Allie & KeLLiC09

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 07:11 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're DDB's!

How are you feeling? I figured we could use this thread as a new "get to know you" just between us as well as sharing symptoms etc, since there are so many ladies here.

February 22nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling good! How are you feeling? So exciting you're having a boy! How are your symptoms?
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

February 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
Im pretty good though ive been really tired and hungry today! Im excited to have a boy, yes! It was what I originally was hoping for. I've never really had bad symptoms except for being tired and lately I've been getting these awful headaches towards the end of the day but that's about it. What about yours? When is your next ultrasound?
KeLLiC09 likes this.

February 22nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
I had evening nausea bad. It would hit me around dinner time so I didn't want to eat. I'm just tired all the time now. I'm usually in bed by 9:00-9:30pm every night lol I don't have another ultrasound until March 27th. I'll be 19w4d and I think that's my gender one. I hate having to wait but I can do it lol

February 22nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
lol I've been sneaking to bed earlier and earlier. It used to be 10, now then 9:30, then 9... LOL Sometimes I stay up later, especially on weekends, but during the week it's always between 8:45-9:30. And You know what? Since I've been going to bed earlier, and relaxing in bed about a half an hour before going to sleep, I've actually been sleeping through the night until like 6am! It's weird. Not sure if it's related. Maybe my body is just more relaxed. I used to wake up 3-4 times at least.

Aw, sorry you have to wait so long until your gender ultrasound, but it'll come soon enough. This pregnancy goes slowly and quickly for me at the same time! How about you? Sometimes my days seem slow, but the weeks go by fast like "wow, I'm already such and such weeks along" but during the weekdays it's like "aw, I'm only such and such weeks along..." lol!

February 23rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
If I'm busy then it seems like it goes quickly but other days it's going slow. I feel the same way. I'm 15 weeks today and I'm like OMG! That has gone by so fast and then during the week I'm like, oh, I'm only so and so many weeks along.

February 23rd, 2013, 01:23 PM
So do you have names picked out yet? Our boy is Kieran Todd. I love being able to call him by name. Sometimes I worry that it was just an umbilical cord and he's really a girl and we'll have to think of a new name and "bond" all over again. That'd be such a weird feeling.

February 23rd, 2013, 08:46 PM
We have ad girl name picked out but I'm kinda keeping quiet on it until we know the sex. Boy names we are having trouble with

February 27th, 2013, 07:38 AM
How are you feeling?

March 1st, 2013, 02:38 PM
Im good for the most part. I have a midwife appointment tonight at 6 but I think ill reschedule to mondat cuz im so tired! Lol what about you?

March 8th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Other than this cold or whatever it is, I'm okay. I sometimes don't feel like I'm even pregnant. I've been dealing with a sick kiddo who has the flu. That isn't fun. How did your appointment go?

March 8th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I didn't end up going to the appointment. We recently had to deal with an over 2 grand mechanic bill (and that was the cheapest possible place through the base I'm stationed at) and I had to tell the midwife it wouldn't be wise for us financially to take another $4,000 medical bill on top of the bill and car payments. That's alright though. I'd love to do a homebirth some day, but maybe it's better in a way to have my first birth in a hospital, just in case my body reacts in some weird way to birth. I know my mom said all her babies were pretty late (a week to two weeks) because she didn't dilate properly, even in labor and had to be induced. I'm hoping to avoid a "you're taking too long to have this thing" c-section or any drugs for that matter, but it could be for the best in the end. Especially since this way it's totally covered under our insurance, whereas the midwife was not.

How about you? Any appointments lately? Feeling any movement yet?

March 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Geez girl, I'm sorry I have my doctors appt. next Wednesday and then the 27th I go for my anatomy ultrasound. I am feeling more movement now. Are you feeling any movement yet?

And we've decided on names! If it's a boy, Mason Jacob and if it's a girl, Aubree Sophia.
Allie_SMg likes this.

March 24th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Sorry it took so long to reply, sometimes I forget to check this thread. I work full time (and overtime) and when I get home I write for a bit (I love writing fiction), and go to bed. So I haven't been as active as I should be.

I sometimes think I feel distinct movement, but it's not quiet there enough for me to be positive. It's been about 2-3 weeks of weird feelings every once in a while though. I can't wait until it's more distinct. That's great that you're feeling it too!

Ooh, I love those names! Mason is really cute and Aubree (spelled that way) was on my top 5 for girls. At one point, it was a top 2! Sophia is gorgeous too. That was somewhere on my list as well, but we never got to the point of seriously discussing it. I've kinda felt boy vibes the whole time because of old wives tales.

I can't wait to see what your anatomy scan has to say! Are you hoping either way?
KeLLiC09 likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I go Wednesday for my anatomy scan. I can't wait! I feel like it's a girl but no matter what, I'll be happy with either as long as it's healthy. I sometimes forget about this part of the board too. I've just been crazy busy with work and then with all the house repairs we've had to do the past couple of days.

I'm feeling the movement more in the evening when I want to settle down lol Did you get everything straightened out with your car?

March 27th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Congrats on your little Mason!

I've been feeling for sure movement the last 3 days. So exciting!

Ugh, our car is a load of crap. We basically have to pay the mechanic for the labor he's already done and then eat the cost for the entire vehicle (about $5500) and scrap the stupid thing. It would cost about $4000 to fix it on top of the $5500 we owe and it's so not worth it. It sucks that we have to lose out on so much money, especially with a dealership that had worked with the base for, but that's the last time I'm signing an "as is" contract for a used car. UGH.

April 1st, 2013, 08:13 AM
Yay for movement! It took me about as long as you to really feel movement with Nate. With Mason I was more in tune with what to feel for. I've noticed Mason's movements have gone from little flutters to move noticeable kicks, although, I still can't feel them outside of the belly lol I have to go back on the 8th for another anatomy scan I guess it's called because he was being a wiggle worm and wouldn't hold still for the tech to get pics of his spine. Hopefully the next tech will be a little nicer and more patient.

I'm sorry about your car. I've worked in 2 dealerships before and I've seen the shady stuff they do just to make a sale. Although, that has helped us when buying cars. I bought a used VW Routan minivan last April and knew what to tell them, how to figure stuff out, etc. from being at dealerships. New cars you don't have too much to worry about. Hubby bought a new Hyundai Elantra and it has a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty on it. We love both of our cars. Do you all have a lemon law out there? In MD we have a law that if someone sells you a "lemon" you have a right to get your money back.

April 15th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Allie!!! How are you doing?

April 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I'm good! I'm so sorry that this took so long. I have hardly been on here lately, but don't worry. I won't drop off completely. I still check up on everyone. I have just been SO tired lately and work is just really draining me. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll get to switch my shifts to 6 hours instead of 9-10 and I'll be able to be on here more.

Kieran has been kicking up a storm lately! And I also feel huge, even though I still haven't gained weight. lol How are you?
KeLLiC09 likes this.

May 8th, 2013, 10:19 AM
I've been wondering about you Mason has been moving around a lot too. He especially likes kicking my bladder lol. I feel huge too! I'm really uncomfortable lately.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search