Back Pain

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Hesperleigh
  • 1 Post By Pbear31

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, OW OW OW OWWWWW. So, I mentioned before that I was having a lot of back pain start. I think it started with some twinges around 8 weeks and by 12 weeks it was pretty regular. For the past several weeks now, I have just been in constant pain. If I have been sitting for a while or if I lay on the couch or in bed for a bit and try to get up it is almost unbearable! Getting up to pee several times a night is THE WORST. I have to hobble, bent over to the bathroom.

I have met with a PT (one I work with, not a true evaluation) and she talked to me about posture at my desk and told me to get the prego pillow (which has helped me sleep, but not the pain overall) and also gave me some stretches. I also know it is important to exercise. I walked throughout my first pregnancy and I really think it helped with l&d. It has taken me longer to get back into the swing of things, but I have gone out a few times to walk a mile or two. Last night I almost cried when I was only half way done because the pain was just getting so intense. I don't know how I'm going to last 20 more weeks and I am tired of hearing myself complain already!!!
yvee80 and mom2K&G like this.

March 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mommy of 3
Ugh I feel for you!! Is it upper or lower back pain?
I had upper back pain from 16 weeks with my son and about the same with my daughter and I was miserable!! This time around I've had it a few days here and there but not constant yet thank God.

Have you tried a prenatal massage? It helped me a bit but unfortunately it didn't take long for the pain to come back.
Hope you find some relief!

March 20th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Mine is lower back. And now my hips, too. I never had it during my first pregnancy, other than the usual aches and pains in the late 3rd trimester. I haven't tried a massage. I'm afraid it will just feel good for a day and then go back to normal. I guess I should though?

Is there any chance it could just be position of uterus/baby and that it could improve? Or am I just going to have a painful pregnancy the whole way through!?

March 20th, 2013, 11:13 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Awe I too have started to have some pain but its on my right hip...I have not started back exercising yet I want to this weekend but I am so afraid that it will make my pain worse...I hope your pain subsides soon.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 20th, 2013, 12:16 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Me me me!!!! I am having horrible lower back pain since a few days ago and now I woke up from a nap today and also having hip pain! BLAH... I don't remember this happening this early in my last pregnancy, but they always say each one is different. I hope you find some relief I know how horribly uncomfortable it is.

March 20th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started seeing my chiro for lower back pain. He discovered that the additional weight was causing my pelvis to shift causing the lower back spasms. I'm seeing him twice a week at the moment and it helps immensely. I highly recommend seeing a chiro.

March 20th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Pbear31's Avatar Super Mommy
Go to a chiropractor! I was in huge pain last week and I went to chiro, he said that my entire pelvis was shifted and twisted. He actually said long walks can make it worse because your body freaks out and tightens muscles even more, which can cause more pain. He did a few adjustments and I have felt way better! He also suggested wet heat (hot showers, hot towel) etc because it loosens muscles. He also recommended short walks to try to keep muscles loose.

I had never been to a chiro, so I was skeptical...but I am a huge fan now!

I did check with my OB before going and she said it is absolutely safe during pregnancy.

Good Luck!
4littleloves likes this.
March 20th, 2013, 01:20 PM
You guys, I'm afraid of the chiro! I have been twice for migraines and each time was a bad experience. In fact, I'm pretty sure the effed me up more. Plus, it is expensive and not covered by insurance!

I am in such a horrible mood today. You know how pain makes you grumpy? Yeah, people gotta watch out. lol

March 20th, 2013, 01:48 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get horrible back pain too. I have degenerative discs and bone disease so that contributes. I swear though my babies love my sciatic nerve lol! I have medication I take when it gets too bad. We also walk everyday and I take a nice long (not too hot of course) bath at night before bed to relax my muscles!

I hope you get some relief soon!

March 20th, 2013, 06:57 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperleigh View Post
You guys, I'm afraid of the chiro! I have been twice for migraines and each time was a bad experience. In fact, I'm pretty sure the effed me up more. Plus, it is expensive and not covered by insurance!

I am in such a horrible mood today. You know how pain makes you grumpy? Yeah, people gotta watch out. lol
sorry you are having back pain. It's the worst!!! I suggest trying another chiro. I recently left my long time chiro to try out someone else.. and it was a serious mistake!! The man really scared me everytime he gave me and adjustment. The chiro I have been seeing for many years has NEVER been like that. He's not pushy either. I go to him when I need him and he never says come back in three days, etc... there's good ones out there, I promise!

oh yeah.... and icing helps... not heat and you can get those icy/hot "patches" they are a lifesaver... I am pretty sure they are safe for pregnancy... you'll have to check.

March 20th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Veteran
OH goodness. Sorry you are in so much pain already. I get super achy too and terrible sciatic pain but not this early. I figure 2 more months and I will be miserable. I have never been to the chiro, no advice there. I just deal with it in the dayland take tylenol pm at night to try to get some rest. I hope it's just positioning and things will move around and start to feel better soon. It's terrible you are in so much pain already.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

March 21st, 2013, 05:45 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry! I wish the chiropractor were an option for you! I had some back pain and sciatic pain with DS and the chiro was the only thing to help me, but it was covered by my insurance at that point

I hope you feel better soon!!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search