Cloth Diaper Mamas

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 11:53 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What have you bought for your stash so far?
What else do you plan to get?
Do you have pictures of your growing stash yet?
March 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What have you bought for your stash so far? I haven't bought anything for the new baby yet, waiting to see if we can find out gender first.
What else do you plan to get? some smaller dipes for newborn and small baby. Hopefully some girlie diapers.
Do you have pictures of your growing stash yet?
Here is most of my stash, this was taken in October I think.
Tinky and IvyMommy like this.

March 24th, 2013, 12:12 PM
adorable! what's all there? what are your favorites?
March 24th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Ok let's see, back row (left to right), Kawaii, alvas (next 2 rows), Bumgenius 4.0 and freetime (the albert einstein one is a freetime), last row has some ones I got on babyhalf off, another co-op and some sunbaby diapers.

Front row: Blueberries (all in one), grovia (all in one), the next 3 rows are WAHM custom sports dipers, the last row are actually 2 covers I got from a co-op, can't remember their names.

My favorites have been the blueberries, bumgenius and the kawaii. The alvas are ok but not the ones I reach for all the time. I dislike the grovia, they are very stiff and don't fit my little guy right.

BTW I just started cd'ing in June when my little man was 9 months old. All but the 2 sunbabies are new. I bought most of my stash from co-ops or on amazon using swag bucks so I didn't spend a whole lot of money.

Last edited by BeachMum; March 24th, 2013 at 12:22 PM.
March 24th, 2013, 12:24 PM
I don't have pics yet, but so far I have
12 diaper safari tri-fold inserts
6 WAHM one size pocket diapers (still need 4 more inserts for these, only 2 came with inserts)
3 NEET one size covers
2 Grovia one size shells
12 bamboo flats by orange diaper company (24x24 size)
4 small bamboo embellished prefolds

Still planning on...
8 small bamboo embellished prefolds
12 medium bamboo embellished prefolds
12 large bamboo embellished prefolds
12 Bamboo Flats
12 Jersey Prefold Diapers XS
12 Jersey Prefold Diapers S
12 Jersey Prefold Diapers M
24 doublers
6 Thirsties Duo AIO Size 1
4 Flip Covers
12 Flip organic inserts
4 Diaper Safari One Size Covers
4 softbums shells
12 bamboo superpods (softbums)
4 best bottoms shells (BB)
12 small BB inserts
12 medium BB inserts
12 large BB inserts
2 Size 1 Capri Covers
2 Size 2 Capri Covers
2 Size 1 Thirsties duo wrap
2 size 2 Thirsties duo wrap
3 WAHM one size covers
6 WAHM newborn covers

It's excessive... I have a diaper addiction... but I like having variety
March 24th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I like variety too and I like having a large stash because my diapers aren't getting worn. My little guy goes through a lot of diapers in a day so it's nice to not have to wash EVERYDAY.

March 24th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMum View Post
Ok let's see, back row (left to right), Kawaii, alvas (next 2 rows), Bumgenius 4.0 and freetime (the albert einstein one is a freetime), last row has some ones I got on babyhalf off, another co-op and some sunbaby diapers.

Front row: Blueberries (all in one), grovia (all in one), the next 3 rows are WAHM custom sports dipers, the last row are actually 2 covers I got from a co-op, can't remember their names.

My favorites have been the blueberries, bumgenius and the kawaii. The alvas are ok but not the ones I reach for all the time. I dislike the grovia, they are very stiff and don't fit my little guy right.

BTW I just started cd'ing in June when my little man was 9 months old. All but the 2 sunbabies are new. I bought most of my stash from co-ops or on amazon using swag bucks so I didn't spend a whole lot of money.
so you like the freetime? or just the 4.0s? I hear a lot of people like the 4.0s but the freetimes seem to be hit or miss. I thought the BG elementals looked nice, but just didn't fit with the kind of stash I was going for. I got the grovia's only because I heard they were trim between the legs, but I won't be using the grovia inserts. I want to use them as covers. I hear good things about Kawaii
March 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
So cute! I have some prefolds right now, that's it. I've started shopping around for PUL though so I can get started on my stash

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

March 24th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I like both BGs, they both serve their purpose, the elemental is great for nighttime, because I usually double stuff for night time and the elemental has 2 inserts built in. I was hoping to like the grovia but they are skinny and while my little man is skinny, it just doesn't fit him right, I still use it though and he does fine.

This time I plan on getting some fitteds and more prefolds, I use a lot of flower sack towels and want to get some more cute covers. That'll probably what I use for the little bit. we'll see though, still hoping to find out gender before I start building my stash.

March 24th, 2013, 12:40 PM
gender definitely plays into my diaper choices, so I don't blame you for waiting until then!
March 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Still contemplating cd'ing my qestion is can I use all of the same type? Like if I prefer one size pockets can I just use those?

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
There's nothing wrong with just sticking to one kind. BUT I would recommend starting out with lots of different things because you just don't know what will fit or work for you and your baby until you try them out. Then you can sell off what you don't like and buy all of the kind you do.
yvee80 likes this.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

March 24th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Yes, you can use all one kind! And one size pockets is a great choice!

You may want to look into diaper safari pockets. They are having a HUGE sale right now ($8.95 a diaper and these are well-loved diapers) http://www.diapersafari.com/diaper-s...et-diaper.html

Fits 8-35 lbs. If your baby is a little smaller you might temporarily need disposables or buy newborn pocket diapers to get you through the first couple months.

Some one-size pockets don't fit at just 8 lbs but these should.
yvee80 and IvyMommy like this.
March 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have bought 1 thirsties duo wrap, 1 Rumparooz cover, 1 Alva OS pocket, 3 OS Assunta store minky pocket diapers, multiple inserts for pocket diapers. I'm waiting on my Happy Flute order from a Co-op to get here. I ordered about 6 covers and 6 OS pocket diapers, charcoal & blend inserts, and 2 large wet bags from them.

I still have to buy more. I've just been buying some here and there, multiple brands, kinds, sizes. Next purchase will be prefolds. I found a nice bundle on Amazon.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
March 24th, 2013, 03:23 PM
How do you find out about co cops? Thanks for the information ladies, its greatly appreciated!

>
March 24th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvee80 View Post
How do you find out about co cops? Thanks for the information ladies, its greatly appreciated!

I am a member of them on Facebook. I just ordered from Sarah's coop on there.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
March 24th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Kaisia's Avatar Veteran
Nothing so far! I've been researching but really haven't bought any baby stuff yet. Just been busy and figure I have plenty of time. It's also harder from here because I can't look at anything in person.
March 24th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvee80 View Post
Still contemplating cd'ing my qestion is can I use all of the same type? Like if I prefer one size pockets can I just use those?
You can definitely do just one style of cloth diapers. I've tried lots of different types, but have mostly simplified to one size pockets of just two brands (Fuzzi Bunz and Bumgenius 4.0s). Most of my friends who cloth diaper primarily use one diaper style too.

I think, for a lot of moms, cloth diapering becomes sort of a hobby. It can be fun to try out different things, but it can be really intimidating if you are new. I'd also recommend looking into cloth diaper trials. Several retailers do them and it's a cheap way to try out different diaper brands/styles before committing much money.
yvee80 and alittlelost like this.
March 24th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
I am a member of them on Facebook. I just ordered from Sarah's coop on there.
How can /i becoe a member on FB? How did you find them on FB? sorry for all the questions this is SUPER new to me but I REALLY want to do cloth diapering!
alittlelost likes this.

>
March 24th, 2013, 08:37 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What have you bought for your stash so far? We have bought about 40 newborn diapers and 30 one size's. We are done with our newborn stash, and trying to focus on the onesize.
What else do you plan to get? More one size diapers
Do you have pictures of your growing stash yet? I dont! But I would love to do a fun little photoshoot. Haha!

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search