BH... ugh!

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mamalamb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 10:17 AM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I brought it up with my doctor last time I saw him and he said it's normal, if the frequency increases to 4-6 times an hour then call the office... but back then I was having them maybe once or twice a day.

The past 2 days I've been having a lot of BH contractions, though not between 4 and 6 an hour. I've had 4 already today and I've only been up for like 3 hours it's really starting to make me nervous.

Please drill it into my head that things will be ok and this can be normal at only 20 weeks?

Blah I don't want to call their office and look like a freak.

March 23rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
stay hydrated!
if they get painful, call your dr again.
stay hydrated!
if you are walking when you have one, sit down. if you are sitting, stand up. see if changing positions stops them.
stay hydrated!

BHs are common and rarely anything to worry about.
March 23rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is normal, just make sure you're drinking LOTS of water. Drink more even if you think you can't. I had my first set of them last night, I got them way early with my last 2 kiddos so I was happy to make it to 19 weeks before I got any.

March 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its normal but drinking water is key! I had them a few days ago after a crazy day at work and I know its because I didn't drink nearly enough that day.

March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it maybe caffeine or something else in what you are eating/drinking? I notice that for me, being even slightly dehydrated brings them on... make sure your getting rest too!

March 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
I've been drinking tons and laying around all day. Now baby is moving or it's just gas (I've been a wee bit gassy but this feels more like baby) and nothing is helping. I had 3 in the last hour while just laying here

I don't want to be that PITA patient that calls all the time for bogus reasons so I'm going to just wait it out for now but if it's still going on when I wake up in the morning then I'll be picking up the phone. It's got me really uneasy.

March 23rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope they stop for you!!!!

March 23rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope they stop. You need go with your gut. If you're worried then it can't hurt to call and ask what the doc says. BH are normal, but I've been told thag if it gets to 4-6 an hour and doesn't go away with drinking water and laying down, that I should call. I had preterm labor at 18 weeks with my 2nd baby. Moral of the story is if you are worried, it can't hurt to call.

March 23rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't ever worry about being a PITA patient. Pregnancy can be such a worrysome time and if your ob office doesn't understand that they are in the wrong field. With that said, I've had previous pre-term labor starting at 28 weeks last pregnancy and my very cautious perinatologist isn't too concerned about my BH this time around yet (they sound similar to yours). I did have a routine check with him a few days ago and he checked my cervical length via ultrasound just to be sure, but I have PTL history so that's why he did it.

BH are very annoying and can be scary, but yours still sound like they are in the normal range. When I had PTL I had about 4-5 per hour for two hours and then it escalated very quickly.

Don't hesitate to call if you are worried though. Maybe mention that water and rest aren't making them go away.

HUGS

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
March 23rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
keep us posted!!

March 24th, 2013, 06:55 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurking from the July DDC...if you are really concerned about it call again, that is what they are there for. I had a lot of problems with BHs my second pregnancy (and reg contractions too but that's another story). Some women have an irritable uterus and if it gets too bothersome they may put you on a low dose medicine for it. I can drink crazy amounts of water (80-100oz.) and still have ridiculous BHs. But really please don't feel like you're bothering the people at your OB, they are there to help you through your pregnancy and I guarantee you they get way more ridiculous calls every day than questions or concerns about your BHs and it's better to be safe if you are concerned.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

March 24th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How are the BH today?

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
March 24th, 2013, 07:25 AM
I'm not sure yet... I woke up 4 times last night with one then after waking up for the last time about an hour ago I had one. That's still less than how frequently they were last night so I may be on the road to recovery (as if this were a disease or something )

I made the mistake of talking to my mom about it who just made me feel like an idiot and like she knows everything about everything... who of course just said I need to calm down and that's just my uterus stretching. No mom, BH doesn't feel like stretching to me. Grr. I hate trying to explain to people a certain feeling I have and they take it the wrong way.

So right now I'm just laying on the couch and seeing what happens :/

The one BH I had this morning did make me laugh though... because when my uterus got tight and hard I stretched out on my back and looked at my belly and baby girl must have been curled up in a ball on the right side because my left side almost looked flat and the right side looked like I was hiding a baseball in there poor thing must have been cramped in there.

March 24th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I hope today is an easier day for you! Gotta love when people try to tell you what YOU are feeling. Keep us updated, okay?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

March 24th, 2013, 10:30 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly if they were strong enough to wake you up, I think you should call and tell your dr. Better safe than sorry, especially at this stage of pregnancy! Good luck! KUP!
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

March 24th, 2013, 12:11 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
{{HUGS}} I hope things settle down soon, definitely call your OB though if they continue.

March 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalamb View Post
Honestly if they were strong enough to wake you up, I think you should call and tell your dr. Better safe than sorry, especially at this stage of pregnancy! Good luck! KUP!
I agree with mamalamb :-)

March 24th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks ladies. I haven't called yet but things have settled down a bit today. I've still gotten more than I'd like to today (well, I'd like to not get any...) but it isn't nearly as bad as yesterday was. I have to go to their office tomorrow to drop off FMLA paperwork from my job so I'm going to see if they can leave a message to have him call me (if I don't end up having to call before I get in there) while I'm in there.

Oh... I haven't FELT constipated at all the past few days but maybe I was? It's weird because even when I'm mildly constipated I'll get horribly painful cramps and pain... well I've had 3 different "normal" BMs today which wasn't too alarming but if it were all at once I would've sworn I had lost 10 pounds from the mother of all #2's Anyway my point is, the BH's seem to have gotten less since I've been using the restroom. Don't know if there is any correlation at all, just something I've noticed.

Life would be glorious if I could wake up and go all day tomorrow without one BHC

March 24th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by round2t View Post
Thanks ladies. I haven't called yet but things have settled down a bit today. I've still gotten more than I'd like to today (well, I'd like to not get any...) but it isn't nearly as bad as yesterday was. I have to go to their office tomorrow to drop off FMLA paperwork from my job so I'm going to see if they can leave a message to have him call me (if I don't end up having to call before I get in there) while I'm in there.

Oh... I haven't FELT constipated at all the past few days but maybe I was? It's weird because even when I'm mildly constipated I'll get horribly painful cramps and pain... well I've had 3 different "normal" BMs today which wasn't too alarming but if it were all at once I would've sworn I had lost 10 pounds from the mother of all #2's Anyway my point is, the BH's seem to have gotten less since I've been using the restroom. Don't know if there is any correlation at all, just something I've noticed.

Life would be glorious if I could wake up and go all day tomorrow without one BHC
Well, that sounds better... glad you got things moving!! :-) I was going to come on here and post and remind everyone to take stool softeners if they think they might need them. I try to pay attention and make sure I have a bm each day. Well, I kind of slacked and realized I didn't have any in two days and forgot to take my pills. Like you said.... whew.... practically felt like labor!!!! LOL... ladies!!! Don't forget to take your stool softeners!!! :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search