** Team Blue Chat! **

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 07:28 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
My girls are freaking wild so I can't imagine a boy could be much worse. My one year old daughter keeps climbing on DD1's top bunk! She gets into everything and loves to climb, no matter how much I stop her or she falls! Last night, DD2 grabbed a wooden skewer from a drawer and wanted to sword fight, poked DD3 right in the nose with it. Being a tomboy myself, my girls definitely have their boyish sides! That said, I'm still very nervous about a little boy but I've always wanted a son so... lol

And you guys are right about teenagers. I have three girls, around 2 years apart in ages. I'm scared out of my mind.

Anyway, I was so happy when they said it was a boy that I cried my eyes out. I mean tears pouring down my face happy. I tear up every time I realize it's just going to be that much more awesome when I'm actually holding him. I'm not planning a waterbirth but my tears may turn it into one!! Haha.
PeruvianBaby likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Blessed with twins
awe how sweet MyFantasticFour I am so glad you are having your baby boy!
I love my boys to pieces but I have to confess it is very hard for me to be a boy mama, Its hard for me to shop for them, I dont like anything in the boy section.. it is so boring Id rather go and take a look in girls' and my DH is always complaining I dont belong there hehe I am very girlie and DH loves that but now he wants me into his world which Ive never been because I dont like to watch soccer games, and I only used his xbox for my zumba lol..
Jhendrickson likes this.

Thank you so much Kiliki for my lovely siggy!

March 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I felt that way about the girlie stuff for a while. I like to wear makeup and recently I'm more into dresses but I always liked the toy cars, Legos, & K'Nex better. I know it hurts now but it fades away. I cried a little when they said DD3 was a girl. I was SO sure it was a boy. And she is so freaking amazing, even came out with these gorgeous blue eyes. The desire for a little boy didn't leave but her beauty overshadowed it.

(Notice the bruises on her head...DAREDEVIL! Doesn't have to be a boy to be one lol!!)

And don't forget that poem I posted (I found somewhere) which I think describes the feeling PERFECTLY...

I am a mother,
Who has dreams I'm afraid may not come true,
I dream of the day
Of holding a bundle of pink or blue....

Maybe I'm dreaming of pink,
A daughter who could one day be,
A strong but soft woman
A newer version of me....

Maybe I'm dreaming of blue,
A son to be strong, but kind,
A sweet little boy,
To grow into a good man in time...

So please don't judge me,
Or these feelings I can't change,
They may seem unknown to you,
Bad or strange.....

Please keep in mind,
Even if I'm not given my dream,
I carry a love within me
That may be unseen...

I will love my child,
Boy or girl,
And I will hold and kiss them just the same,
And they will be my world...

Even though I'm disappointed,
It's not with what was given to me,
It's disappointment for a world,
That I might never be blessed to see....
IvyMommy and PeruvianBaby like this.

March 20th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Blessed with twins
Thats exactly how I am feeling.. thank you for sharing!

Thank you so much Kiliki for my lovely siggy!

March 20th, 2013, 09:19 AM
It makes me cry every time. I'm here if you need to talk!

March 20th, 2013, 12:50 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fins View Post
for those of you with boys, are they crazy active / daredevils? My DD was so calm and girlie but my brother's son is a wild one, lol!
DS is for sure. He's non stop on the go 24/7, and he's always getting hurt

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
March 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
That is a beautiful poem!
March 20th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I think the biggest thing for me about being new to a boy........GETTING PEED ON!! My girls always tried to pee all over but I know this will be different!!
mamalamb likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Actually I've only been peed on one time ever from DS and that was during one bath time when he was like a week old. I don't even change him super fast he's just nice to me
MyFantasticFour likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
March 20th, 2013, 04:24 PM
If only I will be so lucky... lol

Well, Kelsey and other BTDT moms of boys...what kind of stuff should we know about boys? The good, the bad, and the ugly?
mamalamb likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
Everyone I tell I am having a boy tells me he same thing :"buckle up, you're going to be running 24/7!". Makes me nervous! I want my boy to be active, but also have a sweet, kind, calm side as well.
March 20th, 2013, 08:25 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This might sound silly but DH and I are sort of afraid of like, coddling him too much? IDK it's hard to describe....like, of course we are going to baby him, he's a BABY lol, but we don't want him to be a sissy either LOL???? How do you find the balance with a boy? It's something we never considered with the girls.

March 21st, 2013, 01:56 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
This might sound silly but DH and I are sort of afraid of like, coddling him too much? IDK it's hard to describe....like, of course we are going to baby him, he's a BABY lol, but we don't want him to be a sissy either LOL???? How do you find the balance with a boy? It's something we never considered with the girls.
I've wondered the same thing. I just figured I would hand him over to his uncle (my brother) for a weekend. He would definitely rough him up! lol
mamalamb likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 02:46 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so excited to be having another boy! I was going through the clothes I had stored away from when Tyler was a little thing. Memories... sigh...
PeruvianBaby likes this.

Visit my blog:http://adventuresofamom.blog.com/
March 21st, 2013, 09:03 PM
Super Mommy
How is the name search going for everyone? I know some you already have a name all set, but what about those who don't?? We are struggling over here! I feel like the names of my other two are so perfect for them (my oldest is Mateo, and our second is Zane), I am scared I am not going to find the perfect fit for this little guy! We like less common but not totally weird names.
March 22nd, 2013, 02:59 AM
mariri's Avatar Veteran
i am having a boy and i am so ecstatic
March 22nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
this is my second boy my oldest is 10 and then a girl in between them.... I have found the cutest carters and gap stuff...I have a problem I think he has 30 outfits at least already
March 22nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
We still have a list of about 5 names but we can't decide on any of them! We are trying to pick something not common that also goes with our kids names. So far I have a middle name that I love and is also a family name! I have also gotten some cute outfits from a friend of mine who has a 2 year old boy and now is having a girl

Maririr you got a great 3D shot of your little boy and yup all boy there, he he! I have my 20 week apt on Thursday and my friend said are you going to make sure you are having a boy and I said "I don't think his boy parts are going anywhere" lol!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
March 26th, 2013, 02:14 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I'll start.. Is this your first boy or do you already have a boy?

This is my second boy! It's nice to join you lovely ladies!

March 26th, 2013, 04:07 PM
IvyMommy's Avatar Veteran
I love that poem! Kashworth I can tell he is busy just from that little smile in his pic my son was really busy but now that he is 10 he's busy in sports but at home he is the sweetest most helpful boy...my dd is the opposite its what can you do for me haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search