** Team Blue Chat! **

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 10:54 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's a little chit chat thread to get all of us team blue mamas together

Feel free to talk about anything about having boys; questions, advice, cute shopping finds!

I'll start.. Is this your first boy or do you already have a boy?

I have a boy, so this will be my second boy.
mom2K&G likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
March 19th, 2013, 10:59 AM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Kelsey! This is also my second boy and I am getting excited about having another little boy in the house! My son is a real mommy's boy and I hoping our new guy will be too

What are you looking forward to most about having another boy?

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
March 19th, 2013, 10:59 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!! THIS IS OUR FIRST BOY!!! SO EXCITED!!! AT SOME POINT HOPEFULLY I'LL CALM DOWN ENOUGH TO STOP SHOUTING!! Lol!!
KASHWORTH likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Right now I have a daddy's boy, but I'm hoping he gets over it cause I want 2 mama's boys It's the least they could do for not at least giving me one girl, haha.

March 19th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Yay mamalamb! I could just imagine how excited you are! I remember I was scared about how to change my son's diaper but then I got it pretty easily.

kelsey- I know that we kinda share the same feeling of thinking we were going to have girls and now we will have boys. How have you dealt with your feelings?

Last edited by mommy2skyty; March 19th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
March 19th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I've pretty much gotten over it. I'm excited to have 2 boys, and personally would rather have 2 boys than 2 girls, plus I love my boy! I'm a little sad still when I see cute little girls all dressed up and with bows and stuff, but I remind myself I don't have to deal with teenage girl hormones and boyfriends and stuff like that, haha. How about you?
PeruvianBaby likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Now that I know what I am having I can concentrate on bonding with my little guy and just be happy about having him and put the idea of having a little girl to the side. Like you I just try to avoid looking in the girl section and just concentrate on the boy clothes. My daughter is a great girl but I do worry about her being a teenager so this way I will have one teenage daughter instead of 2. My son is a pretty easy going guy and even though he is more physical than my daughter he also loves to cuddle so I hope my new little guy will like to cuddle too. Also having my boys closer in age and already having soo many older boy clothes and tons of boy toys makes it an easier transition than getting all new girly clothes. My daughter is used to have a brother so now she will have 2 of them and be the only girl, which is secretly what she wants because she wants her own room.
PeruvianBaby likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
When I tell my friends what I am having I say "We are adding a boy to our family and are excited about it" instead of "It's another boy."

My brother said "are you going to try for a girl now" which made me upset like he wasn't happy that we are having a boy! The way I look at it is we have a boy and a girl and weren't really expecting to have another baby but now we are soo be happy for us and welcome this little guy like you do our other children People make soo much of a deal of gender and should just be happy for a healthy baby! Sure I had a little bit of gender dissapointment but I am totally over that and have moved onto being excited about this little person we have been given!

March 19th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay totally Sneaking in here! What if WE do a posting war between the teams!? No rules! (Well except no one word posts lol)
KASHWORTH and Fins like this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 19th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Sounds fun!

boys rule!

March 19th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
this is my first boy. I'm getting more and more excited about it. I never imagined myself with a boy but now it just feels so right!

March 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
First boy as well! Excited and scared at the same time. I don't think I know what to do! Lol
March 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
This is my first baby!! So thrilled . There are lots of cute baby boy clothes. Anyone looked at the designer "Mud Pie"? To die for!
March 19th, 2013, 05:17 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I have three girls and this is my first boy and I am ECSTATIC! But I am still nervous that his penis will disappear or something lol
mamalamb likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Blessed with twins
I have two boys and this will be my third oh my three boys..
I found out today, I just need to get over this gender dissapoinment but happy to have a healthy baby boy!

Thank you so much Kiliki for my lovely siggy!

March 19th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Don't worry Peruvianbaby I have heard gender disapointment is very normal and with time you will alright! After I had my ultrasound I shed a few tears but my kids quickly cheered me and I bought a few boy things. Even now I sometimes can't believe I am having another boy, but I am just soo glad I found out early so I could have time to know what I was having and bond with him. I think we are all given a specific gender for a reason and then everything works out well and you just love your kids! You never know you might just have a daughter someday
PeruvianBaby likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 08:46 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first baby and it is a boy!! I was sooo nervous about a boy as a single mama.. but, I am happy the baby is healthy and developing well. I've got an adorable nautical theme going for his room already. Girl clothes and accessories are really cute.. but good point about teenage years!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
March 19th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
I'm having my second son and really looking forward to having another boy. And he is such an active little baby. Can't believe how much he kicks. Hope august will be here soon.
March 20th, 2013, 06:05 AM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
This is my 3rd boy, and I couldn't be more excited! I wasn't sure how I would feel when it came time for the tech to say boy or girl, but I wasn't anything but excited. I had a feeling it was a boy, so maybe that made a difference I love being a boy mama! I would have loved a little girl, but it probably would have made me a little nervous after being a boy mom for so long
PeruvianBaby likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
for those of you with boys, are they crazy active / daredevils? My DD was so calm and girlie but my brother's son is a wild one, lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search