Lucyinthesky88 and Keisthen

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 11:22 PM
Veteran
Hey there! It looks like we're due date buddies My name is Cassie and I'm 14 1/2 weeks pregnant with our first baby. We find out what we're having on April 5th... I CANNOT wait! So excited to get to know you! I would love to know more about how you're doing/feeling!
February 25th, 2013, 05:22 PM
First time mommy
Hi! my name is Kama. Im currently 15 weeks and 2 days, its my first baby but not my boyfriends. I wont be able to find out what we are having until April 8th. I'm super pumped too. I'm doing pretty good, most people are shocked at how fast I started showing but apparently my mom started to show really early too. How have you been doing with your pregnancy?
February 25th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Veteran
I'm so glad to hear that you're doing good! I'm not gonna lie, this pregnancy has been rough so far. I have never been so sick in my entire life. I've had morning sickness pretty much all day, every day since I found out at five weeks. You hear that it gets better (usually) by 12 weeks, but I'm 15 weeks now and it's not showing any signs of letting up. Crossing my fingers that it starts to, though Other than that, it's been good. I don't feel like I'm showing too much yet, I feel like I just look bloated. LOL.

That's exciting that this is both of our firsts! Have you done much planning/buying yet? For us, we'll probably wait to buy anything until we find out what we're having on April 5th Do you and your boyfriend have a hope for whether this baby will be a boy or girl?

I'm really excited to get to know you better, Kama!
February 26th, 2013, 06:20 PM
First time mommy
wow thats horrible about the morning sickness, mine wasnt bad at all as long as i always had food in my stomach. We havent bought anything yet, we are waiting to find out the gender. It doesnt really matter to me if its a boy or a girl as long as the babys healthy and doesnt have any sharp edges lol. my boyfriend really wants a boy though. He has a daughter from a previous relationship so i understand. My mom is really excited, this is her first grandchild too. Shes been sewing up a storm. Well hopefully the morning sickness lets up for you soon. Will you,family members or friends be making anything homemade for your new addition? Have you thought about names, or themes for your nursey at all?
February 26th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Veteran
Yeah it's been rough, but I really can't complain. I'm just so excited to be a Mom My husband won't admit it, but I know he is secretly hoping for a boy. He's very outdoorsy so I know he wants a son he can take fishing and do boy stuff with. I'm like you, I just want the baby to be healthy. I have noticed that a lot of the stuff I have looked at has been girly, so maybe subconsciously I am thinking this might be a girl? My mother in-law is very crafty so she'll be making a crib bedding set for me with fabrics that I choose. A lot of the themes I've thought of have been girly, so if it's a boy I'll be starting from square one. My mom used to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to me when I was little, and I kinda want to do the same for my baby so I was thinking of doing a loosely based theme on that. I'm also a huge Beatles fan and was thinking of doing an "All You Need is Love" theme. They have some cool stuff on Etsy for what I was thinking.

As far as names go, I have thought of a few... but we have an odd last name and I feel like nothing goes with it! It's driving me nuts!

What about you? Nursery plan/themes? Names?

And when do you get to find out gender?
March 1st, 2013, 10:09 PM
First time mommy
well as for themes i tend to be looking at boy stuff. theres so many cute ideas, i was thinking like cute dragons and castles. But we cant find anything in that theme, i also like a jungle theme, its pretty cute. We've already picked out names for a boy or girl. Took some convincing on the girls name, i just kept repeating it over and over until my bf liked it lol. For a boy his name will be Seth Alexander and for a girl Aria Madison. I wont find out the gender until the ultrasound on april 8th, hopefully baby will be willing to shows us. im crossing my fingers. Where I live the hospital doesnt have the equipment for an ultrasound and they arent equiped for births either, so i have to travel pretty far for it. Luckily I have a good career and the company i work for covers travel for medical. Living in canada all my medical is covered too. Do you have to travel far for your medicals or are they close to where you live?
March 10th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Veteran
Hi due date buddy! Sorry it took so long to reply -- these last couple of weeks have been crazy busy! I have to say that I love the names you've picked out! I absolutely love the name Aria -- very pretty and unique I also really like the themes that you're thinking! Hopefully your LO won't be she about showing you what he/she is at your ultrasound, wishing you lots of luck! That's a bummer that you don't have a hospital/facility closer to where you live and you'll have to travel to deliver -- are you planning on going into labor naturally or being induced? Luckily, we have quite a few different facilities near where I live. I actually work at a hospital about 10 minutes from where I live, but I plan to deliver at a hospital about 30 minutes away due to the fact that the hospital that I work at doesn't have a NICU on site. Obviously I'm hoping/anticipating my deliver goes off without a hitch, but it makes me feel more comfortable being at a facility that routinely cares for babies/mothers with complications. That is wonderful that you have a great career with benefits and everything What kind of work do you do? Have you had any difficulty working so far being pregnant? One of my most difficult struggles so far has been working... I'm a registered nurse and I work 3- 12 hour shifts a week (usually three in a row). Being on my feet for 12 hours, working nights and experiencing this morning sickness has been one of the hardest things I've ever done. Especially because I feel like I can't give my patients 100% when I feel like crap. Luckily, this morning sickness seems to be improving slightly... but we'll see if it stays that way Hope you're doing well, due date buddy
March 12th, 2013, 06:14 PM
First time mommy
Hey! I'm doing good. Felt baby kick for the first time yesterday and now he/she is kicking up a storm. Ive been doing a lot of training at work for the passed couple of month so its been pretty good for me. Dont spend much time up on my feet. But i do study a lot. I usually work shift work as well but with all my training i havent been. I'm glad to hear that the morning sickness is getting better for you. Im hoping i go into labour naturally and im hoping for a vaginal birth as well, its better for baby and me. I completely agree with you on being sure that your delievery is at a facility that can handle everything just to be on the safe side. Oh and dont worry about getting back to me right away i fully understand that life can get busy at times. I'm getting really excited because in less than a month we both get to find out the genders of your little sweethearts. I checked out the website you had mentioned and theres so many great ideas on there. Have you started to make any purchases for your nursery yet? I'm going to wait until after the ultrasound.

oh yes! and i forgot to answer one of your questions, I'm a station operator at a hydro electric station way up north in manitoba canada. As well as training to be an electrician. I love my job! We supply a lot of the electricity to the U.S.
April 8th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Veteran
Hey there, due date buddy! It's been awhile! I hope you're doing well. I wanted to touch bases with you and see how everything has been. How are you feeling? Any recent appointments or updates? I am happy to report that my nausea has completely subsided! I only get nauseated now (for the most part) when I don't eat for long periods of time... although that is rare considering that I now have an insatiable appetite. I can't count how many times my husband has rolled over in bed and caught me eating cereal at 2 in the morning. Seriously... all the time We also found out on Friday that we are having a boy!! I can hardly believe it (still!) because I was so sure this baby was going to be a girl. I was wrong!! But we are thrilled to be having a little guy I hope everything is well with you Update when you get a chance
April 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
First time mommy
Hey Cassie! things are going great for me. Still getting huge lol Had our first ultrasound this morning but they dont tell you the gender. They can write it in your chart and your doctor can tell you tho. So i am going to have to wait a few more days to find out. Also at our ultrasound this morning we found out that we are expecting twins. I think I'm still in shock and i know my boyfriend is too. But im still very excited and very scared all at once. I'm glad your done with your morning sickness and youve got your appetite back. Your little one still has some serious growing to do. Have you made any purchases for your nursery yet now that you know your getting a little guy? Im very excited for you
April 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Veteran
Twins!! How exciting and I'm sure quite a shock! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing great How are you taking the anticipation of waiting to find out the sex of your babies? This pregnancy has made my lack of patience even worse so I don't know if I could handle the wait. Lol. Yes, I am so glad the morning sickness is over... I hope I stay nausea free the rest of this pregnancy! We haven't purchased anything for the nursery yet except for our furniture and rocker, but we know which bedding set we're going to get.

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/pr...li8307bed.html

How about you? Any purchases for nursery yet or neutral clothing? So excited to find out if you're having girls, boys, or one of each
April 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Veteran
Twins!! How exciting and I'm sure quite a shock! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing great How are you taking the anticipation of waiting to find out the sex of your babies? This pregnancy has made my lack of patience even worse so I don't know if I could handle the wait. Lol. Yes, I am so glad the morning sickness is over... I hope I stay nausea free the rest of this pregnancy! We haven't purchased anything for the nursery yet except for our furniture and rocker, but we know which bedding set we're going to get.

Willow Bedding by Kidsline - Baby Crib Bedding - 8307bed

How about you? Any purchases for nursery yet or neutral clothing? So excited to find out if you're having girls, boys, or one of each
April 11th, 2013, 05:44 PM
First time mommy
I'm still waiting to find out the genders before we making any purchases as far as crib sets and clothes. I did find a few items we were going to order but some of them have now changed since finding out about the twins. Its driving me nuts not knowing. In about 3 weeks ill be going to a 3d clinic to find out the genders. My bf is stressing out a bit cause its twins, but i figure if anyone could handle twins it would be me. Im very excited and cant wait to meet them. Your so lucky being able to find out your having a sweet little boy. Im itching to do the shopping we need too. Twins are usually early so im running out of time and it seems to be going fast now. The crib set you picked out is very adorable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search