Mom2Gabe & yvee80

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree60Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 05:22 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I hope you had a fantastic mothers day with Aiyana and your mom! I am sure you guys had a big get together and lots of food!!

I got two cards One from Gabe and Dominic and david got me a beautiful card. He also brought me heart shaped donuts from DD and 1 pound columbian coffee from DD. (yes I am a huge Dunkin Donuts fan) He made me pancakes and bacon for breakfast and baked me cookie pops! It was beyond adorable!!

How is everything else going? Especially with what we talked about the other night?
yvee80 likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 02:41 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Awe that sounds so cute ! We went to church with my mom but we let her fiancé have her for the day lol! We exchanged gifts her card made me cry...DH made me breakfast they both gave me cute cards of course my DD with her silly self wrote hers in Spanish and at the end of it said...yes I speak Spanish lol. Then we came home and DH cooked dinner then they gave me and edible arrangement, some flowers, and a teddy...still eating my edible arrangement yum !

Everything is ok, we talked about things and have agreed on some things which is good , i still need to send you that email though.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
May 13th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah send me the email when you can.

Sounds like you had a good mothers day as well!! I bet the edible arrangement was so good!! I have always wanted one!!

How was your day today? Things are going good here. =)

Your daughter cracked me up with the card in spanish!

May 14th, 2013, 12:40 AM
She is a piece of work!!!! She is learning actually teaching herself some Spanish and interested in learning Italian because its part of her nationality i am going to look into that for her.

They are so cute you ALMOST don't want to eat them...almost lol! You sound like your day was good as well .

Things were good yesterday despite the company im working for being so unorganized i had a good day !

>
May 14th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Have you thought of getting her Rosetta Stone? It is expensive! BUT its great to learn!! David bought me rosetta stone Korean. I was stationed in Korea for a year and I fell in LOVE with their culture and language. I would love to go back!

My groin pain is starting to get worse I can barely walk, get off the couch or sleep! It takes me forever to get upstairs and down stairs. Im thinking of calling my OB and see what she says. I mean there probably isnt a lot I can do. I cant rest it all day Im busy chasing a toddler!

Are you comfortable? Or are you starting to get more pains? I am miserable!!!

May 14th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I forgot about Rosetta Stone i will look into that! Thanks i have the groin pains too i have to get up slowly and ease myself into a walk most times, horrible. I have been more comfortable though since my feet are back to normal

>
May 14th, 2013, 05:21 PM
yeah It sucks how bad my groin area hurts. Only on my right side though. I have resorted to sleeping on the couch now. BUT I am sleeping better for some reason down here. lol I will continue to sleep on the couch until the night when I can't sleep, I don't care if Im on the couch until I give birth! It's nice to be able to sleep for more than 2 hours straight!

So I'm doing my glucose test tomorrow and Im starving. No carbs after 6pm. I had a salad for dinner with water. No soda tonight. I am having a yogurt tomorrow morning about 2 hours before I drink that crap and then after.. Im going to pig out somewhere! ROFL.

I'm glad to hear your feet are doing better, I know it's so horrible to have swollen feet and extremely uncomfortable.

I meant to ask you.. is it still baby Ava?? Or has there been a change in the line up?!

May 14th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Lol I slept on the couch Saturday and it was awesome lol!!!!! It's still baby Ava Lauryn but i think I have an almost copycat on my hands ugh....this unsavory girl that I went to school with just Found out that she is pregnant, having a girl, and due in August....her cousin is friends with my SIL so my SIL told her friend my baby name (mind you for the last 3 years i have been saying that if I have another child and she is a girl she will br Ava)...funny today the friend calls my SIL and tells her that girl is naming her daughter Ava London....I was laughing and a little annoyed at the same time . Im like whatever we aren't friends and our kids will never be friends so whatever

Ugh I can't believe you have to fast like that, I didn't my doc just said no sugary foods or white enriched flour in the am...I stopped before midnight the night before...I don't blame you for pigging out when the test is over!!!

>
May 15th, 2013, 03:35 AM
LOL I swore I told you that I was scheduled for Aug 20th!!

Yes I slept on the couch again last night wow.. that was a good nights sleep!! I think the couch might be my new best friend haha.

I'm up early, already ate my yogurt and leaving in about an hour to do my glucose test!.... yay (not) I really hope I pass this 1 hour because the 3 hour sucks!

Hmmm so now she wants to name her daughter Ava? Well like you said you guys aren't friends and will never see each other. I always told myself Gabriel was a popular name and I didn't really want that, but gabriel is my favorite boys name.. I just realized that it doesn't matter how many other Gabe's are out there he is MY Gabe! It will be that way with Ava! You have wanted that name for a long time and you can finally use it! You already know that I love that name!

Well girl I better get my lil guy up and get him ready for the sitters this morning. I hope you have a good day at work and we'll talk later!
yvee80 likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 05:22 AM
The couch does sound like a great friend right now ! No you didn't tell me that but that's great you know when you will see him unless he decides to come before that!!!

Yea she is doing Ava too but it is what it is this Ava like you said will be MY Ava .

I hope you pass the test good luck and have a great day!!!

>
May 15th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Took the test and I felt totally fine. I went and got dunkin donuts right after lol.

Yup he will be here the morning of aug 20th.. unless he decides to come early!

exactly.. it doesn't matter what they name their daughter YOUR Ava will be so beautiful!!

Oh Im so confused!.. We chose Dominic Lee.. but now I have fallen in love with Nicholas Lee. I mean I haven't told anyone because they will just laugh at me, for wanting to change his name AGAIN. Not saying I definitely want to change his name.. but this is my last baby and I want his name to be perfect. I love Nicholas and Gabriel. Idk.. am I crazy? I just am taking it so seriously. I just want it to be perfect. Dominic is a GREAT name because DH never wanted a Jr. So dh's initials are DLC. So we chose Dominic Lee so he would have the exact same initials as DH. There aren't any other D names we like. Idk.. Im confused! haha

May 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Lol I bet it was the best Dunkin Donuts ever!!!!!!!

Awe thanks !

No you are not crazy that is a cute name too, I think you should call him Dominic like you have been and when he is born and you look at him you can or sure make up your mind on if he is a Dominic or a Nicholas...if you can't decide at that time let Gabe choose !

>
May 15th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Well I talked to David about it and he was really understanding and he said he honestly doesn't like the name Nicholas. He has really grown attached to Dominic and it's now one of his favorite boy names. SOO I guess Dominic it is! haha

It was an amazing breakfast I will tell you that! I stuffed my face
yvee80 likes this.

May 15th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Dominic it is, such a cute name really!!!!!!! I bet you stuffed your face you probably felt like you were starving!!!

>
May 15th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Hahah yes!! And of course the line was long! UGH it sucked. After I picked up gabe from the sitters we both took like a 2 hour nap! I am STILL tired right now. I think I will go to bed as soon as Gabe does. That's 8pm! LOL I just really want to sleep and lay down.

How was your day? What did you have for dinner? David took me for Chinese food at our favorite buffet! It was a late mothers day dinner. It was soo good! Now Im stuffed and tired! It's a great feeling.

May 15th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Lol stuffed and ready for bed!!! My day was cool couldn't wait to get off work yay!!!! Took Aiyana to dance and came to my mom's to wait for dance to be over at 9:15....mom cooked roast and potatoes i ate a little bit...I am soo tired!

>
May 16th, 2013, 06:32 AM
That sounded like a good night. I miss my moms cooking! You're so lucky your mom lives so close to you.

I was asleep by 9 I believe and I slept so good! How did you sleep?

Im having a lazy day at home and doing some cleaning. That's pretty much my day haha. I hope you have a great day at work!

May 16th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I do like living close to mom it makes me feel like I am at home ! I slept ok last night but when DH got up this morning I couldn't go back to sleep ! Work went by fast today I was actually busy OMg lol!!!!!!

>
May 17th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Glad work is going good for you I am sure it makes time go by faster for you until little ava gets here!

I think we might plan to go to Florida for the 4th of July and grill out with the fam and do fireworks. I'm hoping we can!

Ok.. Im always hot!! I have the a/c set to 71 and I am STILL sweating! I feel so bad for David and Gabe! ROFL.. I can't help it, pregnancy hormones

On the agenda today is washing the car and therapy this afternoon! WOOHOO..

May 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Grilling with the family and fireworks with them for the 4th sounds like so much fun, I hope you get to go!

It does make the time go by faster that is definitely a plus. I had to change my next appt from the 21st to the 6th of June because I needed something later in the day so I have to wait longer to see baby Ava...

This may be TMI and so gross, but since being pregnant my nose always feels full of boogers lol!!!! I told me DH last night I said this is annoying it feels like they are in there but they aren't!

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search