Cloth Diaper Mamas

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 08:44 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvee80 View Post
Still contemplating cd'ing my qestion is can I use all of the same type? Like if I prefer one size pockets can I just use those?
Of course! Though as someone else mentioned its always best to try a few and find what really works best for you! We started with Sunbaby's and other PUL pocket diapers. They functioned perfect for us but my son had a huge problem with PUL diapers. We even tried WAHM branded pockets with hidden PUL to see if maybe that work but it never did. We now use (and love!) fitteds, Goodmama brand specifically, exclusively. We will be using them with Alice as well.

Most people tend to naturally come down to one or just a handful of brands as their stash grows and they find what works best for them.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

March 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Veteran

Here is what I have right now. I really need to sort through it all! I coul stand to get rid of some diapers that I don't use often for sure.

6-7 (or more) bumgenius 4.0s
3-4 bumgenius 3.0s that have been snap converted
3 bumgenius elementals
8 bumgenius all in one sized diapers - mediums
3 bumgenius all in ones - small
7-8 fuzzi bunz one size
2 happy hempy fitteds
2 swaddlebees econappis
a few odds and ends pockets - a happy heinys, a snap ez
3 babeegreens growing green one size organic cotton
30ish small muslin flats
An assortment of covers - 4 small, 3 mediums maybe one large. Mostly thirstees and bummis.
Wet bags, hanging - two medium, two large. Two are planet wise and two are monkey foot designs (my favorite!)
WAHM wipes
A bung of extra liners - loopydos, joeybunz, some no name hemp.

I definitely have more than I need for my son from when I had two in cloth. Hopefully my son will potty train before this baby girl is born. I might get a couple small diapers and covers, but will probably just do disposables at the beginning since we are moving right when baby comes. And I'd like to get some girly colors! Buying cloth can be addictive!
March 25th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
What have you bought for your stash so far? 4 sets of boingos, 5 covers, 24 prefolds.
What else do you plan to get? I am not sure. I'd like to double up on what I have. I know I will need more prefold, I only have newborn right now. The covers are all one size and one extra small.
Do you have pictures of your growing stash yet? Not yet, I literally just got my covers and my boingos in the mail. Like 5 minutes ago! I'm still petting them

My prefolds. 24 NB indian cloth from Nickis.

My covers
Darker green is flip one size. Lighter green happy heinys one size. Blue Imagine one size. White Imagine one size. Purple thirsties extra small. (Didnt realize it was purple with pink when i ordered it. It was on sale with no picture and the description said something about baby bird???) Boingos, a set of orange, white, blue and yellow.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13

Last edited by Tinky; March 25th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
March 26th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
My stash looked so meager!

SOOOOO I ordered this today with chosen colors being snow, marigold, indigo and emerald:
http://www.nickisdiapers.com/imagine...n-package.html

and 2 more sets of boingos. I have Blue, Orange, White and green but got 2 sets of Glow In the dark yellow.:
http://www.nickisdiapers.com/boingo-...fasteners.html

I am so excitedfor them to get here now I think the next on my CD wish list is a few packs of wipes and a wetbag or two? I've never used either before. I just kept a roll of doggy bags from the petstore in the diaper bag for keeping dipes away from other stuff and used disposable wipes. i found if I got te good ones i could use them, wash them with the dipes and use them again 2-3 times before they fell apart too much.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the stash you're building, Rachael!!! I want to get some imagine newborn AIOs, too... I'll totally be getting some boingos, too.

those doing prefolds, I'm hearing good things about grovia and thirsties prefolds
March 26th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I got 2 grovia shells in the mail today, and boy did I love them! so I had to order 2 more, even though it wasn't a planned part of my stash....
Tinky likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 05:55 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Ladies here are some places on FB to look:

Ragamarket: raga babe diapers only

HTF Fluff sales : this group is awesome has a lot of brands that are to find along with designs/ fabrics that are hard to find. But warning: make sure you read there rules and there a WHAT HAPPENS here STAYS here kinda group.

Cloth diaper swap: everything is here, every brand size color you name it they got it

Applecheeks B/S/T: only for Applecheeks

Bagshot Row Bamboo: awesome diapers love them

Thirsties B/s/T: thirsties AIO, thirsties cover

Sunbabys Diaper B/S/T: cheap and reliable

Sarah F. Alva CO oP- alvas

Fuzzibunz B/S/T- fuzzibunz only

Lilylouhoo BST and chat page: new to me but heard good things
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

Last edited by MamaLemonade; March 26th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.
March 26th, 2013, 07:14 PM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I need to get a move on with my stash! So far I have a dozen GMD newborn prefolds, and a few xs covers. I have some small Fuzzi Bunz leftover from when my 4 year old was in cloth, and a couple BG left, but other than that, I need to work on building.

March 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM
mrsmckenzie1's Avatar Veteran
So I have purchased

2 Osocozy unbleached indian prefolds

2 thirsties duo hemp prefold

4 tot bots tini fit all in one

2 bumgenious diaper covers

Cloth diaper outfit set from Babies r us

I still have yet to purchase some more prefolds

Some Hemp inserts

Easy fit allin ones

more diaper covers

I mostly have been clearance shopping

March 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I have heard great things about these:
2 thirsties duo hemp prefold

so neat to see so many cloth diapering mamas on our board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search