Birth Center / At Home Mamas

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mommymichael

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you are having your baby in a birth center or at home what kind of stuff do you have to wear? May seem like a silly question but I'm really curious. I've seen a lot of women who do water births and just have a sports bra. But what about the other times? Like at the hospital I had the hospital gown and that was it, and luckily too cause it was messy, not even just while having him, but the whole time, especially after my water broke. I guess I wasn't expecting that really. But I see videos of people during home birth labor and they still have pants on and stuff most of the time and I'm just wondering if they're leaking like crazy in there haha

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
March 23rd, 2013, 09:12 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go in sweatpants and a big oversized shirt. Once I get in the tub, I usually keep the shirt on until it gets too hot. Then, honestly, I just stop caring. It's not like they aren't going to see intimate parts of my body, and they'll see my breasts once I'm breastfeeding anyway, so modesty goes out the window. Before I get in the tun, though, I'm in sweat pants. I use pads if my water is leaking.
March 23rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I usually wear a sports bra and baggy comfy pants. Then take the pants off before I get in the tub. But I've never had a "messy" labor...Mine have always been very clean

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

March 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I can't remember what I wore on the way to the birth center, but once the midwife checked me and they filled the tub I was in nothing but a sports bra. The water feels deceptively private.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 23rd, 2013, 12:12 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
At home, I usually wear whatever I have on, shorts/sweats and a tank top or t-shirt. Thats usually what I wear if I do have a baby at hospital too. I refuse to wear gowns.
#12 is on the way
March 23rd, 2013, 03:18 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I'm planning on wearing a nursing bra and pants, probably.

March 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM
mommymichael's Avatar I am strong.
i'm in pajamas usually, until i get in the pool then i'm naked. lol i'm going to try to wear a bikini top this time, but it's not likely to stay on. haha
alittlelost likes this.
Wife, Mommy to Roan, Willem, Trillian & Baby #4 Due Aug 2013
March 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I was thinking about it...I doubt I'll wear pants. I hate pants and duh it will be summer anyway. I will probably have just a bathing suit/bra & panties on most of the time.

March 24th, 2013, 06:59 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I just wear whatever I feel comfortable. With my first it was an above the knee loose dress.. With my last it was just a sports bra.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search