Crock pot meals

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What is your favorite crock pot meal?

February 22nd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
This Skinny Taste Crock Pot Kalua Pork It is SOOOOOOO good! I serve the shreded pork in butter lettuce leaves with some iron chef sesame garlic sauce and pineapple rice. My absolute favorite!

DH's favorite is Skyline Chili

Mom to four beautiful girls

February 22nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Either chicken posole or taco soup!

February 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a few....

I will cook a pork tenderloin in about 1/2 cup apple juice and Pampered Chef BBQ seasoning, for about 6 hours then shred it and add bbq sauce and serve it on Kaiser rolls.

Roast: take a packet of italian dressing seasoning, a packet of ranch dressing seasoning, 1/4 cup water mixed together, and then put a roast on it and cook for 8 hours. Serve the gravy mixture over mashed potatoes. YUM!

Buffalo chicken dip. Two chicken breasts, cook till done, shred, add in 2 packages cream cheese, bottle of ranch, bottle of Frank's red Hot sauce, cook for a couple more hours and serve with pita bread or veggies.
February 23rd, 2013, 07:20 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These are my favorite two recipies right now.. I love my crock pot meals!!

Shredded buffalo chicken sandwiches: cook time about 5-6 hours

1bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle of Franks Buffalo wings sauce
1 packet of ranch seasoning

bread rolls
ranch dressing
celery (optional)

I stick the bag of chicken in my slow cooker (usually about 6 breasts), dump the bottle of franks buffalo wings sauce (be careful not to get the "hot" wing sauce unless you like it SUPER spicy) and then sprinkle the packet of ranch seasoning on top. I let it cook for about 4.5 hours on low then take it out to shred up, put back in the sauce, and cook for an additional hour (or more if you arent ready to serve yet). I put it on soft round bread rolls from the bakery with ranch dressing on top.. served with celery on the side. It can be used for leftovers, frozen, or put in other things like wraps or whatever you want.. It is a relatively healthy meal.

Chicken Adobo: cook time: 5 hours

1 bag skinless, boneless chicken breast (or thighs/whatever type you like- traditionally it is thighs but I prefer breast)
2 onions cut into quarters and sliced very thin
2tsp minced garlic
1-2tsp ginger powder (or a 5 inch piece of fresh ginger cut into 1 inch pieces to be removed at the end)
3/4 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of rice vinegar (I use white vinegar usually and it comes out good)
1tbsp of sugar
1/2tsp black pepper

serve on top of rice

I first slice up the onions really thin and put them in the slow cooker on low, then I put the minced garlic and ginger on top and mix it in well. In a separate bowl I mix up the sugar, pepper, soysauce, and vinegar with a whisk. I spread the chicken out in as even of a layer that I can on top of the onions then pour the soysauce/vinegar mixture on top of that.. Cover and let cook for about 4 hours. Then just take two forks and separate the chicken some into large bite sized pieces. Cook for another hour (or more if you want- can't really burn it in the slow cooker)

about 20 minutes before I am ready to eat, I start the rice in a rice cooker. I like it on Jasmine Rice. It can also be used as leftovers (I bring it to work for lunches).. If you do store it as leftovers, it is best to store the rice and chicken separate so all the sauce doesn't absorb into the rice.
yvee80 likes this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
February 23rd, 2013, 09:18 PM
Melissa I am soooo making those buffalo chicken sandwiches this week, they sound so good!! How spicy does it end up being? I'm trying to figure out if I could get my kids to eat it or if I should make them a backup that night lol!

February 23rd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
Melissa I am soooo making those buffalo chicken sandwiches this week, they sound so good!! How spicy does it end up being? I'm trying to figure out if I could get my kids to eat it or if I should make them a backup that night lol!
My mom can't tolerate spicy and she loves them.. Just make sure to get the regular franks buffalo wing sauce and not hot buffalo (which is too spicy for sandwiches).. And you can use less of the sauce to where it just barely coats it.. You can add more sauce later. If need be, you can put some aside and mix ranch dressing into it then top with ranch to weaken it for the kids if they can tolerate a little spicy. I've been craving spicy this whole pregnancy.
mamalamb likes this.

February 23rd, 2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks! Yum, I can't wait!!

February 24th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This all sounds great. I like cooking BBQ chicken breast or tenderloin in the crockpot. Just add chicken and sauce, cook for 4-6 hours depending on heat setting.

Keep the recipes coming ladies.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
February 24th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i need more that isn't chicken. This baby does not like chicken.
February 24th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I have a ham and potato soup that I make that can be made on the stove OR in the crockpot, it's great! I'll try to copy and paste it off my pinterest later when I can use the actual computer and not my phone lol

February 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yummy recipes ladies!

I'm a big pork tenderloin fan. quick and easy and add bbq sauce and dinner is done!

I also love roast chicken. I stuff 4 lemon quarters in it and several sprigs of fresh rosemary and cook for about 8 hours. When its done, the flavors are immense.

Alos love doing acorn squash in the crockpot (use a liner!). Cut an acorn squash in half then put a few knobs of butter in each half and around the edges. sprinkle with cinammon and brown sugar and add diced granny smith apples. Cook for approx 2 hours on low or until squash is tender. Its delicious!
yvee80 likes this.

February 24th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I LOVE roast chicken, too, I've never tried it in the crockpot though! Does the skin get all gummy or is it still yummy like when you do it in the oven? I will defintely have to try that!!

February 24th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
I LOVE roast chicken, too, I've never tried it in the crockpot though! Does the skin get all gummy or is it still yummy like when you do it in the oven? I will defintely have to try that!!
roast chicken in the crock pot comes out kind of like rotisserie chicken in my opinion.. It falls right off the bone and is infused with tons of flavor!! I forgot about that. I havent done a whole chicken in a while as I cant stomach pulling out the insides while pregnant.
mamalamb and yvee80 like this.

February 25th, 2013, 12:21 PM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colliekat View Post
Yummy recipes ladies!

I'm a big pork tenderloin fan. quick and easy and add bbq sauce and dinner is done!

I also love roast chicken. I stuff 4 lemon quarters in it and several sprigs of fresh rosemary and cook for about 8 hours. When its done, the flavors are immense.

Alos love doing acorn squash in the crockpot (use a liner!). Cut an acorn squash in half then put a few knobs of butter in each half and around the edges. sprinkle with cinammon and brown sugar and add diced granny smith apples. Cook for approx 2 hours on low or until squash is tender. Its delicious!
I've always cooked my acorn squash in the oven, never even thought about the crockpot with apples!! I must try this!! Thanks!!
Colliekat likes this.
February 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Crockpot Potato Soup: (Stolen from Pinterest like almost all of my recipes LOL)

1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
3 14oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free. It WON’T melt!!!}

In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until melted. Serve with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, etc
Colliekat and yvee80 like this.

February 27th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
The skin won't be as crispy as the oven would get it, but I'm not a skin person so it doesn't bother me

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemoremakesfour View Post
I've always cooked my acorn squash in the oven, never even thought about the crockpot with apples!! I must try this!! Thanks!!
It is seriously the most delicious thing ever created! I'm a huge squash fan, be it acorn or butternut or other!

February 27th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Here's another one I saw on Pinterest. I haven't made it yet, so I can't vouch for if it is good or not, but it sounds good and I will definitely be trying it!!

General Tso's Crockpot Chicken:

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 tsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like hot)
1 16-oz package stir fry veggies

Place chicken in crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients (except veggies), mix well and pour over chicken. Cook on low 5-6 hrs. Then add frozen veggies. Recover and cook on high for 1 hr or until veggies are hot and chicken has reached desired tenderness. Serve over rice.
yvee80 likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 11:02 AM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
Quote:
I'm going to make these this weekend too!!
March 1st, 2013, 08:19 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I posted this... but I don't know if I did, or where... so I'll post it again. lol

1 - 1.5lb chicken
3/4 cup brown rice uncooked
1 jar of salsa
1 can of black beans
1/2 packet of taco seasoning (more or less depending on what you like)
Cook on low 8-10 hours. Mine is usually in there for 12, so I tend to put the chicken in frozen since I know it will be cooking long enough.

When I get home from work I add a cup of shredded cheese and a cup of sour cream and mix it up. I then serve it with tortillas as tacos or burritos. I usually use the leftovers for nachos.
onemoremakesfour likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search