Braxton Hicks already??

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 04:36 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 13 weeks now and this is my 5th baby, and they may happer sooner, but this early? Today- I had what I think are two really strong BH contractions. I did work out on the treadmill today, but at a very slow pace (about 2.5) for 30 minutes. I was sitting in my car when I had the ctrx. thinking I MIGHT be a little dehydrated (I'm always thirsty)... maybe I needed a little bit more water than I was drinking because I "worked out"...there is a small possibility it could have been gas pains, but I don't think so. I know what those feel like. I'm not having any spotting.. Anyone have any strong BH contractions??

February 21st, 2013, 05:47 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a painful thing like a contraction today, but oddly it wasn't concerning--maybe because it was only one (though it lasted maybe 30 seconds or longer, which made me take note of it). I do have to watch out because I dilate even from painless BH.
February 21st, 2013, 09:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is normal to feel them this early. I had one so strong it made me hot and my face flush.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

February 21st, 2013, 09:31 PM
mommymichael's Avatar I am strong.
YES!! I just had my first today! I'm 14.3 weeks and all I was doing was bending over kissing my kid for bedtime! It took my breath away from being so tight. Wasn't painful, just really super tight.
Wife, Mommy to Roan, Willem, Trillian & Baby #4 Due Aug 2013
February 21st, 2013, 09:32 PM
Super Mommy
Lurking from Sept DDC

I started feeling braxton hicks last week along with also being able to feel the baby move. I asked the midwife about it and she said its possible. I definitely think mine were from not being hydrated enough because I havent had any in the past two days since I started drinking more whereas I had like 15 in an hour the other day!

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 21st, 2013, 09:34 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had some here and there. I asked my peri about it and he said it was normal unless I was having them really frequently.

February 21st, 2013, 10:06 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well, that's good to know. I had two contractions, and they were strong enough that I wrote the first one down and the second was 13 minutes after the first. I am always drinking water, it's surprising how fast you can get dehydrated!!

February 22nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get them earlier with each pregnancy because I have an irritable uterus with my last baby they started around 12 weeks. Make sure you're drinking tons of water. That helped me not get them as much with my last baby.

February 22nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had them for a few weeks now. I get like 2-3 a day.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search