Friday Five: March 22!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By soaringphoenix

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 04:33 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Growing up
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
Who was your best friend when you were in high school?
Do you still have friends from elementary school?
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend?
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now?

-----------------------

What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Beetlejuice, Pound Puppies
Who was your best friend when you were in high school? Her name is Heather, we were super close... have drifted apart over the years but we're still friends
Do you still have friends from elementary school? I do! I actually am still friends with quite a few people I've known since I was little (which is amazing considering I moved 7 hours away when I was 14!)
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? Hmmm... I can't remember but I wasn't very young. My mom had a no dating rule for awhile and then I was like IN LOVE (ok not technically lol) with this guy I was friends with and I purposely didn't date anyone in case he decided he liked me too. O.o Ahhh the thought processes of teenagers! lol
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now? I was one of those kids where my dreams changed daily. I used to want to be a lawyer, an art teacher, a graphic designer, a NICU nurse/nurse in general and some other stuff. I am not any of those but I did do 2 of my 4 years for a bachelors in graphic design, dropped out and then went to nursing school for a little bit. :\ I would have stayed in nursing school but it was the school I had a problem with, and just haven't gotten back yet. Eventually!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 22nd, 2013, 04:46 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? I don't know if I could pick just one. Nothing is sticking out in my memory.
Who was your best friend when you were in high school? Her name is Brandy. We're still friends, but not as close.
Do you still have friends from elementary school? No, but I do still think about my friends from elementary school.
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? Kindergarten, but that didn't last.
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now? For years I wanted to be a meteorologist. I ended up getting my bachelors in paralegal studies instead. I worked as a paralegal for a while, and now I'm a writer and full time mommy.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 22nd, 2013, 04:51 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Hmmm, I don't remember, we didn't watch much tv.

Who was your best friend when you were in high school? Shannon, she's a FB friend now, but I haven't seen her in 20 years.

Do you still have friends from elementary school? No

How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? 18

What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now? I wanted to be a undercover narcotics officer. I load UPS trucks.
#12 is on the way
March 22nd, 2013, 05:12 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Winnie the Pooh, Gem, Fraggle Rock, I'm sure I had more.
Who was your best friend when you were in high school? Megan
Do you still have friends from elementary school? No, but have several from middle school
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? 14 but it was just a summer thing and we never did anything or dated, ha! My hubby was my first REAL boyfriend at 20. I dated guys before him, but dh was my first serious boyfriend and my first love.
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now? I wanted to be a doctor or a teacher. I did become a teacher and I'm a doctor to my kids he he.

Last edited by BeachMum; March 22nd, 2013 at 06:54 AM.
March 22nd, 2013, 05:13 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?Hmm I can't really think of one, but I liked Shera
Who was your best friend when you were in high school?Meagan.. unfortunately we no longer talk we just parted ways
Do you still have friends from elementary school?yes!
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend?I wanna say 15
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now?I knew I wanted to do something with animals. I have loved animals all my life! Haha so I guess my answer would be yes! I am a certified dog trainer with currently two certifications. I would like to go back to school to study emergency and critical vet technician.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:47 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Pound puppies, Jem, Smurfs, Punky Brewster
Who was your best friend when you were in high school? Gemini
Do you still have friends from elementary school? YES many
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? Not sure maybe 15 or 16
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now? A lawyer and a singer...no I changed my mind and wanted to be a forensic pathologist not doing that either I am getting back not local government work and now my DD wants to be a forensic pathologist

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 22nd, 2013, 06:51 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? I DIDN'T watch cartoons but I liked shows like lamb chop, ghost writers, gala gala island lol

Who was your best friend when you were in high school?Latoya, we still text but she let her man get in between our relationship so o well

Do you still have friends from elementary school? nope I move n we grew apart

How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? 14 n it was a mess lol

What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now?since 14 I wanted to be a sex therapist lol but I gave that up and decided I want to help kids so now its social work.

Last edited by Honestlymonique; March 22nd, 2013 at 06:56 AM.
March 22nd, 2013, 07:12 AM
MissCiara's Avatar It's A Girl!
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Rugrats
Who was your best friend when you were in high school? Jaleesa
Do you still have friends from elementary school? No
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? 7
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now? I wanted to be a back up dancer but that was short lived!
March 22nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
soaringphoenix's Avatar Mother Reborn
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Had way too many to have a fav
Who was your best friend when you were in high school? Jessica, we are slowly losing drifting apart though
Do you still have friends from elementary school? Nope
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? I was in middle school
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now? I wanted to be profiler. I guess I got close to that. I perform autopsies and go to crime scenes.
yvee80 likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Super Mommy
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Gummi Bears!
Who was your best friend when you were in high school? A girl named Kelli. She and her family only live ten minutes away now, so we are still really close and have play dates all the time.
Do you still have friends from elementary school? Somewhat. Kinda in the Facebook friends, I-keep-up-with-them-but-haven't-seen-them-in-forever categorie.
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? 14? 15? Somewhere in there. It was very casual though lol. I don't think we even held hands. It was more about the knowledge that I liked him and he liked me, you know. Oh teenager-dom.
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now? A Marine Biologist at Sea World, working specifically with the dolphins. Considering that I live in land-locked Utah, I guess I have to say no.
March 22nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Smurfs
Who was your best friend when you were in high school? Susan...we met in 7th grade, and 23 years later are still BFFs!
Do you still have friends from elementary school? I've reconnected with a few through Facebook
How old were you when you had your first boyfriend? 19
What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you are doing now? I honestly don't know what I wanted to be as a kid. In college I wanted to work in the legal field. And nope, not doing that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search