Mom2Gabe & yvee80

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree60Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
It is! I LOVE Ava Lauryn. It's so vintage and classic! If not Ava.. Eva Lauryn is nice too! But Ava goes with your daughters name. Two A's.
Yeah He really loves the name alexander. So I will do it for him.
I have always felt that way, that everything happens for a reason. If it's meant to be.. It will be. So I really wanted a girl, but for some reason Xander is meant to be here. That gives me comfort

How is the weather down there? Tomorrow is going to be gorgeous!! Its going to be the high 70's and all next week in the 80's! I am so excited!!

April 6th, 2013, 07:11 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
I like Eva too that is cute! Alexander reminds me of an intelligent young man and a wise older man cant go wrong there! He is definitely supposed to be here no doubt about that! the weather here has been gorgeous, must get out of the house weather!!! I bet you are excited about those nice temperatures and that beautiful sun that will be out, nice park days!
mom2K&G likes this.

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
April 7th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Yes!! Today its supposed to be around 74! We are definitely getting out of the house today!! We will probably go to the park and once again the book store We are such nerds!! haha
So now I am officially 20 weeks!! WOOHOO! Half way done and its crazy! I hope the next half goes by fast and smoothly. I am just ready to meet my lil guy already!!

April 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Great temp outside time and good relaxation time today!! Yay or being halfway there , it will probably go really fast from this point forward! Hope you have fun out of the house today.
mom2K&G likes this.

>
April 7th, 2013, 12:56 PM
As I am writing this to you.. I am sitting on my back porch.. watching Gabriel and Bailey play and I made ice cold lemonade!! It is absolutely gorgeous outside! I am in flip flops, shorts and a tank and I am in heaven!
I really hope you are having great weather in GA as well! I'll share some if you aren't!
What are your plans today?

April 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
That sounds so nice an relaxing! We went to church this am but left a little early, went to the grocery store, and we are now at home relaxing with this beautiful weather, its such a nice day out here today too. I bet Gabriel had a ball outside playing with Bailey!

>
April 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Oh yeah! They had fun!! Now he needs a bath soon! (oh the life of boys) Always getting muddy and dirty! But I love watching him play and just having fun. I remember before Gabe was born I was so prim and proper. I was a clean freak. Even after he was born I was always like "omg he's dirty!!" But I have gotten so much better and now I realize so what.. he has muddy clothes, thats what they have a washing machine for. I have just have a whole different perspective and I will with this baby too. It's just great to see him get dirty and literally be a boy!

Oh the grocery store.. we need to go shopping soon! I hope you enjoy this beautiful day with your family!

April 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Lol! Yes let him get dirty playing hard I agree ! When my DD was little if I had something I didn't want her to get dirty she just didn't wear it to play in...but they are kids its inevitable they will get a little dirty and its not the end of the world.
mom2K&G likes this.

>
April 7th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I totally agree!! It's only dirt!
What are you doing for dinner tonight? We are having pizza and watching Rise of the Guardians. Great way to end the day!

So do you cloth diaper? breastfeed? Co sleep

I don't cloth diaper I just never had an interest in it honestly. I don't breast feed because unfortunately with my medications I can't. So I have come to terms with that a long time ago. I do however co sleep for the first few months! Not in my bed but the baby will sleep in a bassinet or pack and play right next to me.
I also love baby wearing! I currently have a babyhawk carrier but I am buying a new Maya Wrap for Xander too. I am very excited!

April 8th, 2013, 03:41 AM
I had a turkey sandwich craving again so that's what we had it was so refreshing and hit the spot!!!! I haven't tried cloth diapering but I really want to and for the most part it's because it will save us $$ but I never had issues with my DD when we used disposables and if I can get a good stockpile going DH wants to do disposables but we shall see, whatever will work best for us is what will win . Breast feeding didn't do it with my DD because at the hospital they made me feel very uncomfortable and I was young so we ended up doing bottle and she was and still is very healthy as well as extremely smart . I will try it with this baby again because it is healthier for baby, convenient, and saves $$. We do co sleep with DD she slept on my chest and in my bed but I too nervous to do that now so we will have the bassinet right next to the bed...I had a Carrier for DD but she was too small for it for so long it was wasted I do want to try some sort of wrap for this baby.

>
April 8th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Crazy! I actually had a Turkey Sandwich today for lunch with cheeto's. It was sooo good! I want another one! lol

Yeah I think the cloth diapers are cute the different patterns they have, but It's expensive to get started. So we are going to use disposable again. I know it saves money in the long run but honestly at this point I'm looking for convenience especially with a toddler. We actually started our stockpile. It's small right now but we'll build it up.

I have actually never breast fed. I really give kudos to those who do. I have been bashed as a mom before because I formula feed. I can't breast feed. I hate that we are looked down upon. Like our babies wont be smart, or get sick easier..
I simply can't I am on 3 medications (not now) I stopped during this pregnancy, but I can't! Im not gonna give my baby these meds.

I do co sleep but he will sleep next to me in his own little bed. I just love knowing he is right next to me and I can keep an eye on him.

I am baby wearing again with this one as well. I love it. Being able to have both hands free when you need them. Plus you feel so much closer to the baby.

Look at me rambling on! ROFL.. wow.. Stephen King novel! haha!

April 8th, 2013, 01:08 PM
The startup expense is one of the hang ups that I have about cloth diapering and a few other so we have to figure out what we can do and what we can't...I am also about convenience especially when my other children (DH child from another marriage) come to live with us it will be A LOT on just me and I definitely don't want my DD to feel like she is a live in sitter. I can't believe you were bashed for that, hun I could care less about what others think if they have enough time to bash you about why you can't and won't breast feed your children for good reason I might add, they might what to think about what type of mom try are spending time chastising others when they could be using that time to do something productive for their own....ok so I went on a rant right there because i just despise stuff like that. When people say ignorant stuff to me i ignore because i have verbal diarrhea and can definitely put someone in their place quick but I rather not . Formula feeding does get a bad rap I feel and it's unfortunate there are many reasons why many moms don't bf some of which are not voluntary and to have them believe that their children will be at a disadvantage for this is awful !

I need to start getting some coupons because I will be using sposies when baby first comes for sure.

I still get up in the middle of the night and check on my DD to make sure she is ok make sure her chest is going up and down, etc...so I know the comfort having the baby sleeping next to your bed gives you . Being able to have 2 free hands is awesome that's whyI want a wrap too
mom2K&G likes this.

>
April 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Ok.. so maybe I'm out of the loop... What is a Sposie? Is that like slang for disposable?? haha

April 8th, 2013, 03:09 PM
ha ha yes dont feel bad I am out of the lop too, I learned it from JM. I am confused a lot with a bunch of the jargon, i just act as if I know what it is and then after weeks I have that aha moment and it comes to me lol
mom2K&G likes this.

>
April 8th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Hahaha ok good! Im not alone with this jargon! That's what I thought it meant.

April 8th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Nope not alone !!! My feet were kind of swollen today I could feel my skin tighten ugh....not looking forward to swollen feet!

>
April 9th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Oh no! Already getting swollen? I haven't had any swollen feet or fingers... YET. I know it will happen though. My hips are already starting to hurt though. Are yours? They are so sore when I wake up in the morning or roll over at night.

So you've been craving turkey sandwiches.. I feel like the cereal queen over here. I could live off of it! haha

April 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Yes they are swollen when I am on them way too long without resting..

Oh I love cereal too i can join you in eating it all day Every now and then my right hip will start to ache so I am not looking forward to being any more uncomfortable.

>
April 9th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Ok what is it with the right hips? My right is the one bothering me as well!

I am so addicted to cereal! All types! they have to have cut up banana's in them!!!
yvee80 likes this.

April 9th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Idk what it is about the right hip I am in love with Frosted Flakes and Banana Nut Cheerios right now !

>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search