horrible day - update, not quite so horrible

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes
  • 4 Post By nina529
  • 1 Post By Honestlymonique
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By LadyGamer
  • 1 Post By ElliotsMommy13
  • 1 Post By jessicag
  • 1 Post By nina529
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By Dandelion
  • 1 Post By yvee80
  • 2 Post By Colliekat
  • 1 Post By Ray88
  • 1 Post By Anchored
  • 1 Post By Husher

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 09:06 PM
Veteran
i guess it wasn't absolutely horrible but a huge let down

finally had my first doctor's appt today, finally after i've felt like i've been waiting forever to just be seen by the doctor. i'm excited and everyone, doc, nurse, me, all believe i'm 17 weeks as of yesterday, according to my last period. so they go to listen for the heartbeat and nothing. and he tries again, nothing, again. the doctor tries, they're looking all over for it and still nothing. i'm starting to panic a little. so they take me into the other room to do an ultrasound to make sure.

sure enough it's in there and we can see the little heartbeat but the doc says it's smaller than 17 weeks. she's not a pro with ultrasounds so she couldn't really give me any idea, other than guessing maybe about 10 weeks. she couldn't even finish the appt because she's not sure how far along i am. they scheduled an ultrasound for 2 weeks from now.

i don't even know what to say or think. i'm glad i got to see the baby and know there is a heartbeat, but at the same time i'm kinda heartbroken and i'm stressing out because there is so much i don't know now. how far along am i? when did i conceive? who's the father? omg. is it possible to miss a period and still get pregnant the next month? what do i do? how am i gonna make it 2 weeks without knowing?

------------update-----------

so i think i just needed some time to calm down and breath a little. i'm not upset that i'm not as far along as i (and everyone else) though. i think it was just a shock to go from believing i was maybe 17 weeks and so sure of the father and when i conceived to "maybe 10 weeks." it made me feel kinda stupid for assuming anything at all.

well of course, because i couldn't wait a whole 2 weeks for an ultrasound, i did some looking around and found a place that specializes in ultrasounds and they were able to see me today. she took measurements and confirmed that i'm only about 9 weeks. but everything looks normal, good heartbeat, etc. i'm really, really glad about that.

and now because i have a much better idea of when i'm due (10/25/2013) and when i possibly conceived (very end of jan, very early feb) i'm pretty sure about the father and i'm happy. i'm feeling a lot better about the whole situation altogether. i did miss 2 periods before getting pregnant which is weird, but i guess it happens. everything happens for a reason, right? and this is meant to be.

i am truly happy that i'm having another baby. i never thought i'd get the chance to have another one. and my son is so excited about being a big brother and teaching this little one all about baseball, even if it's a girl, "she's gonna know everything about baseball mom! and i'm gonna teach her how to pitch."

thank you all for your support and best of luck to all of you and of your august babies!!
mamalamb, yvee80, Ray88 and 1 others like this.

#3 edd 08/06/2015

Last edited by nina529; March 23rd, 2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: update
March 22nd, 2013, 09:14 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Well baby was okay n that's the most important thing. The rest u will find out in two weeks
nina529 likes this.

March 22nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow, hon, that's crazy! So sorry about this. You must have just ovulated really late. LMP isn't the best way to guess a due date. How long ago did you get a positive pregnancy test?
nina529 likes this.
March 22nd, 2013, 10:13 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
That is definitely a tiny little bub. I'm glad baby is healthy!! That is the best news. Finding out baby's actual due date will come. Waiting two weeks will be hard, but you are having a baby and it is healthy! Congratulations.
nina529 likes this.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 22nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow!! thats crazy!! 2 weeks feels like forever in pregnancy. I hope they can give you a good conception date that would clearly answer your questions.
nina529 likes this.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
March 22nd, 2013, 10:53 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is not possible to get pregnant from sperm/sex that was over a month before you concieved. It does look like you are about 10 weeks along, which would mean you concieved in late January. Did they not measure the baby during the ultrasound to give you a due date?

Either way I wish you the best in your pregnancy Congrats on your October baby!
nina529 likes this.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

March 22nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
wow, hon, that's crazy! So sorry about this. You must have just ovulated really late. LMP isn't the best way to guess a due date. How long ago did you get a positive pregnancy test?
i've kept really good track of my periods for almost the last year. they used to be extremely irregular. my doctor put me on progesterone for about 7 months to regulate them. since being on it i've had normal periods. the last time i took the progesterone was oct 2012, normal period on the 15th. in nov i got my period on the 22nd. that was the last one. in dec, jan and feb i never got a period. i figured it was due to not having the progesterone again. (i wasn't able to go back to the same doctor at the time because my ins was changing with my new job.)

anyway i took a test at the end of dec, it was negative. early jan i remember feeling a little nauseous a few days but i didn't think much of it, i've never had morning sickness, etc. i took another test at the end of jan, it was negative also. valentines day i took another test, this one came out positive. i went to the doctor the next day to confirm it, they game me another test, positive and said i was 12 weeks. i took at least 3 more tests the following week, all positive. doctor's appt earlier this month confirmed that i was pregnant again and told me i was 15 weeks, based on my last period and weight. and even today, they told me based the period and weight and looking at me that i was 17 weeks... until the whole trying to find the heartbeat. ugh. it's just so frustrating not knowing.

i am very thankful though that i did get to see him/her and the heartbeat and i know for sure i'm pregnant now and i am happy about it. and i suppose if i am not 17 weeks yet it's a good thing i'm already getting prenatal care etc. now rather than just starting it at 17 weeks. enough stressing. i'm gonna stay positive for the next 2 weeks.

thanks
yvee80 likes this.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
March 22nd, 2013, 11:11 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have really irregular periods. My 7 year old was conceived about 45-60 days from my LMP. It is possible to ovulate without having your period. Good news is baby is okay! Sorry you had a rough day.
nina529 likes this.

March 23rd, 2013, 03:02 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry things didn't go as you expected but congrats on your October baby.
nina529 likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
March 23rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Sorry you didn't have the best day but glad baby is ok and you will be assured of everything in 2 weeks. Be sure to stay positive ! Also our periods can be stinkers I got my every month for the first 4 months when I was pregnant with my DD so I had no idea I was pregnant it was a shocker but a great one !
nina529 likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The ultrasound definitely looks like a 9-10 week baby. Sorry that your dates were off but congrats on your little baby
Ray88 and nina529 like this.

March 23rd, 2013, 11:35 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
So glad all is well and you now have am healthy October baby...but now you are leaving me DDB .

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 24th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Super Mommy
Im sorry that you were not as far along as you thought you were but glad that your baby is healthy. And Congrats on a beautiful October baby!
nina529 likes this.

Last edited by Ray88; March 24th, 2013 at 05:36 AM.
March 24th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry things turned out differently than you expected but glad your LO is doing fine!

I'm very irregular and my LMP was in early October before this pregnancy and when I went to the dr after my BFP they at first tried to tell me I was 10 weeks not 6 (my first ultrasound even says 10+ weeks! Lol), but I KNEW it wasn't possible because my husband was on deployment until early November. I went in and told the tech I thought I was 6 weeks (by my calculations of when he came home, O symptoms, and testing dates). Sure enough she measured me and I was 6 weeks on the dot!! So it can definitely be confusing when you're so irregular
nina529 likes this.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 24th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
SO glad you were able to get in for an ultrasound and get some peace of mind. Good luck with your pregnancy! I'm so happy everything looks great for the baby and that you are feeling better about things!
nina529 likes this.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvee80 View Post
So glad all is well and you now have am healthy October baby...but now you are leaving me DDB .
aww we can still be friend though feel free to message me anytime.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
March 24th, 2013, 10:21 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you test was negative at the end of January, then it makes sense you weren't very far along. It's tough when dealing with irregular periods. Glad the baby is healthy though and I hope you'll still update us from time to time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search