update and a question about placenta previa

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fins

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my follow up appt yesterday to check my cervix length. I am going in next Thursday for the cerclage procedure. I am sooooo terrified.

Also, they noticed that my placenta was touching my cervix and said they would monitor me for placenta previa in the hopes that as my uterus grows the placenta will move up. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm afraid to google and freak myself out.
PeruvianBaby likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My best friend had to have a cerclage in her pregnancy and she was in and out in a few hours and did great with it. I'm wishing you lots of luck with the procedure

March 21st, 2013, 09:23 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
MOST people I know with placenta previa, their placenta DOES move up. Good luck with your cerclage sorry you need it I hope everything goes well. keep us posted!
March 21st, 2013, 09:26 AM
Mommy of 3
My placenta is low too. My doc has me on pelvic rest at the moment. Hopefully it will move up.
With my daughter it started out low too and moved up around 20 weeks

March 21st, 2013, 09:32 AM
what exactly is pelvic rest? Just sitting on the couch?

March 21st, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mommy of 3
It means no sex, nothing in there at all like tampons, which you don't need anyway , no toys, fingers etc.

When I had it with my daughter it was a different doc and she never mentioned pelvic rest at all. So I dunno if it just depends on how cautious the Dr is.

March 21st, 2013, 09:57 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're scared about the cerclage, but I'm glad it's an option for you to help you and baby stay safe!!

I don't know much about placenta previa but I will keep my fingers crossed that it moves up!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
Blessed with twins
My placenta is low too... My Dr wants to check it up again in my third trimester. You just scared me with that cerclage thing.. booo

Thank you so much Kiliki for my lovely siggy!

March 21st, 2013, 10:12 AM
I don't think cerclages are very normal, sorry to scare you!! I had one with my DD so I think now it's a given that I'll have to have it with all babies because of the scarring.

The last time though they put me under and this time I'll be awake with a spinal. NOT a fan of getting the spinal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search