestational diabetes this time with the way I've been gaining weight. I worry about losing weight, too. I'm older now so it might be harder. I want to include hula hooping as part of my exercise plan after baby though and will probably do nutri-system because I did that in the past and it was a great weight loss kick starter for me.

I'm feeling okay lately. Just really tired. Baby keeps kicking my bladder. And I feel a lot of pressure sometimes so I worry about premature labor, but at the same time have a feeling things will be different this time. I try not to think about it too much right now, though. Too busy obsessing over getting the baby what she needs.
April 25th, 2013, 06:52 PM

April 25th, 2013, 09:47 PM
IT definitely interrupts the flow of my week when I have an appointment. We try to schedule it around our other usual stuff, which isn't easy to do! Hence why I worry about labor coming at a bad time this pregnancy. with my first three, we had less regularly scheduled obligations, so anytime was a good time, really. My youngest really came at the best time possible!

I THINK GD can cause excessive weight gain, but I'm not sure. I may be remembering wrong. I hope you don't have that!

Eating "clean" is really the best bet. I would do that if I could count on us keeping good food in the house, but we don't grocery shop often enough so we end up eating junk too much.

I was working on the artwork for their room again tonight. That plus one more wall decal is all I have before *I'm* done with the girls' room, but I still need my husband to paint.

I'm like you. I am almost ready ENOUGH but not ready as I want to be. I want to have so much done that all else I can do is sit around and wait. THEN I'll be thinking about labor.

wow, you with the gas too? ME also!!! It's killing my husband. Tons of those silent but deadly ones lol I dont' sleep well, but I never have because I have injuries that hurt more when I'm laying down. Lately it's been my shoulder. But at times it is my hip, my knees, and my back sometimes too. Nothing helps.

My next midwife appointment is May 1st! That's when I get my GD test.
April 25th, 2013, 10:12 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
April 26th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Oh my gosh that is the cutest cat video ever!!!

Huh! My gas has been for about the last 4 days myself. THAT IS SO WEIRD!!!

My girls are sharing a room, yes. My boys share a room, too. Then my husband and I live in the living room. We're saving up for a bigger house.

For this baby, we have several people we can call when I go into labor, but who knows if any of them will be available! I'm sure one of them will MAKE themselves available, though. If we have any events the next day, I would just have someone else take my kids if possible. I think my youngest will be going to stay with my mom and dad.

Not sure yet what I'll do with the newborn. I'll probably stay home for a couple weeks and have my husband drive my daughter around--probably until I feel "normal" again.
April 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
April 26th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I want more oranges so bad! We ate all ours, too lol.

today my daughter had Jui Jitsu and gymnastics. I fell asleep after lunch (12) and just woke up (2:30) I'm just sooooo tired lately!

My husband wants to fix our toilet today. We'll see. There's so much that needs done but it never gets done. We didn't go to the dog park today, probably because I fell asleep.
April 26th, 2013, 01:36 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
April 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I swear old people almost never sleep. BUT they CAN be considerate if they choose to be and not keep the rest of the house awake! Really, he sounds so self-centered; I don't know how you deal with it. Thankfully not much longer! you must be crossing off the days on the calendar lol

Yes, our daughter does a lot. She has Private Gymnastics on Monday, then Team Practice on Monday, then Ballet on Tuesday, Team Practice on Wednesday, Jui Jitsu on Friday and Open Practice on Friday right after that. She's going to drop ballet though after the recital. She doesn't like it, but we told her she made the commitment so to follow through, and she's been really good about that. She also wants to take singing lessons, piano, tennis, and swimming, but we told her there's just not enough hours in the day or days in a week lol She likes Gymnastics and Jui Jitsu best anyway. She still gets to do tennis, though--my friend takes her every now and then--but it's not a class.

I tend to do a lot here, too. Painting and appliance repair I leave up to my husband, which often means WAITING (grrr!) but I do things like assemble furniture, because I get sick of waiting for him to do it

Oh, the wisdom I can pass on to my daughter (hopefully) about what to look for in a man. Love my husband, and I'm sure there are some things he'd like to change about me, but I think we all always want better for our children
April 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM

Last edited by ElliotsMommy13; October 27th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
April 26th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I don't blame you. It's actually a pretty scary world these days, the way people act and what people think is okay and how they treat other people

We feel strongly about following through on commitments. We won't make our kids continue to do something they don't want to, BUT before they sign up for anything we explain what commitment they are making and then they have to follow through on that. If they don't want to sign up for a repeat of that commitment, they don't have to. I think it's a good balance between respecting what they want to do and teaching them to respect commitments at the same time. My parents kid it for me, and it can suck a little, but I think it makes a better person and I never felt pressured to continue anything, so it's one of the few things I think my parents did right lol

Disney is awesome! My daughter has gone twice. My boys I haven't taken THERE yet, but they've been to the Seaquariam a few times, the Coca Cola Factory, a few zoos, and the water park. I'd really liked to take them to a water park again soon. That can be SO fun with little ones.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search