~~SmilesAreContagious - AprylLynn~~

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi new due date buddy!

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
February 23rd, 2013, 10:41 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Hello!!!! How is your pregnancy treating you so far?
February 24th, 2013, 06:07 AM
This week Im feeling much better. Nausea is gone and not getting sick. Could use some energy though!
How are you doing over there

February 25th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Do you have any appointments coming up this week?

February 25th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Im glad things have let up for you. Ive been the opposite, my nausea went away for a week or so but now its back. Ive been throwing up and its been yucky. Im having a hard time keeping water down so Im getting dehydration headaches. NO FUN! With my son things let up around 16-18 weeks and Im only 13 so Ive got a bit to go.

I dont have an appt until the 7th. That will just be a routine OB check up. I havent scheduled my next ultrasound but I do plan to have an elective ultrasound at 15 weeks to get a peek at the gender.

What about you? When is your next appt? Do you know what you are having yet?
February 25th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I hope it eases up on you soon thats no fun at all. I have an ultrasound on wed to check the status of the blood spot. Then I have my regular ob appointment on the 7th as well. Ill find out when the big u/s is on wed. Ill be just about 14 weeks wed so if they dont scheduled me for the big one by 16 weeks Im going to go do the elective one. I have no patients I want to know what this baby is now! Lol.
Im thinking its going to be a boy. My gut was right with my son and daughter. Is it possible my gut could be right again? I feel like Im going to be wrong this time because what are the chances of being right 3/3. This pregnancy is a lot like my daughters though since Ive been really sick just like with her. But something keeps telling me boy.
Do you have any feelings on what you are having? Or what your hoping to have (besides healthy of course)?

February 26th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Tomorrow is the big day!! I hope they schedule your big ultrasound! I cant wait either, especially if there is a place I can go to find out. Thankfully, there is an ultrasound school near me what does ultrasounds for free as long as you are over 15 weeks. So it will cost me nothing!

Do you prefer a boy or girl? We really really want this one to be a girl for several reasons. The number one being that my MIL passed away in October so it would be awesome to name her Alison after her grandma. Another reason (petty, I know) is my FIL is a arse. He thinks he knows everything and has said "we dont make girls in this family" so I want to be able to say HAHAHA to him. LOL And well although I want four children I think it would be cool to have a boy and girl right out of the gate.

Make sure you update on how your ultrasound goes tomorrow. Do you think they will try to look at gender?
February 27th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Wow that is great. I wonder if we have anything like that around here. 6 more hours til my appointment. I am so excited! I really dont expect to find out the gender today but I love watching baby wiggle around in there. Finding out the gender would be a bonus though!
Im sorry about your mil Would be very sweet of you guys to name baby after her. Im sure she would love that. Also would be cool to prove your fil wrong! Hehe.
I will definitely update as soon as I get home.

So what shows are you into?

February 28th, 2013, 04:45 AM
The appointment went good. Baby is very wiggly. DH got out work early so he got to go with me which was nice. No gender guess from them but when they had the butt shot area i swear i saw boy parts. But it may have been the cord? I have to wait for them to call back and let me know how everything looked, which is annoying. I hate that they cant just tell me while I am there and have me wait for a call. I didnt see them measuring a spot again like last time so maybe the blood spot is gone? But they were taking pictures of a line in there which they said could be the c-section scar. Hopefully they call soon and dont have me waiting all day. Im so anxious.

March 10th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Im so sorry I have been a horrible DDB! Im sure the doctors have gotten back to you by now. How did all of that turn out? Im so glad your DH got to go with you. My SO actually got to go with me this past time as well. I love the support of having your loved one there.

Would you be excited for a boy? How are you guys doing with names? Do you guys usually pick a name before baby comes or wait till the baby is born?

I am actually a reality TV lover. I DVR Shark Tank, Undercover Boss, Teen Mom (although the show has become more annoying than anything), Millionaire Matchmaker, and my guilty one is Bachelor. What shows do you follow?

What kind of music do you like? What do you do for yourself, on your free time?
March 11th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Lol its okay I understand life gets really busy. I would love to have another boy! I dont really prefer or hope one gender over the other. I guess since I have one of each I dont really mind We have talked about names but DH wants to wait til we find out the gender before he really gets into it. I really like the name Mason for boy and Kaylee for girl. Hes not to big a fan of Mason though. With the last two we talked about names before we found out but pretty much settled on the name the day we found out. I was so sure Tyler was a boy and ALyssa was a girl that I just started calling them it before the u/s. This time Im a bit iffy. My gut has said boy from beginning but Im doubting my instincts because what is the chance of being right all three times lol.
I love reality tv too! I watch undercover boss, teen mom, xfactor, I know there is more im missing too.
I also really like pretty little liars, switched at birth, and secret life american teenager.
I agree that teen mom has gotten really annoying this season.

I havent really been listening to, too much tv since Im locked up in the house all day. I do like country music and the latest I guess pop-rock kinds of music.

Free time ... good question. I guess just watch tv. I really want to learn to sew! I bough a machine last year, used it twice and packed it away because I cant figure it out. I did find a place down the street that you can bring your machine in and they teach you how to use it and make different things so I would really love to do that. When I do have time I like to make bows for Alyssa. They dont come out GREAT but not to bad.

How about yourself? What kinds of music are you into? What do you do in your freetime? How have you been feeling? Have you felt any movement?

March 11th, 2013, 12:08 PM
We seem like we'd get along great IRL! I also love country, and sometimes listen to pop and alternative rock. In my free time I love to paint pictures. Im not the best drawer but I usually can grid a picture and basically blow it up by drawing one grid at a time and then paint it, one day Ill attempt a mural.

Ive been feeling decent. It seems that every other day is good or crappy. I have one great day where I feel full of energy and then the next I cant keep anything down so Ive relied on my zofran.

I keep thinking I feel little tiny things but Im not sure if its baby for sure or not. Have you been feeling anything? When is your next appointment?

Im super bummed. I was supposed to go to that ultrasound school to see if we could see the gender, however they dont have students right now so they arent doing ultrasounds. Im having insurance issues and Im afraid that because of that I wont get my anatomy scan until around 25 weeks so Im super anxious to know what Im having. Plus Ive been having TMI constipation and gas problems (I think because of the Zofran) and have been super crampy. Im assuming is tummy problems and not baby but Id love to see the baby and know that its ok.
March 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I agree we would be great irl friends! That is pretty cool that you can paint! I have no drawing/painting skills what so ever.
Sometimes I think I feel a flutter but not 100% sure. Next appointment is the 14th for yet another u/s. The blood spot is gone but they just wanted to recheck the scaring from the other two c-sections. I swear I am at the doc literally every week. But I dont mind seeing baby again Wish they would just tell me what the baby is instead of making me wait. The tech there is no fun she is all about check this and that and done. I made a elective 3d appointment for the 23rd! I can not wait! Then on april 4th I have the big u/s at the doctors and after they do the spying on baby thing they will do the check up as well.

That really stinks that they dont have any students there And that you have to wait. Boo! Is there any other schools around that do the same? I cant wait to find out what your having too!

I been crampy too but I notice its on days that I dont drink to much water. So Im trying to keep up with that. Last week I was so constipated I was crying in the bathroom. I was about to call the doctor cause I was going on 4 days without being able to "go". Was miserable.
Can you tell the doctor that you are nervous and would feel better seeing the baby?

March 12th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I bet youre starting to feel baby! I swear I felt the baby having hic-ups yesterday. Is it too soon for that? lol But it was definitely baby and it was rhythmic. I felt one other movement yesterday that I knew without a doubt was the baby.

Im glad they are being so careful with you. But that stinks about the ultrasound person. I always try to find something in common with the person who does mine so that we become 'friends' and they will answer my questions. LOL. I found out the girl who has done my two that Ive had is from my home town. Next time in am supposed to go to a perinatologist so who know if they will be strictly business. Id like to think that anyone who gets into the baby business would be just as excited as the expecting mother but some are just cold. :/

Im glad you were able to go. I hadnt gone in over a week and my tummy was hurting me so bad. I finally took a stool softener and was able to go today. That is one thing I HATE about being pregnant. I feel like our bodies are making us practice pushing.

My current OB is a jerk. He doesnt listen to anything I say. I had to call and beg for Zofran. This was on a Thursday, they said they wouldnt give it to me without coming in so I said ok can I come in today or tomorrow they said no, not until Tuesday when they have walkins. I finally had to go off on them and explain that not only am I pregnant but I am still nursing and its so so so important for me to keep my food and water down so they finally sent a Rx over the phone. My OB office also does not have an ultrasound machine so they have to send me somewhere else so if I called all they would do is make me come in to listen on the doppler, and I have a doppler here. Although I havent used it in a while.

Im so excited you are going for a 3D scan! Im sure they can tell you gender then! Even though it seems forever away! I was looking online and found a place that does gender scans at 14+ weeks for $40 so I think we might pinch our pennies on other things and spend the money. I cannot wait lol. I was just telling my mom that if I get past 25 weeks without knowing that I would just decide to be team green at that point.

Where are you from? Do you still live there now? How did you meet DH?
March 12th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Sounds like you were feeling hic ups I love that feeling. I love it when you can feel around and can tell where the butt is and see their body moving across your belly. I have an awesome video of my son moving around. Makes me tear every time I look at it.
I agree you would think an u/s tech would get all excited and into what they are doing but this woman is blank and boring. With my daughter the tech was great she was showing me everything and talking about everything she had up on the screen I liked her but we moved far far away so cant go back
I agree pregnancies are really tough on the bathroom stuff. I always feel like baby is going to come on out too.
Your doc sounds like a nightmare how insensitive of them to not let you come in when your not feeling good. I dont understand you would think because they are doctors of pregnant people that they would be extra cautious. They know they are dealing with people who arent feeling good, are under a lot of stress and worry about themselves and baby. Makes sense for them to be a little bit more sympathetic and want to make you feel a little better. Sorry you doc is being a butt head.
I hope you guys can come up with the money and get to do the 3d u/s. Im not patient now I need to know what your having too lol.

We are originally from NJ we lived their all our lives up til last august. We moved up to MA. We spent a year and a half looking for a house in jersey and had a hard time finding one in our price range that wasnt run down. Rocky applied for a bunch of jobs up here and got a great job offer. We talked about it and felt like it was the best idea to move up here. Its really important for me to be a sahm and living in jersey we would both need to work. The daycare costs would pretty much be my whole salary so we were really stuck with what to do. Eventually we just took the plunge. He moved up here and stayed with his brother while looking for a house. I stayed in jersey and we only saw him on weekend. It was really hard. But he found us this house and I love it. Moving up here was the best thing Im so glad we chose to do so. He actually found an even better job and although we are not rolling in tons of money its nice to be able to pay bills.
We met in circuit city. I worked in the movies and music department and he worked in the car section. When we first met we were both in other relationships but when we were both single we were to shy to talk to each other. I had a silly school girl crush on him for 2 year and he had one on me. Then in dec 08 we started hanging out and our feelings were soon shown and few months later we were pregnant with Tyler Not exactly the fairytale type romance but we both "just knew" sort of thing.
How about yourself. Where are you from? How did you meet your s/o?
How old are your little ones. If I remember correct (please forgive if Im wrong you know preggo brain) you have a boy and a girl ?

March 13th, 2013, 04:40 PM
My doctor is a nightmare. Im trying to switch to a new one but VBAC is so so important to me so its harder to find an OB that supports VBAC and delivers at a hospital that allows them.

Ive been feeling little movements here and there so that been exciting. Have you felt anything yet?

Oh wow! Being willing to move like that is very brave but Id do the same thing to be able to stay home with my kids. Thats really cool. Nick and I actually worked together at well at a transit company in the mechanic area. I did paperwork and he repaired vehicles. I actually thought he was annoying lol and said yes when he asked me out only because I thought "hey why not, we are just friends." I finally let my wall down and here we are three years later. We got together in March 2010, but arent married and dont really plan on it (Long story I wont post in public).

I am from California. I was born and raised in a small town called Glendora and actually still live here today. Its a nice quite family town and Im looking forward to having my kids grow up here.

Nick and I have Carson (boy) who is 14 months old. He has been a handful. He was born with a 'broken heart' and required surgery at 3 days old and again at 5 months. We thought he wasnt going to need a third surgery until he was 2 or 3 so we were TTC so that this baby would be old enough to stay with grandma while he had his surgery. However, now he is facing surgery within the next 5 months so it will probably be around baby time. I talked to his cardiologist and she is saying that they can schedule it before. He will have a sedated echo (ultrasound of his heart) may 15th and then we will schedule it from there.

What about you, how old are your kids? What are their names? Is this your last baby? How many do you want?
March 13th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I dont blame you for not liking your doctor. I hope you get your vbac!!! Im having another c-section which Im not happy about but I know I have to just suck it up.

Moving was definetly very scary. Rockys brother lives up here but they dont talk. His mom lives up here but she is over an hour away and we dont see her very often (hehe) so its just us. I miss being able to just drive 5 mins to go see my family but we had to do what is best for our little family and I dont regret it one bit.

That is cute how you guys ended up together. Its okay if you dont marry I never wanted to get married EVER because I didnt really have a good example of what a marriage was supposed to be like. My parents fought and fight all the time and hate being together yet just deal with it. So to me marriage was a negative thing. But Rocky for some reason made me feel like it wouldnt be a bad thing. So far so good lol.

That pretty cool that your in the same place. In jersey I grew up in a small town too. Thats what we are in now also. This is a small quiet town I love it. Not to busy .

I love that name Carson! That is so scary about his heart! Ill keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Hate when little ones are hurting and need to go through all that. He is to young to have to deal with it. Im so sorry. He sounds like a really strong little guy thats for sure! Hope everything with the surgery and healing will be taken care of before baby comes so you can feel comfortable having baby without to much worry. Your a strong mommy too thats for sure.
What is Carson into? Does he have a favorite show?

We have Tyler who turned 3 in dec Alyssa who turned 2 in jan and this baby
I want to have one more biological baby but not for a LONG LONG time lol. My uterus needs a break. However we did start working on our foster care licence before ttc this baby. It is on hold right now because I dont want to overload us. Between my doc appointments and the kids and taking care of the house ect I cant imagine fostering at the moment. We are thinking when this baby is about a year old or so that we will finish our licence. Our goal is foster-adopt. Id love to have 6 kids. 4 bio 2 adopted. Of course if after this baby we feel like money cant be stretched anymore than we would stop until we feel financially secure and Id be okay with that too.
Will this be your last baby?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search