UPDATED & Gender Reveal: Bleeding?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I just went to the bathroom and had a BM and there was blood when I wiped. It was bright red. It stopped by the time was done wiping, but now I'm FREAKING OUT. I haven't had any issues this pregnancy, and even now I can feel the baby moving, but why would I be spotting NOW?

I tried calling the midwives, but they don't open until 9. My DH says to just get dressed and drive over there. I'm not sure what protocol is for doing that. Can i just show up? It'll probably be 9 before I can get myself and the kids dressed.

Please send your positive thoughts this way. I have to get myself together so I can drive the 50 minute drive.

UPDATE:

I just got home and am now waiting on a call from the midwife to see if they have any further suggestions, but the tech said everything looks great to her and she saw no reason for the bleeding. The baby was SUPER active and all kinds of adorable. It was flipping around and kicking the u/s wand and showing us the face and waving. Pretty much every single movement it could have done, the baby did. It sat with it's legs crossed. It showed us EVERYTHING....which leads me to the gender.....

We are having..................

Another BOY!! Boy #3 for us!

We're really excited and am just really hopeful that everything is okay and I don't have any more bleeding. DH wants me to ask to see an OB on top of the u/s we had and wants to rule out anything medical that maybe the tech could have missed. So we'll see what the midwife says when she calls back.

In the meantime, I plan to take it easy and just relax as much as I can for the rest of the day. I'll try to upload some pictures later.

Thank you all SO much for your kind words and wishes. ((HUGS))
mamalamb, Tinky, Anchored and 7 others like this.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Last edited by Husher; March 26th, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
March 26th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Mommy of 3
Oh no!!are you sure it didn't come from the back? Tmi but I had that once after a bowel movement. I guess I popped a hemorrhoid. It never bled again after that.

Good luck. Hope everything is ok!!

March 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
It's definitely not from the back. I checked that right away since I do have hemorrhoids that bleed from time to time. This was definitely vaginal and since then I've wiped and had more pink.

I'm waiting for the midwife to call me back now to see if they want me to come in there or to go to the ER.

March 26th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs* Hoping everything is okay!!! Did you DTD last night/this morning or anything that could have irritated you?

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 26th, 2013, 07:09 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could be related to a low lying placenta, if you have one. I hope it's nothing serious. I would freak out and call my midwife, too. Please update us soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
It's definitely not from the back. I checked that right away since I do have hemorrhoids that bleed from time to time. This was definitely vaginal and since then I've wiped and had more pink.

I'm waiting for the midwife to call me back now to see if they want me to come in there or to go to the ER.
It could also be something to do with the cervix. Have you DTD recently? For some reason, spotting after a BM seems to be more common during pregnancy than just spotting out of the blue.
March 26th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Mommy of 3
Hope she gets back to you soon!

March 26th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A nurse at work told me that it is fairly normal. Are you constipated and were your bearing down? It can be a normal occurrence to have some vaginal bleeding if that is the case. She did say that you should try to avoid bearing down and hopefully adding more fiber to your diet can help with that.

March 26th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I just heard back and they scheduled me for an ultrasound at 11:30. They cancelled my anatomy scan on Friday and have put it all for today. So...it looks like if everything is okay I'll find out the gender today, too.

I'm still freaking out over here.
Tinky, miniRazz and Irishgirl99 like this.

March 26th, 2013, 07:48 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
please keep us updated. let us know everything right away. You'll be in my thoughts. I hope that they can give you peace of mind right away so you can enjoy the rest of the ultrasound and finding out the gender. Keep us posted!
March 26th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Hesperleigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think everything is fine (and hope I'm right). Can't wait to hear gender!

March 26th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
I am betting its from the bm, cause of memeory serves our cervies canbe swollen from gestating. If you pushed at all then a vessel on the cervi could have caused the bleeding. At any rate you will be in m t&p and I am anious to hear good news and gender. can hubby go with?

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
March 26th, 2013, 08:03 AM
It seems like it's tapering off now and turning brown, so maybe that's a good sign. I have a good BM pretty much every day so I'm just surprised if that's what it's from. Either way, if that's all it was, I'll be grateful.

I left messages for my DH. I called him as soon as it happened, but he was on his way to work then. He told me to call him back as soon as I heard from the midwives, but he's probably in meetings now. I'm not sure he'll be able to leave in time to get there with me, so it may just be me. My neighbor is coming over to watch the kids for me.

March 26th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
KUP! Hope everything is ok!

March 26th, 2013, 09:27 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
I'm sorry you're getting this scare Hope everything is okay!! Very exciting you get the anatomy/gender scan early!!!
Good luck and KUP

March 26th, 2013, 09:28 AM
carolinashore's Avatar Veteran
I hope everything is ok.

March 26th, 2013, 09:31 AM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had a scare, but i bet everything is fine! Can't wait for your update, good luck at your scan!!!!

March 26th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Fins's Avatar Super Mommy
Hugs! I'm sure everything is fine but I'm so glad you're getting in to get an ultrasound. Keep us posted, I will be thinking about you!

March 26th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope all is well

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggy!

March 26th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck at your appointment! I was going to agree with your DH and tell you to just go in. I would personally need the peace of mind that everything is ok. KUP!
March 26th, 2013, 09:56 AM
soccermamatomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope everything is okay. I will keep you in my thoughts.
Twin DDs: 14 yo
DS: 9yo
Step DD: 15yo
Step DD: 11yo
Rayna-August 18, 2013!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search