Your DH/SO

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 3 Post By mom2K&G
  • 3 Post By Jhendrickson
  • 2 Post By Dirtroads
  • 3 Post By PhD_Bound_Mommy
  • 2 Post By cameronzmom
  • 1 Post By BeachMum
  • 1 Post By Momma2Chase
  • 2 Post By JessKeller24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 04:30 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
How is he scoring so far this pregnancy? Has he been really involved, coming to appointments and feeling your belly? Does he help clean up, rub your feet, run out at 4am when you crave pickles and ice cream? Is he badgering you for some booty?

March 20th, 2013, 04:33 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
My DH has been absolutely amazing! He has totally taken over care of our two year old and lets me sleep when Im tired! I was recently on bed rest and he took care of the whole house! I woke up the next morning and the house was spotless!!
He will text me or call me through out the day to see how I'm feeling and if I need anything. I am so lucky to have him!

I actually just got a nice long back rub about 15 minutes ago!

March 20th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Jhendrickson's Avatar Veteran
Mine has been great. Attending all the appointments, excited about purchases, and talking to Blake all the time.

But, he is begging for booty and I am just so not in the mood!!
March 20th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
Ditto, DH has been wonderful besides whining about not getting any.
Sorry, but I just don't feel like it . . . well, its more than that I don't WANT to at all.
Ray88 and MyFantasticFour like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
March 20th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine has been gone, but has been there for me to vent to on Skype. However, he will soon be home and I'm so very thankful for that. He's told me that when he gets home I will finally be able to relax and lay in bed all day while he does everything else. He told me the one thing he's looking forward to most is blow drying and brushing my hair for me after showers. I have got a keeper!
March 20th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My hubby's been pretty awesome too. He talks to the baby and rubs my belly often. I'm on pelvic rest due to some bleeding issues so he's being a trooper about not getting any extras. He helps around the house when I ask and he indulges my cravings I think I'll keep him!

Proud mama to
Cameron Alexander ---- January 11, 2000
Cassidy Skye ---- May 5, 2005
Callen Jase ---- August 23, 2013

~Angel Mama~ to

Caleb Jan 21, 1999
Carys April 29, 2011

March 20th, 2013, 07:01 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubby has always been pretty amazing. He rubs my feet nightly even not pregnant and is always doing something to help me. I don't change a diaper when he's home. There isn't anything he doesn't do, he rocks my world, very blessed to call my husband..
MyFantasticFour likes this.

March 20th, 2013, 07:20 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
No real awesomeness here I'm lucky in that my DH works nights, so he's home in the afternoon and I can catch a nap if I need one. He doesn't have much choice though, and I don't think he's too happy about it, but oh well. He goes to the ultrasound appointments, but that's it. It snowed on Monday morning, and I had to take our youngest to his speech therapy appointment. Was DH out there cleaning the snow off my car? Nope, I was. Grrr. Oh and lots of whining about not getting any.

March 20th, 2013, 10:41 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Dh has been amazing, but he always has been very helpful, so this isn't something new <3

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 20th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Veteran
Nothing new going on here, things are as they were before pregnancy. I think if I asked for more I would get it but hubby isn't volunteering much yet. My husband works nights too and I know that is already a lot to deal with all the time. He is awesome about missing sleep to go to appts or our older sons sporting games, even coaching but not much extra attention going into pregnancy. Maybe that's how it goes after you've btdt so many times?
I am just happy he is happy with life overall, because this baby wasn't planned and he was very pessimistic at first.

Lanae: Mommy to Ethan, Will, Alex and Surprise baby GIRL due August 15, 2013!

March 21st, 2013, 02:27 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea... not winning any competitions here. Nothing has changed. He works rough hours and days though. My appts are ALWAYS on days he works and he works out of state right now so I'm solo with those. I laugh because the first time he'll prob see the dr this while pregnant is when I'm in labor. He's not rubbed my feet or anything like that. Guess the 2nd time around for him isn't the same as the first time was. Grr... at least he's excited about having another baby though!

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
March 21st, 2013, 04:55 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
My hubby's been pretty good so far! He works A LOT unfortunately so he's not always around to do it all, but when he's here he's good. He's also going to make me obese! lmao If I happen to mention, "Oh Taco Bell sounds good..." he's out the door getting it!
He tells me I get to have whatever I want because I'm pregnant (*I* have to remind him that it's not an excuse to eat though! lol); will rub my back and feet if I ask him to; been cleaning the house up for me and cooking dinner for us when I'm not feeling so great.

I think he'll do even more as the pregnancy continues and i really need the help (like when I'm swollen and miserable this summer lmao)
MyFantasticFour likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 21st, 2013, 05:08 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Same old, same old. He is as helpful as always, which is quite a bit. He works from home, and I am now on maternity leave. So we are getting some of the extra stuff done that never gets done when I have to work.
#12 is on the way
March 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFantasticFour View Post
How is he scoring so far this pregnancy? Has he been really involved, coming to appointments and feeling your belly? Does he help clean up, rub your feet, run out at 4am when you crave pickles and ice cream? Is he badgering you for some booty?
Is it bad my mind went straight to the gutter? Thinking you meant how much sex is he getting, lmao. He's one of the kind of people that its not real until he can feel it. No appointments for him, he s always working, and we need the money its not worth him taking off work to see how much I weigh.

March 21st, 2013, 06:24 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Funny I'm reading this this morning since I almost called my husband on the way to work this morning to tell him that he needs to help me out more. I don't want to have to ask him to do more, but apparently he is deaf, dumb and blind to my struggles right now.

March 21st, 2013, 08:24 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
My husband always has a few things he does for me around the house like dishes (EW!) and he does his cat's litter box, takes out the trash, and puts the cans on the curb. During pregnancy (and school), he's taken over doing the laundry for me because I fell down the stairs last pregnancy. He's a little distant because he's scared. We had a loss at 13 weeks and he took it as hard as I did, so he takes a little while before he will get attached but also with the anterior placenta, we can't feel much yet anyway. He picks up my cravings for me but my sex drive is higher than his.

March 21st, 2013, 08:31 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
My hubs has been amazing. He is so excited about this little one and is constantly talking to my belly and helping out in every way. It's going to be a huge adjustment when he leaves (week & 1/2). I honestly don't know how I'm going to do it all by myself. I've been spoiled!

March 21st, 2013, 08:41 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, he comes to appointments and accomodates my cravings.

The last month he has been working 12 hour days and I HATE it! I hardly get to see him except for the weekends. He leaves at 5am for the gym and then doesn't get home until about 8pm. UGH
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!
March 21st, 2013, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
My hubby is always pretty great, but especially since we have had a rough time getting pregnant and we are thrilled about twins, he's been so helpful. He's cooking more, cleaning more, and can't stop talking about the babies. I've got it pretty good.
Mom2RickyRanaJavier, I thought the exact same thing. Lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search