Mom2Gabe & yvee80

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree60Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 09:04 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
I am excited for you!! I can't wait to find out either! =)
I know, I told DH I don't want to wait! haha.. there is no pacing here. I am already basically 5 months! I told him before he knows it he will be here! He really doesn't complain though..

March 30th, 2013, 07:39 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Having a DH who doesnt complain about shopping is wonderful!! i am a total shopper like my mom lol, I love to get a great bargain too!

OT: I have been out ALL day today looking for the perfect gift for my mom...what to get for a woman who has everything??!!! How was your day?

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 31st, 2013, 04:42 AM
Haha! For people who already have so much it's so hard to find a gift! Good luck on your journey

Yesterday was really nice =) I went to a few stores and just walked around and really enjoyed the wonderful weather. Now today its all rainy and yucky.
How was your day? Do you have any plans for today?

April 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Sorry I have been MIA!! Been out and about a lot the last few days got my mom some cute gifts that she didnt already have which was the hardest task ever lol! Started getting my list of names together for my SIL who is throwing me a shower in NY. We went to church with my mom for Easter, she cooked like she was cooking for the masses (lol) and that good food put me right to sleep ! My DD has her friend over for the week from NC so she is super excited and today I am finishing up my final paper and exam for my class...I am so tired today!!!

Did you do anything special yesterday? How are you doing today?
mom2K&G likes this.

>
April 1st, 2013, 11:24 AM
I kinda figured you out busy doing family things! Glad to hear you got some gifts for your mom I know you were having a hard time with that. I bet your daughter is loving having a friend come visit for a week! Sounds like they will have a lot of fun together!
Glad you had a fabulous easter with family and a good dinner!

I had a great day yesterday! We got Gabriel an easter basket and he loved it! We just spent the day together as a family and went to the bookstore and it was really nice! I'm doing good today just having a nice lazy day!

April 1st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Those lazy days are awesome every now and then !!! I bet he was so excited about his Easter basket I love to see their little faces when they get surprises!!! She is totally being a giddy teen girl with her friend up until the wee hours of the morning just laughing and talking (some of the best days we have as teens)! Did you purchase anything from the bookstore?
mom2K&G likes this.

>
April 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
that is so adorable and sounds like its a lot of fun for her! I bet you're loving seeing her so happy and having fun!
Yes I did buy a book. Since I am already a dog trainer I still like to buy dog training books, You can never learn too much! I bought this really awesome book about behavioral problems some dogs have.
Gabriel loves the train set area =) I will get a coffee from starbucks and a milk for him and we just hang out together.
What have you been up to lately? How are you feeling?
yvee80 likes this.

April 4th, 2013, 01:52 AM
I have been soooo tired lately I think it's because I have been trying to keep Aiyana and her friend busy its wearing me out lol! That sounds like some good mommy son time .

>
April 4th, 2013, 05:36 AM
I can kinda relate to how tired you are. I am chasing a toddler around all day! I mean my son is constantly on the go and climbing on things! haha. By 8pm Im usually in bed asleep! I think my husband and I are going to get him a dog. He LOVES dogs and I think it would be really good for him to have one. He is lonely and I would love for him to have a dog to play outside with. I know a lot of people think its stupid especially right now, but I will do anything for my son if it truly makes him happy.

You are a great mom! Sounds like your baby girl is having a blast! It's something she'll always remember!

April 4th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Awe thanks you are a great mom too!!!! We have a little doggie named Cookie she is a hoot but a lot of work...but we love her! With the tiredness its like wham it hits me all at once!

>
April 4th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I really thought by this stage in the pregnancy I would have my energy back, but I don't. Somedays I do ok and some Im just so tired I want to sleep all day. I don't even think the fatigue hits me in the face.. lol it's just a constant nagging feeling.
Aww cookie is a cute name! What kind of dog is she?

April 5th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I have those nagging tired feelings as well and I thought I would have my energy back by now too but not so much lol! Cookie is a pomeranian/human I swear she thinks she is truly one of our kiddos. Guess what??? I felt my LO kick me last night from the outside I couldn't stop smiling its for REAL now! We are almost to the halfway mark OMG can you believe it?!
mom2K&G likes this.

>
April 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM
OMG YOu did?!!! That is so great! It's so amazing when you feel that! I am so happy for you!

I know! On sunday I will be 20 weeks!! It's crazy! It will be all down hill from there.
Pomeranian/human?? LOL thats awesome! As a trainer I often say most dogs are like humans!
Guess what?! We adopted a dog today! I put up a picture on my FB page!! She is half german shepherd 1/4 Golden retriever and 1/4 cocker spaniel. My son already loves her to pieces!! I am in love!

April 5th, 2013, 02:06 PM
It is an amazing feeling its the moment that it all becomes so real to me ! Awe that's awesome your son is going to have a ball with his new pet!!! its so funny how human like dogs are I get tickled watching Cookie do things!

Lol at its all down hill from there, more uncomfort, more urination, more weight to carry around, more of trying to invent new ways to do stuff we normally do but it all ends up being worth it seeing that little face arrive!

>
April 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM
LOL I didn't think about it from that point of view. More weight, more uncomfortable.. all the yucky stuff.. But yes it's so worth it!
My baby is moving so much today!! I have felt him more than a few times!! He is really going at it today! I love it!

April 5th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Awe he is definitely letting mommy know he is in there having a good time! Do you live near family? Is your mom or MIL or any other family coming out when baby is due if they don't live near by? Who do you think this LO will look like you or DH? Gabriel looks a lot like you to me

>
April 6th, 2013, 04:02 AM
My whole family lives in Florida and my MIL lives in Wisconsin. We aren't very close to DH's family. They basically treat him like the black sheep and because of that Me and DS are black sheeps. I shouldn't say all of them.. but a few. I do however get along with my MIL but we haven't seen her in over 2 years. I think my DH is a lot closer to my family than his. Which is upsetting.. but what can you do.
I am trying to see if my mom will come out. We have talked about plane tickets and car rentals. I really want her here because its her last grand baby. I think some parts of Gabriel look like me.. but a lot of people think he's spitting image of DH. He definitely has his nose!! Can't deny that!
During this ultrasound.. baby boy has the SAME nose in his profile pic!! HAHA It must be a dominant gene. (big noses) I honestly hope this baby looks like Gabriel. I would love that! Especially the big blue eyes!

Do you have family that lives nearby? Or is anyone coming to visit?? Anymore name idea's? Im patiently waiting to find out what you're having!! haha

April 6th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Awe that sucks about some members of his family but they are missing out on him and his family, but I totally understand what you say about him being closer to your family than his my DH is close to some of his family but he is much closer to my family. My mom lives 20 minutes from me so she will be there when I have the baby and she will be around probably everyday for the first few weeks or so. I have some aunts, uncle, and cousins who live just as close to me and I am sure they will be checking up on us . I hope your mom gets to come out that would be great for both of you! No more name ideas ugh I am stuck again on the boy middle name because my DH does not like Julian but doesn't have any suggestions so I just walked away from that conversation! My mom has decided she no longer likes the name Ava and my cousin doesn't either and I said that's fine keep saying it and it will grow on ya lol because the girl name is set.
Oh my goodness I can't wait until the 22nd I'm trying not to get so set on a girl its hard but I try not to dwell on it and I will update you as soon as I find out!

PS-Gabriel has a cute nose
mom2K&G likes this.

>
April 6th, 2013, 01:24 PM
You cracked me up laughing about Ava's name! I love how you are so adamant with it!
My DH and I are stuck choosing between Xander or Alexander. I told my DH that if he really wanted his name to be Alexander I would be ok with. He let me have Gabriel so it's only fair that I compromise. I dont hate the name.. but I dont love it! I think because I feel its so common. But Alexander Jaxon is cute! and I can still use xander as a nickname.
I like the name Julian!! It's so different. I completely understand about trying not to get your hopes up about having a girl. I had mine up and I was disappointed but Im doing better. I know its not Xanders fault I will love him regardless! Everything happens for a reason. I know you will be the same way!

Gabriel does have a cute nose!! It's just like his daddy's! I think this baby will have it too!! We shall see!

ps~ I had too much coffee today! I was a bad girl...

April 6th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Lol! Its ok we will let you slide on the coffee . Alexander Jaxon is cute and yes you can still call him Xander that is a good compromise if your husband really wants to name him Alexander. Yup I love the name Ava and for the last 2 years even though I was done in my mind having kids I said IF I ever had another girl her name would be Ava...its just so simple, cute, and classic everything does happen for a reason that is so true I say it all the time!

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search