Sleep issues

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Colliekat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 07:36 AM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
So in every book I've read and the app I have on my phone it says that once in the 2nd trimester you should not sleep on your back (and obviously not your stomach). Now I flip flop all night from side to side, woken up by my arms falling asleep (it wakes me up because of the tingly feeling).
Does anyone else have this issue? If so how did you stop your arms from falling asleep??
Has anyone's dr's said it is still ok to sleep on your back? I won't be seeing my OB until the 6th at my 20 week appt and she's currently away on vacation.

March 27th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Momma2Chase's Avatar August 2013 DDC Co-Host
My arms fall asleep when I am sleeping too- it started a few weeks ago and sometimes it's pretty bad but otherwise tolerable. I read somewhere to sleep with your arms up over your head if you can and that can fix it. (I've done that before and seen progress)

As for sleeping on your back- I know it doesn't really come into play until the baby is big enough to put pressure on one of the major veins that brings blood to your heart. With Chase I don't remember that happening until I was a bit further along... can't say exactly but I would guess >25 weeks. I'm 20 weeks right now and can still lay on my back, I just prop my head up with 2 pillows and it's still comfortable
When you get to the point where baby/uterus IS too heavy you will definitely know because the pressure can make you feel faint/dizzy. I would say if you lay on your back now and don't feel "odd" at all, you're probably still in the safe zone!

As a side note: I hate sleeping now. lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

March 27th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still kinda bad at doing this. I love sleeping on my back, but I try to go to sleep on my side. Last night though I was on my side and moved and had a charlie horse in my foot that made me jump up out of bed cursing at 2am. After that, little missy thought it would be fun to wake up too and I fell asleep with her still kicking and somersaulting!
miniRazz and angelbabiesmama like this.

March 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I still sleep on my tummy Everything I've read says that baby is cushioned enough that she'll be fine, and not sleeping on your tummy is only for mama's comfort only. I've been avoiding back sleeping though.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

March 27th, 2013, 12:50 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Chase View Post
My arms fall asleep when I am sleeping too- it started a few weeks ago and sometimes it's pretty bad but otherwise tolerable. I read somewhere to sleep with your arms up over your head if you can and that can fix it. (I've done that before and seen progress)

As for sleeping on your back- I know it doesn't really come into play until the baby is big enough to put pressure on one of the major veins that brings blood to your heart. With Chase I don't remember that happening until I was a bit further along... can't say exactly but I would guess >25 weeks. I'm 20 weeks right now and can still lay on my back, I just prop my head up with 2 pillows and it's still comfortable
When you get to the point where baby/uterus IS too heavy you will definitely know because the pressure can make you feel faint/dizzy. I would say if you lay on your back now and don't feel "odd" at all, you're probably still in the safe zone!

As a side note: I hate sleeping now. lol
Thanks I'll try that. It's definitely comfortable sleeping on my back just didn't want blood to stop from getting to baby or myself

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search