Rude comments

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 08:30 AM
onemoremakesfour's Avatar ThreeBoys
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
I am having the opposite problem with my mom!! I'm getting so mad! She has made it really clear that she wanted Max to be another girl and she prefers girls, etc. She keeps saying things like "Well I mean I'm happy you are happy, I know you wanted a boy but I just LOVE my precious granddaughters. And I like girls because they are so INTELLIGENT." And "Its going to be weird, I don't know how to bond with a boy." ***???!!!!!! Nice!
That would really tick me off!!
March 7th, 2013, 08:38 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
A lot of people say "better you than me" when they find out I am pg, I just say "obviously."

I'm tired of the "You are crazy!" comments, and the very original "don't you know what causes that?"

But it pisses me off when people makes comments about having to support my family. Ummmmm, dh and I both work, own our own home, and have a van that is paid for. I'm not just sitting at home on welfare popping out babies.
#12 is on the way
March 7th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I get a lot of, 'how old is your daughter?' and when I tell them she's 13 they always say, 'and you're starting over?'

Gah! Yes, I know it's not ideal. I would have LOVED to have children close in age but my world didn't rotate that way.

or people point out the fact that I'm having a child while DH is on deployment. Yeah? Thanks, I hadn't noticed. :/

March 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
Wait, why did he think he was black?
Because since I'm "black", naturally I have to get with a black man lol nobody outright said anything to me about it, but the majority of my family feels the same way he does. Ironically, my grandma on my mom's side is white and my grandpa on my dad's side is half white. But, other than my grandparents, I'm pretty sure I'm the first one to marry inter-racially

Btw, I put black in quotes for me because I prefer not to think of myself even having a race lol I'm me and that's all that should matter, plus I've got three different "colors" in me so I dont exactly fit under one title
EDD: Aug. 9th, 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 7th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Mommy of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskfet View Post
Because since I'm "black", naturally I have to get with a black man lol nobody outright said anything to me about it, but the majority of my family feels the same way he does. Ironically, my grandma on my mom's side is white and my grandpa on my dad's side is half white. But, other than my grandparents, I'm pretty sure I'm the first one to marry inter-racially

Btw, I put black in quotes for me because I prefer not to think of myself even having a race lol I'm me and that's all that should matter, plus I've got three different "colors" in me so I dont exactly fit under one title
Wow you look very light in your pic. I was confused about his comment too cos I thought you were white too. I get it now lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search