KASHWORTH & Kayla_7602

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 01:56 PM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So excited to have a DDB. I am due August 11. This will be baby number 3, which I am hoping is a girl and trying to prepare myself to be told boy. I have 2 boys at home, my oldest is Niklas and he will be 11 in July, and my youngest is Jace and he is turning 3 on the 25th of this month! So what about you?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

February 21st, 2013, 04:15 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your boys are so cute! I am due August 11th as well, by my dates. The dr is going by the 8th. I am a stay at home mom and student, DS is turning 1 on March 5th! DH is Kris and he is in the Army and a correctional officer. I was also hoping for a girl but it turns out we're having a boy!

Have you thought of any names yet?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
February 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM
Your son is adorable! I am also a stay at home mom. And dh installs commercial windows which Is a new job. Before that he installed hardwood floor and built stairs. Haven't thought of any names yet...I'm not having any interest in boys names and I'm afraid to pick and fall in love with a girls name only to be upset and more disappointed that it's a boy. So I keep putting it off! Two boys are awesome....watching my boys together is amazing...they are far apart but the brother bond is amazing! Have you thought of any names yet?

February 22nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Yeah I had the hardest time thinking of boy names before, DS wasn't even named until after he was born. I was trying to put off naming too but I was so sure I was having a girl I did think of girl names and I was let down even more when I found out he was a he. But we are thinking Mikah Ryan right now for a boy. I'm surprised we could come up with a boy name and agree, but I am feeling a little better about having a boy now that we have a name and started getting his room together. It's all very exciting

February 22nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
I really love that name! So how are you feeling lately? I am super tired and have bad RLP in my left lower side it sucks But at least I am starting to feel baby a little more frequently, which is always cool and amazing

February 22nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
DH just went back to work today, he had 2 weeks off because I was on bed rest. Hopefully I don't go back on bed rest. Ugh. But it was nice to have DH home and stuff. I am super tired as well! Jakob only took one nap today and I'm waiting for his bed time so I can do my homework, it's going to take me a while soI'll be up late.. Boo!.. I only feel baby move when I'm laying down and paying attention. Can't wait to feel those big kicks and when DH can feel them too! When do you find out the gender?

February 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
I also only feel baby move when Im laying down, I cant wait to feel big kicks! I am hoping to find out the gender at the ultrasound my midwife will schedule at about 20 weeks....but usually the ultrasound place wont tell the gender ...so If they dont I will schedule it as soon as I can after that. I really dont want to spend the 100-200 though if I can help it! What were you on bedrest for? I was on bedrest with my first Niklas at 24 weeks because my cervix started thinning, but i went full term to 38 weeks. With Jace I went to 39 weeks and 5 days. So I keep saying each one is staying in longer so I'm gonna go over due lol. I have Jaces birthday party tomarrow and have been crazy busy getting ready for it...10+ hours on his cake alone and I am exhausted, and Jace doesnt nap anymore boo! What are you studying in school?

February 23rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
That's crazy that they don't tell gender, I can't imagine them not telling at 20 weeks. I have been dealing with many issues this pregnancy, I have 2 sub chorionic hemorrhages, a cyst, and now placenta previa. The subchorionic hemorrhages were huge and causing a lot of bleeding. now they're pretty small after my bed rest, actually it's just one now. The low placenta is just a recent issue so hopefully it moves up soon. I need to plan more for Jakob's party it is next weekend!! Eek. So not ready, I'm going to be cramming last minute as well. I didn't make the cake though, I ordered one, lol. You should post a pic of the cake!! I am graduating next semester with my Associates in Science and then I am going to get my Bachelors in Nursing but just trying to time out when I will start because it will be a lot more work and don't want that with a newborn. So right now I am in Calculus and Chemistry and it's a ridiculous amount of work.

February 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Wow good for you! That sounds like a lot of work! Birthday parties are so fun, Jaces was today and he had a blast! It was so worth the time when he seen the cake he got so excited. But I am so sore and my feet are swollen and I have major RLP on my lower right side which is driving me crazy! I will post a few pictures from his birthday party on the forums Sounds like you have a had a rough pregnancy so far! My sister had placenta previa in her last pregnancy but it moved up after a little while, so hopefully your will do the same!

February 26th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I loooovvveeee the cake that you made! It's amazing! Hopefully you're feeling better by now! I'm off bed rest, so excited

February 27th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks. So exciting to be off bed rest I was feeling better but now I am getting that nasty cold my family had last week, and my DH and oldest DD are just getting over a stomach virus so I am bracing myself and my youngest for that. I feel like between the 4 of us we have spend the last month sick....I so cant wait for it to be all over with! And to top it off today was my appointment with my midwife but I cancelled because I didnt want to bring our germs to the other pregnant people and new babys, so now I have to wait another week! I was really hoping to get an ultrasound date, but it will come soon I guess! So how are you enjoying being off bed rest, must be very exciting to be able to do normal things again.

March 1st, 2013, 01:34 PM
Aww, hopefully you get over it quickly. We were passing around a sickness here but finally it looks like it's pretty much gone. DS had bronchitis and I was sick for like a month! Yuck. Hopefully you get in for another appointment soon! Being off bed rest is good mostly just cleaning and stuff around the house that I can do again to keep me busy. Getting ready for DSs party tomorrow!

March 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
I love all your party pictures. Jakob is soo cute and I love the way you spell his name I thought we were all done getting sick then Niklas my oldest who has already had the stomach virus last week just woke up and was sick all over his bed At this point I am confused as to why he is getting sick again! I have my appointment for this wednesday providing they don't get called to a delivery How often do you see your doctor? I'm guessing with the complications your having you see an OB and not a midwife?

March 5th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Thank you That's why we are thinking Mikah for the new baby, it goes along with changing the C to K. I'm sorry you guys are all so sick! Hopefully the dr can give you something to help. I just switched to the birth center about a month ago and the OB I was with before switching (the one I had from DS's pregnancy) was fricken horrible. She didn't even put me on bed rest when the problems were the worst and just said stuff like "you will either miscarry or not" ughh. The midwifes are much better and care much more, they are the ones who finally got me on bed rest and did the paperwork so DH could stay home for those few weeks. I was seeing the dr every two weeks or sometimes less if I had bleeding but now that things are looking better there is a month in between my appointments (which is a nice break, especially since the birth center is about an hour away) unless I have bleeding. They will do an ultrasound at around 25 weeks to make sure the SCH didn't get bigger and my placenta moved.

How are your doctor appointments? Are you using an OB? How do you like them?

March 6th, 2013, 04:36 AM
That's great that you don't have to go as often, it is a nice break! I am also using midwifes this time around and they are about 45 min away. With my first I had an OB and delivered in a hospital, he was a great OB and my delivery was still all natural with no interventions.

My second I really wanted a homebirth, but my family doctor talked me out of it and scared me about it uuggg! So I ended up with a OB I hated, who later commited suicide after being suspected of murdering his wife who was going after his for child support!

This time my family doctor tried to talk me out of the midwifes, but after I left his office I just havent gone back and got myself in with the midwifes! If all goes well I am hoping for a home birth! I see them today...hopefully as long as she doesn't rush off to a labor!

I also find that midwifes care more and are much more compassionate, where an OB well most are more clinical and just think in statistics. Which totally sucks were people with feeling and we stress over what and how they say things! I am glad your having a better experience at the birth center! There are none around or I might go there instead of a home birth....who knows if I would though because its not an option! Are you making a birth plan or just talking with them and taking it as it comes?

March 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
OMG! That's a crazy story about your OB! That's great that you're doing a home birth! I didn't even talk to my OB about switching because I knew she would say something, I just didn't schedule another appointment and faxed them the transfer papers, lol. I'm excited that my DDB is also doing a natural birth with midwives! We can support each other through it, I know I will need support to go natural! Only DH supports my decision, my whole family and everyone is completely opposite of me, I'm more of a "crunchy" mom. My step mom almost cried when I told her I was using a birth center, they all think my baby and I will die or something. Ugh. When I had DS I was induced, I was uneducated about a lot of things dealing with birth that I know about now, but also because he was leaving with the Army and I really wanted him here for the birth or I would be doing it alone. I was on full Pitocin and had my water broken and went natural that way for 14 hours! The Pitocin made my contractions a lot stronger, longer, and nearly back to back. I just needed the epidural but the midwives say if I went that long on Pitocin I'll have no problem going all natural. I don't really have a set birth plan, they seem pretty open and like they are actually caring and listening to what I'm saying so I will just talk to them about what I want and I'm sure things will go okay. Do you have a birth plan? What kind of stuff do you want/not want? I am REALLY hoping for a water birth! That's like the top of my list. I just want DH there, and I want to be checked by the midwives as little as possible. I will have music and probably have the lights low, maybe candles. Still working on my 'plan'

March 11th, 2013, 07:01 AM
This is very exciting to have a DDB wanting a very similar type of birth Its crazy about being on pit for that long without an epidural. When I was 16 when I gave birth to my first and I remember my mom telling me that by the time you think you cant handle the pain anymore that's when its time and baby is coming. That has been completely true for me...so try to remember that this time! It helped me a lot to know for 1 how strong I could be which is amazing and second that when I thought I couldn't take it anymore it would be time to finally push my baby out and meet him for the first time! With pushing naturally I find that when pushing the pain isn't bad because all your thinking about it pushing so hard...if that makes sense. Although my boys were out quick after pushing 18 min, and 24 minutes.

I dont really have a birth plan, with my first I wanted to squat so bad it was just what my body wanted...I didnt really understand what was happening and I told the nurses I had to go to the bathroom. They were hesitant but let me and I went in there sat on the toilet..but didn't feel right so ended up standing holding onto the sink not pushing hard but bearing down becuase it felt good..that sounds wierd I know! Now I understand what was happening and that I was pushing baby out but at the time I didnt. The nurses ended up coming in and making me lay down....I didnt want to move it hurt more to lay down! Then with Jace all I wanted to do was rock in a rocking chair and my water broke at a check at 6 cm, after that I wanted ice chips and to push on my back...mostly becuase once my water broke the urge to push was so intense that I didnt want to move.

You will do great with your natural delivery it is the best. I love how you can feel what your body is doing, when you need to push which helps get baby out faster, and when the baby is being born. You will love how you feel so strong afterwards like you can do anything! Plus afterwards you can get up go pee, brush your teeth, have a shower or anything else you want! Water births look cool, not my thing though. I love laboring in the water...I love being in the water in general though But I dont want to be in the tub with all the birth mess hahaha...I have some issues with that stuff though Although I bet if I was laboring in the water and then my water broke and the urge to push came I doubt I would move! My birth plan is to expect what I think I want to be different then what I actually want in labor. Both births were way different then I expected them to be...like who wants ice chips inbetween every push lol!

This is all so exciting we are almost halfway there! And a lot of babies will be born before 40 weeks....so in that case we are halfway of over halfway!

March 14th, 2013, 08:25 PM
That is a good thing to remember, thanks. I think it will be easier being at the birth center because I know an epidural is not even an option as opposed to trying to go natural in a hospital. I think after the birth was worse I just remember the next few days being horrible and hurting so bad to get up! I tore super bad and had like a million stitches and I just hope this baby is smaller! I definitely can't believe we are so far along already!

March 21st, 2013, 06:20 PM
I was lucky and didn't tear, so I have no experience with that. It must be super painful and annoying! I do remember the pain still and how sore and scared you are to go to the bathroom at all....but the peri bottle was helpful! i do remember the bad contractions after baby was born especially during nursing it would always make then start...not looking forward to any of that haha. I am super excited I get to go to my ultrasound on Monday and find out the gender Does this pregnancy seem to be going by so fast to you? It seems like its going really fast to me, I feel like I have so much to do and no desire to do anything! lol

March 24th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Yes! The peri bottle! I wrote down to ask my midwife what all they provide and I need to make a list and start getting this stuff. I had pads too that were.. Witch hazel (?) I think and they were amazing! That is so exciting you find out TOMORROW!!! pink It definitely seems to be going fast for me! I just have so much to do with Jakob keeping me busy! I have ben getting a lot of the baby stuff knocked out of the way though because I have this horrible nesting instinct kicking in already and things that are not done are stressing me out. I need to put new elastics in my cloth diapers and I did 3 and gave up for the day and my fingers were falling off, lol. Do you cloth diaper? I don't remember if you said you did or not.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search