Excited!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By 4littleloves
  • 1 Post By Anchored

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 04:01 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so excited about this baby AND about adding this baby to the family. I'm excited about the individual bond I will have with her and experiencing everything with her all over again, but also for how she will fit into this family and how the other kids will do with her.

I'm excited to see my 5, 6, and 7 year old around a tiny baby. And then I think, when the baby is 1, and starting to walk, they'll have a 6, 7, and 8 year old to help them (I don't mind helping, but it's going to be CUTE to see my kids do it, too!). And then when the baby is 2 and starting to get more into playing with others, I get to see how my 7, 8, and 9 year old help her and play with her.

Maybe it seems like a silly thing to be excited about, but up until now, none of my kids REALLY had an older sibling. Like, my oldest was 2 1/2 when my youngest was born, so they were kinda all babies together, ya know? I'm excited to experience a bigger age gap!

BUT I'm worried about how TIRED I will be! I was never tired with my first 3, but I'm already tired now. How will I cope when I am ALSO getting up in the middle of the night again? Whew. Guess we'll see
ElliotsMommy13, Ray88 and mom2K&G like this.
March 20th, 2013, 05:52 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the opposite. My kids are really far spaced apart. The closest I have is 3 years. I love the bond they share. They are so close, I call them "two peas in a pod".. this baby again will be approx. 5 years apart from my youngest. I can see what you mean though about them actually having a little sister and not just "another baby" lol

March 20th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Veteran
It's really awesome to see the older ones love the baby. My son is 7 years older than the next kid. It is so neat to see things progress too,now they can play together and watch a show together, and the older one is very protective of his little people. It's also crazy to see how early on they can bug the heck out of one another.
alittlelost likes this.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

March 21st, 2013, 04:44 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree!! I am so excited to see the big kids with the baby- especially Chase because HE'S been the baby for 4 years so far!

And I so get you on the tired thing! I've been exhausted this entire pregnancy, I worry about the first few weeks baby is home!
alittlelost likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search