19 Week Midwife Appt

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By Husher

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 02:40 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was with my midwife for TWO HOURS this week.

Where else can you get service like that? HAHA

I freaking love her. We were talking about everything, laughing, it was great. She told me I should become a doula HAHA.

We talked about her concerns:
-Protein in my urine AGAIN. (I told her what I ate today and she doesn't understand why I had this problem, but thinks it might be because I've been sick)
-Which was her next concern. I keep getting sick. We talked about ways to build my immune system and ways to fight illness.
-Finally we talked about my early birth history and getting this baby to stay put until at least 37 weeks. We're going for 38-39 weeks, because we're optimistic like that

Then we talked about my concerns:
-Pain while pushing the baby out. She thinks my son hurt so much last time because of the position he was in but also made a note on my chart to remind me to try pushing in a different position next time (since my two hospital births have me automatically going to my back, which she thinks might not be best for me).
-Aromatherapy and natural oils during labor. They are totally cool with this, and think it's great.
-Getting more support from my husband during birth. He IS supportive emotionally, but there's more "tasks" I want him to do so she wants me to write them up and they will make sure he follows through. (I talked to him about this too and he's on board).
-The down syndrome "screen positive" result. She says she is going to stay on top of this, get ALL the details from the peri. she can, but that she thinks my twin loss affected this.

Other things we talked about:
-My previous birth experiences
-Vaccinations

She also did my weight (gained 1 lb in the last 2 months, putting me up a total of 6lbs), blood pressure (normal), and listened to the baby's heartbeat (in the 150's).

I love this place. Even the lady at the front desk is awesome. It was less like an appointment and more like just hanging out with an old friend and catching on what's new. I go back in 4 weeks.
March 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
That sounds like a great appointment YAY!!!!! You should be a doula you are such a great support for other women and you have such a plethora of information that you don't mind sharing. You also have your opinions on certain things but at the same time can understand another person's different point of view and offer them information on that as well...I enjoy that. You are definitely a person whom can write a book !

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 7th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mommy of 3
Yay sounds great!!

March 7th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Awesome! Don't you just love midwives?

So glad you had a great appointment! I'm still in shock that you're 19 weeks. If you made it to 38 weeks, you're already halfway there!
alittlelost likes this.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 7th, 2013, 06:39 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Wow what an awesome appt! I dread going to mine, so Im a bit jealous. Im glad you had a great appt and have a midwife you love! Yay!
March 7th, 2013, 07:50 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad it went well!!!!

March 8th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice appt! Kinda wish I had a midwife now!

March 8th, 2013, 10:19 AM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
that sounds like a delightful appointment !!!!!!!! Glad it went well
March 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, ladies <3

I actually meet a few different midwives, but so far I have loved them all. They are ALL *so* smart and know so so so much about pregnancy, birth, staying healthy, and baby care, that is makes me feel really comfortable with their ability to care for me on top of just getting along with them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search