I Didn't Ask For Ur 2 Cents

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By MyFantasticFour

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 10:28 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
So I put up on my facebook the name Im going with if this baby is a girl (A'layna Drew). I told everyone I don't care if you don't like it, its not your choice or your kid so u will deal n keep your 2cents to yourself. Well my cousin put up a status 20mins after mine saying what she would n wouldn't do when it came to naming her kids and how she thinks people shouldn't share their kids name cause someone might steal it. How her kids name would not be similar (she said that because I said I like how the first name end in A like my name n daughters name end in A) well first off I don't care how someone else would do anything. second no one on my fb is pregnant n if they r I'm sure I'm due b4 them. third our kids names actually mean something we just didn't pick it cause its cute so if you wanna steal the name drew n name your child after MY great grandfather than that's u looking crazy. I just don't get why people gotta go out their way to start unnecessary drama

March 21st, 2013, 10:41 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe *hugs* sounds stressful. It's a cute name. And tons of people announce names, who cares if someone "steals" it, that's just silly anyway! Try not to let people get to you with their negativity.
March 21st, 2013, 10:52 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We picked baby girls name (Evaani Josephine), someone had an opinion, so now I just tell everyone we have decided on Donquaneisha Je' Nayfer (play on my husbands and my name) and watch the reactions.

Funny thing is no one has much to say about the fake name, they are just in shock.
#12 is on the way
March 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I hate when people ask my opinions on names. My least favorite name is in like the top 100, everyone loves it. Our opinions are all different and if you love it, I say use it! Your cousin is being a boob. =P
mom2K&G likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the name, it's my daughter's name... it means beautiful..... I don't have a name picked out and don't see us having one picked out anytime soon, but we will most likely wait until baby is born to announce what we named him/her that way it's just too bad whether they like it or not

March 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFantasticFour View Post
I hate when people ask my opinions on names. My least favorite name is in like the top 100, everyone loves it. Our opinions are all different and if you love it, I say use it! Your cousin is being a boob. =P
I ask your opinion on names! HAHA

March 21st, 2013, 03:15 PM
tparum's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to tparum Send a message via Yahoo to tparum
love the name and its not there place to throw in there 2cents on anything this is ur lil one not anyone elses

Allways Remembering our Angels
Angelina Marie 08-02-99,William Dewayne 02-08-01,Thomas Ray 07-30-02 and BabyBean 02-22-08 and BabyBean 03/02/2012
March 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely agree with everyone else.. It really isn't anyones place to put in their opinion on a child's name unless asked.. and then in that case, if the mama loves it and is already set on it, you dont give a negative opinion.. just walk around the subject and stay positive.. Just like with ugly babies.. most babies grow out of the ugly phase but they are always precious.. so you say that to the happy mama.. Sorry you are getting negative replies.. I think its a pretty name!

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
March 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Kayla_7602's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the name, especially because it has meaning to you. I dont understand why people feel the need to do things like that with names.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the awsome siggy!

March 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
suck! I hate negativity

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I don't care how they feel about it. I think its crazy that people wanna start unnecessary drama. I'm just like do u have nothing better to do in life.

March 23rd, 2013, 02:48 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stinks =( sounds like dh cousin who told someone he was mad we are using the name Zoey because he supposedly told DH he wanted to name a future daughter that. I chose Zoey, not dh. Grrr.

No matter what, there are going to be people who either hate the name you choose or are angry because you're "stealing" their name.

People are crazy lol

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search