Jessicag & BirdsWifey

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks like we are due date buddies! How are you doing and feeling?

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

February 21st, 2013, 06:36 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Yay both with baby girls!! I am still really tired!!! Guess chasing toddlers will do that haha! How are you?!

February 22nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Same! Tired and uncomfortable! I actually have a hard time bending over already! I also have a bit of a waddle which seems crazy to me! I am carrying so diffrent then I did with my son, it seems like everything is happening like 10 weeks earlier. LOL.

10-30-12

February 22nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Thank god it isn't just me LOL! I already feel awkward holding my 2 year old and bending and all kinds of other stuff! I was like wow it is way too early for this!!!

Have you decided what color you are painting the nursery?

February 28th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Soooo sorry! I suck at checking in this subforum! LOL

But I am actually thinking we are going to do blue! Which totally shocked me but it will look way better than pink and her room will still be super girly! LOL What about you guys? Have you bought any furniture or anything?

10-30-12

March 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Haha thats ok! Light blue sounds really pretty! Especially with your theme! I think we are actually going to do all gray. We were maybe going to do an accent wall with pink. Then we fell in love with a few large tree decals that have pink flowers. So I am thinking we will do a really pretty lighter grey and then do tons of pink accents and the bedding will be pink!

March 6th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Oh that sounds beautiful! I really love gray and pink together. Something about the color combo is just lovely!

Have you purchased any furniture yet? We have bought all of her furniture and have 80% of it up in her room already. We ordered her bedding but it takes 8-12 weeks :/ We decided to wait until we had her bedding to make a choice on the wall color though.

10-30-12

March 8th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Omg you are way ahead of me!! The furthest we have gotten is the room is cleared out haha! We will probably start picking everything up soon! My MIL has a gorgeous dresser she is giving us and we are actually going to paint it pink to break up the gray!

Our tickers moved to another baby today!!!!!! This is going fast! Although the last 3 weeks have seemed like an eternity haha.

March 8th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Well the only reason we did anythign is because we got our tax return! LOL So we ordered all of the big stuff and have been working on getting it put up now. It wouldnt have happened so quickly if we had not. hahaha.

But a pink dresser sounds fun! I bet it looks fantastic against the gray wall!

10-30-12

March 12th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Now that I got a second confirmation that it's a girl I am excited to really start shopping!

How are you feeling??? Do you guys have anything fun planned now that spring is coming?? Where do you guys live? We are in AZ so we are going to hit 90 this week and I doubt it will cool off again until fall!

March 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsWifey View Post
Now that I got a second confirmation that it's a girl I am excited to really start shopping!

How are you feeling??? Do you guys have anything fun planned now that spring is coming?? Where do you guys live? We are in AZ so we are going to hit 90 this week and I doubt it will cool off again until fall!
We got our second ultrasound confirmation the other day and it was SO nice! Like a huge weight lifted!

I am feeling alright, I am starting to have a hard time keeping my breath because Alice is so high up. I think this will be the pregnancy where I get kicked in the ribs. She is so much more active and higher so I am sure that will be fun! My son was pretty lazy and only ever really rolled, never did much kicking.

We live in Cheyenne Wyoming, well we live on FE Warren Air Force base but that is basically IN Cheyenne. LOL. Its snowing here right now, it has warmed up to the 50's at the highest so far but the winter storms keep coming through. This is our first year here after moving from the Mojave desert in California so it is a huge change! LOL We dont have much of anything planned, we were going to go home and visit family but DH just cant garuntee off time and has inspections in april and may so we will be here.

Have you guys made any fun purchases? We just picked out colors for Alice's bedding with the maker and gave the colors for the inside of her teacup shelf (will hod her diapers while she is in diapers!). The Teacup shelf is my favorite of our purchases so far!

And this is the painting we have that the colors in her room were based on

10-30-12

March 25th, 2013, 03:03 AM
I LOVE that shelf and the painting!!! We finally picked what we are doing! Shockingly her room will be a girly blue! I am so surprised at myself! Every accent including the dresser will be bright pink though haha! This is our plan...

We are going to do our version of this
Baby #3 a Girl!!!!!!!!! / Gorgeous baby girl room! katie_justice

So this will be the bedding. No quilt and I will also do a hot pink with white dot sheet to interchange. The bed skirt will be white and my MIL is going to sew a fun pink fabric on the bottom. Then we will make curtains in the same print.

Savannah Nursery Bedding | Pottery Barn Kids

This will be the tree. The flowers will be bright pink and the birds a light pink
Tree Wall Decals Chinoiserie Rose Tree Flower Girl by Lulukuku

Then we are going to do a gallery of shabby chic frames and one will have an F in it instead of doing her full name! The artwork will have a russian stacking doll and I am not sure what else yet!

March 25th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Oh thats SO CUTE! I love love love the bedding! I am a huge fan of florals, most Alice's diapers all all florals. So pretty! I really love the tree too!

We are stuck between blue/pink/green for Alice's room, we decided to wait until we had her bedding in hand to make the decision so we can make sure we pick the right option. Unfortunatly we are still 4-8 weeks away from getting her bedding. Boo But this is her bedding! We did some fabric changes, instead of doing the blue dot sheet, were doing pink dot, and the skirt is print, solid blue, pink dot. We also are using lighter colors for the pink and blue so it is more pastel-y.

http://img3.etsystatic.com/014/0/616...20539_69gv.jpg

This is her furniture! We have all of this already in her room, except for the night stand. Her room is really small (especially compared to our sons room) so we were kind of pressed for space (stupid base housing)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=12611474

Oh and she has this lamp and chandelier. I actually bought them when I was pregnant with Orion because I was *so sure* he was a girl

http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/524....269045464.jpg

http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/524....284771038.jpg

These are some other various things I want to get for her room

http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/560....190446902.jpg

http://img1.etsystatic.com/001/0/657...07281_l4eq.jpg

We dont have much wall space, but I know I want to find a way to put some wall letters up in either her name or at least her initial and I want a mirror. Once we have everything painted and can judge the colors we need to get a rug, curtains, and her clothes hamper.

I am so so so excited to see their rooms all done! Nursery's are probably my favorite part of pregnancy, I love to decorate and just have fun! I think both their rooms will be so pretty and girly!

Oh and I keep meaning to ask you, if your interested in being friends on facebook I can PM you the link to my account, or you can find it in the Facebook thread in Never Never Land!

10-30-12

March 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM
OMG I LOVE EVERYTHING!!! I definitely think we have the same taste! My MIL and Nonnie both quilt so I am obsessed with vintage fabrics and the bedding we chose reminds me of the 30s fabrics! I am going to have to get on etsy and start looking up accessory things! I love decorating too! I had a field day when we bought our house!

We can definitely be facebook friends! I'll go try to find the link and if I can't I'll PM you

I can't wait to see everything done in Alice and Finleys rooms! I am starting to feel a little stressed! I feel like I already had a huge go on at least picking things at this point the last two times. I feel like I haven't done anything and my last two babies came at 37 and 36 weeks!!!

March 25th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I agree we have amazingly similar taste! I love vintage fabrics and all the pretty florals! Her room will be super adorable! Very girly and pretty!My MIL is huge into sewing quilts and what not, and my good IRL friend makes super adorable baby clothes! Its so fun to have those types of things! I can sew but my time is limited with my son running around!

Etsy is seriously dangerous! I really love that website and can always manage to find 11 million tihngs I think I *need* LOL.

I feel behind too! Which sounds silly at the same time, I jus know its going to be like may/june when we get her bedding in and I would have loved to just have it all done sooner than that. However at the same time its something to focus and do during the lenth of the pregnancy which will be nice when I get stir crazy! LOL

Thats crazy that your babies come so early! So your looking at having a July baby!
I am going to have a repeat c section :/ I wanted to VBAC but my symptons with my heart have kept increasing at a steady level which just shows we are likely to have similar problems and its really safer to have another controlled section. I have no clue when they do cections here though, if they do them at 38 weeks Alice will be a July baby too!

How are you feeling as you get bigger? I am pretty short but have a tiny torso so I am huge already :/

10-30-12

March 25th, 2013, 09:53 PM
My MIL and her mom quilt and they are going to try to make a russian stacking doll quilt pattern and quilt for her! I am really excited! All the dolls will be done in the 30s fabrics!

I am looking at July! My first son is August 15th so it will actually work out nicely! Watch her come late lol! They were 9lbs and 8lbs that early so I am glad they came early haha! I am starting to ache now that I am bigger! I have fibromyalgia and bone and disc degeneration in my back so the second half is always rough! I am short and short torsoed too!!!! How are you feeling??

March 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
My son was 8lbs 3 ounces but that was at 39 weeks! LOL Thats crazy how big they were so early! I have friends from my last DDC and they like to say, a baby knows when its done. Some ovens cook slower and some faster but baby knows.

Thats crazy that you have Fibro! I do too! I was diagnosed when I was 11 and its really crappy. I have some days where I feel okay, others where I feel awful. I am still struggling with morning sickness and on medication but trying to come off the meds which is....fun. Alice also likes to get comfy in the worst positions, some days shes very inward and my pelvis feels like its about to tear apart and others shes so high I cant walkt around the house without heaving for breath! LOL

I love the idea of the russian stacking dolls quilt! It will be gorgeous!

10-30-12

March 28th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I was diagnosed when I was 15! I'm sorry you are still feeling crappy! I was super sick with my boys almost the whole pregnancy and it was no fun!

Did you guys decide on paint yet? We just ordered the bedding so I am hoping to pick paint next week when it gets here!!!

March 28th, 2013, 01:16 PM
We havent! I think I want to wait till her bedding gets here to pick, but her bedding is being made for us and we are still 4-8 weeks away from recieving it :/ I am thinking blue will be the color though since there is not much of it in her bedding.

Its so exciting that her bedding will be there so soon! I cant wait to see what you guys decide!

10-30-12

April 10th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Ahh sorry I went MIA!! We have been doing a refi on our house and so stressed and started a yard remodel on top of it! Then I ended up in the ER with a really bad fibro flare up!

How are you feeling?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search