Shy baby dance... Anyone with shy babies not giving up the gender?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 2 Post By Tinky
  • 1 Post By mamalamb
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 3 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By alittlelost

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 05:28 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I remember someone posting recently that baby was stubborn. We have a very stubborn baby. We paid for an elective u/s yesterday and left so disappointed. The experience wasn't what I was thinking, the place was GORGEOUS and so peaceful but the tech wasn't very friendly and was kind of irritated we were coming in before 18 weeks, when I made the appt, I wished they would have told me to just wait if they preferred it. Anyhow, baby never would uncross his/her legs. Baby was all over the place and flipping sides, but never uncrossing the legs. Oh well the good thing was we got a stuffed lamb with the baby's heartbeat on it so that's priceless to me, just wishing we could have announced the way we had planned WITH gender since we haven't announced yet.

March 8th, 2013, 05:34 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the tech I'd be SO bummed and call management over that. Do they bring you in for a free second try? Every place I know of down here does that. I bet you are having a girl, though. They are always the stubborn ones
Tinky and 4littleloves like this.
March 8th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I might be the one you remember. The bam bean-o sat cross legged with the card between his legs n would not move. He sat at the very bottom n all he would do was wave. The ultrasound tech got a hand cramp jiggling n stuff trying to get him to move but nothing would work. All I could do was laugh afterwards n think it wouldn't be my child if it didn't give me a hard time.
4littleloves likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 05:46 PM
No they don't offer it, I asked. I should have waited and went to Colorado to do it because they did, and they were cheaper, here was quite expensive. Grr. I have my normal 20 week scan on the 26th. The tech said she thought boy but never could get a good glimpse. Dh and I weren't convinced because after 3 boys we didn't see anything that looked like them, but they weren't shy at all. With #1, we were told think Boy at the beginning of the u/s but her legs were crossed and then finally showed, NOPE, GIRL! I honestly don't care either way, I was just hoping to know so we could announce with the gender.

March 8th, 2013, 09:37 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww.. that stinks!! Mine was stubborn really bad for a while but thankfully the tech did not give up. I found out it was a very very stubborn boy. At least the 20 week one is coming up. I know it feels like forever, though!!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
March 9th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Bummer! And they should let you come in again. I would call and ask someone in manegment and if they refuse I'd be sure to let them know what a bad move that is. You have THOUSANDS of friends (on Jm and IRL I am sure) who would be very unhappy to hear that.
mamalamb and 4littleloves like this.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 9th, 2013, 12:35 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Bummer! And they should let you come in again. I would call and ask someone in manegment and if they refuse I'd be sure to let them know what a bad move that is. You have THOUSANDS of friends (on Jm and IRL I am sure) who would be very unhappy to hear that.
Yes! I am always threatening companies with this and Facebook LOL!
4littleloves likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 03:14 PM
The owner of the place was there but she said they don't offer it and it wasn't advertised on their website. It's ok now, bummed that we didn't get to find out, but I'm not going to argue with them about. We watched the entire dvd last night and the tech tried, baby just wouldn't uncross it's legs.
4littleloves likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
No they don't offer it, I asked. I should have waited and went to Colorado to do it because they did, and they were cheaper, here was quite expensive. Grr. I have my normal 20 week scan on the 26th. The tech said she thought boy but never could get a good glimpse. Dh and I weren't convinced because after 3 boys we didn't see anything that looked like them, but they weren't shy at all. With #1, we were told think Boy at the beginning of the u/s but her legs were crossed and then finally showed, NOPE, GIRL! I honestly don't care either way, I was just hoping to know so we could announce with the gender.
If they don't offer a second shot, they should REALLY go above and beyond to try to get the gender for you. When I had one of my early scans they said "maybe girl" then . . . "wait, I might see boy parts, I can't tell" then just said "there's a chance it's a girl" I asked how good a chance, they say "50/50" and basically just that they couldn't rule it out being a girl. Then I found out at a later u/s it was a girl So, you never know, but at least you don't mind either way

Can't wait for your next ultrasound! tips for a cooperative baby...

-drink tons of water for 3 days leading up to the ultrasound
-don't eat for 1-2 hours before ultrasound
-bring a snack with you to the ultrasound (juice is good or something sweet) and eat it right before the ultrasound (after your 1-2 hours of "fasting")
-if baby still doesn't cooperate, lay on your left side for 30 seconds, then try again.
-if baby still doesn't cooperate, walk around a bit, then try again.

hope that helps!
BeachMum, mom2K&G and 4littleloves like this.
March 20th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks I will be doing these. However, the fasting has me worried a little, my appt is at 8:30 in the morning I don't think I can fast because I HAVE to eat first thing when I get up or I won't feel well, I've always felt that way.

March 20th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Awe, yeah, not much you can do about the timing, especially if you don't wake up very early. If you wake up at 7:00 or 7:30, though, you can eat right away, then just don't eat again until you get there, then have the snack and juice! (i do think the extra water for the few days leading up to it is really the key though!)
March 20th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Oh wait you're right, I get up at 6:30 so that will give me plenty of time to eat. I drink tons of water so that won't be an issue. Baby was very active and has been at every ultrasound, just want he/she to uncross those legs and just show us.

March 20th, 2013, 10:14 PM
that's FANTASTIC!!! Baby being active will help. Hopefully you get a good clear shot at the next ultrasound!!!
4littleloves likes this.
March 20th, 2013, 10:41 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Aww I'm sorry that SUCKS! I hate when the techs seem like they are bothered by their job or something. I feel like anything that involves babies and you should be pleasant or pretend to! Good luck with your next one!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search