Sharp poke *down there*???

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Bookreader

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 07:12 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so this happened twice today!! Once while I was walking around, and another just recently while I was sitting... I have NO idea what it is and never heard of this before. I feel like I had a little needle poke me down there by my cervix from the inside and it was a little sharp poke.. It felt uncomfortable but nothing too painful.. It did not come with cramps or anything.. But little man has been moving around all day today.. Its like I hit 21 weeks and he starts making himself known more. I'm loving that but wondering if its him kicking somewhere he shouldnt or just stretching parts or if it is something I should worry about.. All you BTDT mommies.. any experience with that?

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
March 22nd, 2013, 09:58 PM
Super Mommy
All throughout this pregnancy and previous pregnancies, I'll get shooting pains through my cervix. After freaking out repeatedly, my dr always says it is normal as long as it doesn't take your breath away and doesn't accompany cramping/contractions. BUT- I would talk to your dr/midwife because who am I to give you medical advice? I wouldn't lose sleep over it in the meantime, though.
mamalamb, ElliotsMommy13 and Ray88 like this.
March 22nd, 2013, 10:21 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would mention it to your dr just for peace of mind but yes, I get those with each pregnancy

March 22nd, 2013, 10:49 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good to hear that it is not just me.. I have an appointment on Wednesday.. I think it is soon enough to just wait and tell the midwife then.. If it happens more I will just call and ask.. but I feel ok.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
March 23rd, 2013, 01:57 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's completely normal but alarming all the same the first times you feel it. it's like lightning in your girl parts lol I've had it now all 3 pregnancies. I'd still mention it to your dr. So they can reassure you.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
March 23rd, 2013, 04:47 AM
Mommy of 3
Yep cervix zinges I call them. Lol
Not fun but totally normal.

March 23rd, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes, little girly loves to hit a particular nerve that makes me twitch! Yesterday afternoon, I was having a conversation at work and she was repeatedly punching/kicking or something with force and very rhythmically. I had to stand up and adjust my position and say to the person "I'm sorry, I can't focus on this conversation right now, the baby is punching hard". I literally couldn't focus because it was so distracting lol!

March 23rd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I haven't had it yet this pregnancy but it happened a lot with both of my others. :-)

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search